• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Preparing for Heavensward, I reactivated a couple of hours ago and started picking away at story so I'll be ready for early access. I also went in and did World of Darkness, and lordy I sure did not miss CT groups. But it was nice to see Cloud of Darkness and I felt that the fight was pretty cool. As the world's only English-speaking FF3 fan, it meant a lot to me to see all of that stuff.

Stuart444

Preparing for Heavensward, I reactivated a couple of hours ago and started picking away at story so I'll be ready for early access. I also went in and did World of Darkness, and lordy I sure did not miss CT groups. But it was nice to see Cloud of Darkness and I felt that the fight was pretty cool. As the world's only English-speaking FF3 fan, it meant a lot to me to see all of that stuff.

Funnily enough, I think you just got kicked today for inactivity. How coincidental XD.

Welcome back to FFXIV. :D

I'll make a highlight of the actual clear, but here was the Comedy Club's first "help" clear of T13.

http://www.twitch.tv/gamernightlive/b/665136502

I am laughing so much at this.

Kenai

Nice. Hope you are enjoying it.

I'd actually liked to hear your thoughts on the "endgame" leading up to the expansion when you get to it. There's some pretty mixed feelings on it
I quite enjoy mega-cliffhangers and some serious stuff went down so i rather enjoyed it

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Hey I'm still disappointed they skipped Echidna

Isaccard

Welcome back

Thinking of running at least an alt or two before Heavensward. I'm guessing the quickest way to do that is to roll either MRD/PLD or WHM/SCH to speed up the leveling process.

I'd have to brush up on tanking skills anyway if I want to put time into Dark Knight.

Welcome back!

Ken

Tiv I got Kupofried!

PS did you get my mail

Stuart444

Yoshi-P Addresses Content Accessibility Concerns

Equipment rewards to main scenario quests

Priority queue to help with dps queues if you're new

Pre-50 MSQs give double EXP.

If you own HW, you'll obviously get exp from the 2.1 - 2.55 quests to help get to 60

And of course partial groups for those in FCs/LS/who ask around for helpful people to run through stuff with them.

Lots of stuff to help people catch up quickly. :D

iammeiam

I think my 3.0 goal is now doing all the low level dungeons solo in a ghost costume while listening to Halloween music.

guys I'm so bored send help.

I do think they need to do _something_ to stuff like Cape Westwind, Castrum, and Prae because those seem likely to be hit the hardest by Heavensward.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I think my 3.0 goal is now doing all the low level dungeons solo in a ghost costume while listening to Halloween music.

I do think they need to do _something_ to stuff like Cape Westwind, Castrum, and Prae because those seem likely to be hit the hardest by Heavensward.

They will solve it by removing CM from the game.

IvorB

Halloween music? You've got Thriller by MJ and what else?

JudgeN

I came back to the game to get ready for heavensward and i'm spamming Tower of Darkness to upgrade my i90 gear to 120. This was the reason I quit in the first place, was spamming one instance for gear that near dropped. To be fair I did finish up most of the story missions and had my FC help me with the rest of the primal fights I missed but still.

Any chance the formula going to be difference for heavensward or is going to be more of the same?

I came back to the game to get ready for heavensward and i'm spamming Tower of Darkness to upgrade my i90 gear to 120. This was the reason I quit in the first place, was spamming one instance for gear that near dropped. To be fair I did finish up most of the story missions and had my FC help me with the rest of the primal fights I missed but still.

Any chance the formula going to be difference for heavensward or is going to be more of the same?

HW is using tokens for loot like WoW I believe.

plake

MMORPGs are based around repetition and grinding for stuff that gets outdated after a few months.

MMORPGs are based around repetition and grinding for stuff that gets outdated after a few months.

Yeah but there's better ways of making sure people get rewarded. Token systems and bonus rolls that WoW put in help with that a lot. 14 is still using the old school system of grind it out for rng drops.

Yeah but there's better ways of making sure people get rewarded. Token systems and bonus rolls that WoW put in help with that a lot. 14 is still using the old school system of grind it out for rng drops.

The tomes were a step in the right direction, since you can still upgrade even if you get unlucky with drops.

Now the token drops should balance that out more since you'll be getting those + tomes.

aceface

It was confirmed that the new primals would drop tokens. Not sure about Alex. Alex normal at least sounds like it's going to be how CT was- run a "turn" as much as you want but you can only roll on a piece of loot from each turn once a week.

iammeiam

It was confirmed that the new primals would drop tokens. Not sure about Alex. Alex normal at least sounds like it's going to be how CT was- run a "turn" as much as you want but you can only roll on a piece of loot from each turn once a week.

This is actually why I'd be shocked if Alex normal didn't drop tokens. 4 turns, one drop per turn, 11 or 12 (depending on if weapon) gear slots means everyone would be completely outfitted in Alex gear on their mains in three weeks. Which would work pretty well for gearing up for Savage, but would have pretty negative long-term effects on the popularity of normal mode. Unless they do an upgrade item weekly, I guess.

Token system would increase the longevity of the content, and still promote rerunning everything every week until you win the token loot roll in each turn. DFing that gonna be sooooooo fun.

Teknoman

I still wish they used some form of FF3's normal battle theme.

At any rate, welcome back.

iammeiam

alt glamour \o/

Might be worth it if you can run a premade every week? But I'm going to go ahead and point at how quickly WoD died after everyone got three or four good pieces, before they added Twine; nobody wants to deal with that (or if Yoshi's being honest something more difficult) in DF for alt glamour.

Stuart444

So FFXIV HW Digital Version is up on the American store now

However it seems like there is an issue where if you upgraded from PS3 -> PS4, you can't buy it.

Hope that is fixed for tomorrow when it goes up on the EU store (assuming it does of course)

Valnen

I was charged successfully for my order last night at around 3 am. Looks like I'm getting my expansion!

Now to clear T12 and T13.

I'll make a highlight of the actual clear, but here was the Comedy Club's first "help" clear of T13.

http://www.twitch.tv/gamernightlive/b/665136502

Y'know, I'm actually glad you recorded this for posterity's sake. (This is what awaits you with the Comedy Club, everyone!) :D But, in all honesty, thanks again everyone for sticking around for those 19 wipes and 1 clear.

Poor Haman, though... I hope you didn't lose your mind too badly.

So FFXIV HW Digital Version is up on the American store now

However it seems like there is an issue where if you upgraded from PS3 -> PS4, you can't buy it.

Hope that is fixed for tomorrow when it goes up on the EU store (assuming it does of course)

Oh, man, I hope this is fixed soon, too.

RK9039

Finally finished the updated main scenario quests, damn what an ending. Well, I have just one more quest to do.

Those guys better not be dead

YAY.

Welcome back, Tiv.

Aesthet1c

So I've been out of the loop of FFXIV for a while, and thinking about coming back for Heavensward.

I know I'm not caught up on the mainline story quest with all the patches, but am I going to have to get all of those knocked out before I can start the story stuff for Heavensward? I'm debating starting my subscription up a few weeks early so I have time to get all those quests cleaned up, unless of course I can just skip it.

IvorB

Uh. Monster Mash? What is wrong with kids these days?

Yeah and that Ghostbusters song I guess. I haven't really put much thought into it beyond Thriller to be honest.

So I've been out of the loop of FFXIV for a while, and thinking about coming back for Heavensward.

I know I'm not caught up on the mainline story quest with all the patches, but am I going to have to get all of those knocked out before I can start the story stuff for Heavensward? I'm debating starting my subscription up a few weeks early so I have time to get all those quests cleaned up, unless of course I can just skip it.

I think you need to complete the whole current story before you can do HW stuff. Would be awesome to be able to skip the story quests.

Stuart444

Yes, Since the HW story starts from the end of the ARR story, you must complete them all. Should only take a few days at most depending on how hard you go at it I guess.

WolvenOne

If you hit 50 before unsubbing, it won't take you too long to go through the story quests. From 2.1 onward each story quest only takes a few hours to complete, sooo I would guess the whole thing will take you somewhere around 12-20 hours. (Depending on how swift you are and how many cutscenes you skip.)

Can do that in 2.5 weeks easy.

Enthus

So if my account is Windows CE, but I've been launching through a copy on Steam someone bought me, does that mean I can't buy Heavensward on Steam and redeem it on my account?

If so, that is really dumb. Why make PC and Steam separate codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom