• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croyles

Ser Aymeric is voiced by Count Riario (Blake Ritson) from Da Vinci's Demons:

114974.281x308.jpg

and his voice is just the best.

Lol he even looks like Aymeric.

iammeiam

Maybe dragon girls won't live down to my expectations. It could happen!

...lolrite, and 3.0 bard will be amazing.

People with a bunch of alts? So they can change ALL OF THEM to dragon-chan.

AFAIK, all five potions have to go to the same character. Fantasia purchases got a lot more expensive for people with alts when they got 'fixed' to be character and not account-bound.

Jayhawk

Some former GAF members bought five packs of fantasia before. The only one that comes to mind who is still in GAF and probably used more than three fantasias is Darkness.

iammeiam

I've done a few short-term Fantasias (up to five used actually), it's more the planning for five at once that surprises me.

IvorB

No. They have said that having Zodiac will get you some advantage when 3.1's weapon grind rolls around.

Okay cool. I knew about the glamour thing but didn't think that was all there was. Still waiting to hear the final word on that before I spend any more money on finishing my relic.

have they said when the PSN version of the expac is supposed to roll around? at this rate I doubt I'll get early access with a PSN version now. the running conspiracy in my FC is that they're trying to force people into buying a physical CE for PS4.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
have they said when the PSN version of the expac is supposed to roll around? at this rate I doubt I'll get early access with a PSN version now. the running conspiracy in my FC is that they're trying to force people into buying a physical CE for PS4.
It's already up in Japan, they're just waiting for SCEA/SCEE to give the greenlight for NA/EU. The store updates on Tuesdays so maybe it'll be up tomorrow.

As for that conspiracy it doesn't make much sense, the physical PS4 CE isn't even in stock at the moment and the people who have ordered them are in the same boat cause SCEA/SCEE haven't started generating the early access PSN codes.

I know Danix Drake, Victor Strange and Natasha Jayhawk PVP too occasionally
Sucks we can't group up together due to the GC restrictions.

It's already up in Japan, they're just waiting for SCEA/SCEE to give the greenlight. The store updates on Tuesdays so maybe it'll be up tomorrow.

As for that conspiracy it doesn't make much sense, the physical PS4 CE isn't even in stock at the moment and the people who have ordered them are in the same boat cause SCEA/SCEE haven't started generating the early access PSN codes.

Sucks we can't group up together due to the GC restrictions.

It's more of a running joke than anything serious.

Hopefully something happens tomorrow. I just wanted to preorder for early access and I don't really want a disc for an expac.

Dunan

Japanese Famitsu, in a fantastic article that discusses some the new post-Lv50 abilities, has some pre-release art of players that appear to be left-handers:

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/079/139/555e49e11908b.html

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/079/139/555e49ddc85e2.html

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/079/139/555e49c898ecf.html

I'm assuming that these were flipped horizontally for some reason, but I haven't given up hope!

Also, brief unrelated question: the official SE store's pre-order page doesn't say whether the Heavensward you're buying (for $39.99) is digital or physical. I want to pre-order the digital version and get the bonus items; which is it?

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/282169/final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward-ps4 )

WolvenOne

That is provided stats won't just rescale which is a wise thing to do.

They did say there's gonna be more rebalancing to old abilities so maybe durations will be altered to fit new projected rotations. DRG rotation was getting too simple with positionals removal anyway.

Hopefully, yeah.

And yes DRG rotation is a bit simple without positionals, which is why I don't complain about Phleb needing to be reapplied at a different time. Just thinking ahead a bit, needing to reapply Phleb at a different time might be annoying, seeing as players will have two possible procs occasionally changing up timings.

Or not, we'll find out soon enough.

Japanese Famitsu, in a fantastic article that discusses some the new post-Lv50 abilities, has some pre-release art of players that appear to be left-handers:

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/079/139/555e49e11908b.html

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/079/139/555e49ddc85e2.html

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/079/139/555e49c898ecf.html

I'm assuming that these were flipped horizontally for some reason, but I haven't given up hope!

Those links don't work for me.

dramatis

Basically, Famitsu set their own servers up dumb or something. It's 2015 and they're still lagging behind in webtech, it's kind of embarrassing. On top of that their screenshots are at miserable resolutions for the HD age.

Hopefully, yeah.

And yes DRG rotation is a bit simple without positionals, which is why I don't complain about Phleb needing to be reapplied at a different time. Just thinking ahead a bit, needing to reapply Phleb at a different time might be annoying, seeing as players will have two possible procs occasionally changing up timings.

Or not, we'll find out soon enough.

Well technically there still is positionals. They just don't matter as much in the grand scheme of things.

Its just that if the idea is to continually refresh Blood of the Dragon while throwing out these new abilities that lower the timer of BD I can't see the current rotation surviving at all. Not without an increase in the timers for Heavy Thrust and Phlebotomize.

it is true that they did mention changing lower level abilities and making adjustments however so that's a thing.

It'll be nice to see the changes, cause all of the dps rotations/priorities are pretty simplistic all things considered.

Ruruja

I was quite miffed with the lack of left-handedness when I started out too.

WolvenOne

Well technically there still is positionals. They just don't matter as much in the grand scheme of things.

Its just that if the idea is to continually refresh Blood of the Dragon while throwing out these new abilities that lower the timer of BD I can't see the current rotation surviving at all. Not without an increase in the timers for Heavy Thrust and Phlebotomize.

it is true that they did mention changing lower level abilities and making adjustments however so that's a thing.

It'll be nice to see the changes, cause all of the dps rotations/priorities are pretty simplistic all things considered.

Well they did mention that the two BoD moves are intended to go after Full Thrust and Chaos Thrust. If that's the case the DRG rotation shouldn't be changing, THAT much.

Phleb might be the odd man out though.

Valor

Well they did mention that the two BoD moves are intended to go after Full Thrust and Chaos Thrust. If that's the case the DRG rotation shouldn't be changing, THAT much.

Phleb might be the odd man out though.

Adding a full gcd + onto the three part combos is going to completely change the dragoon combo rotation unless they increase the duration of HT.

WolvenOne

Adding a full gcd + onto the three part combos is going to completely change the dragoon combo rotation unless they increase the duration of HT.

True, though in this case I was referring to the two major components of the DRG rotation being largely unchanged. Granted, unless durations are adjusted that'll force some adjustments here and there.

iammeiam

BLM/BRD/SMN (I think ?)/DRG all basically had their existing rotations/priorities blown up. NIN gets changes due to Huton extension, I think? MNK seems to be the only one where all the old stuff still seems applicable, albeit it with more ways to deal with/capitalize on potential stack loss.

The first few weeks for the changed DPS jobs should be pretty interesting as people work out adjust buff timings/rotations in advance of Alexander.

and then SE will nerf everything and everyone will have to start over.

Dunan

Wolven, here is the first of a three-page article interviewing Yoshida in France:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201505/26079368.html

(Links to pages 2 and 3 are toward the bottom.)

And here is another good one about new classes from Dengeki Online:

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/055/1055148/

I was quite miffed with the lack of left-handedness when I started out too.

It wouldn't make me so angry if you were playing pre-determined characters with their own names and backgrounds like in single-player RPGs. This game is meant to offer a huge amount of customization. Thousands of possible combinations of hair colors and skin tones, tattoo positions, nose shapes, and everything under the sun... but only one possible dominant hand.

I remember reading at one point that the producers required every adventurer to be a righty because the cut scenes were designed around the character's weapon being in a certain position, or something like that. Try to imagine, for a comparison, developers defending a requirement that all characters have light skin because non-Caucasian-like skin wouldn't contrast the right way with the backgrounds in the cut scenes. There would be an uproar.

And I love playing different races and different genders. I just don't want my protagonist to be yet another right-hander.

xeris

I finally finished the main storyline. Wow, that was intense wasn't it? I knew I was in trouble when
A Final Fantasy game of all things warned me that there might be long cut scenes!

I remember reading at one point that the producers required every adventurer to be a righty because the cut scenes were designed around the character's weapon being in a certain position, or something like that. Try to imagine, for a comparison, developers defending a requirement that all characters have light skin because non-Caucasian-like skin wouldn't contrast the right way with the backgrounds in the cut scenes. There would be an uproar.

That's uh...quite the comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom