• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

All this drama over translations, can't we go back to bickering over things that really matter? Like WAR vs PLD or e-peen contests.

scy

All this drama over translations, can't we go back to bickering over things that really matter? Like WAR vs PLD or e-peen contests.

I can't wait for PLD to be the best actual tank, best tank DPS, and most fun to play.

It'll be just way too hilarious to me.

I may be a terrible person.

Item Box

lets all learn a a new language so we can stop arguing and play the game in its original and intended form, glorious nipponese

who's gonna be the first to gift me rosetta stone

Valor

yes it was. I hate this argument but I have this terrible compulsion as a human being to respond to stupid.

Please stop this argument so I can keep my sanity, I'm slowly losing it in an argument I have no actual stake in.

You need to let go a little bit. Way too tightly wound.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
6D77TCs.jpg

Come on Angary. Put some pineapple on that pizza!

WolvenOne

I knew all along!

Honestly I expect the relationship between Warriors and Paladins to remain roughly the same, with a few adjustments here and there.

Warriors will probably have higher DPS output among the two, unless the DPS stance offers no benefits aside from being able to stack Abandon. Even without such a benefit the two classes would end up awfully close, assuming all the Delivrrence abilities have the same potency as the Defiance abilities.

Main Tanking will probably remain more straight forward as a Paladin, thus a bit easier to master. The gap might narrow a bit due to Warriors getting a potent self heal CD, and an additional defensive CD. If so, I doubt it narrows too much, but the gap is overstated anyway so whatever. They'll also have a much more desirable DPS rotation, but since it's a bit more difficult for them to stance dance they won't be able to take full advantage of it as often as Warriors.

As for Dark Knights it sounds like they'll be good at both roles, but thier DPS is probably going to be even burstier than Warriors, since they're very dependent on MP and can't use bards to replenish it.

So my read is that the dynamic is tweaked but overall will remain similar to how it is right now. Your right though, PLDS should be more fun to play once they hit 60.

PS: Yes I know, Warriors can tank anything a Paladin can just fine. I'm not intending to drudge up that debate again.

RK9039

Paladin is boring to play though, and I also think their armour sets look a bit lame. I'd rather play a Bard instead even though I have never tried one because that class also sucks.

Noi

Man, had I known you were looking I would have tried to help back when I was on Hyperion. I can try asking some friends there to see if they can help you if you'd like.

How so? The server as a whole?

Haha, thanks for the offer. I found a group today that wanted me to stick around for their next attempt, so I might be getting the clear soon... I hope. I'm officially at the point where I know the whole fight, I just need to find seven other people who're also at that point.

Wagram

Perhaps someone else may recall, but I completely forgot what Gerolt's debt to Rowena was for. Obviously it was monetary, but did the story ever state what he needed it for?

Been awhile, and i'm blanking on it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Haha, thanks for the offer. I found a group today that wanted me to stick around for their next attempt, so I might be getting the clear soon... I hope. I'm officially at the point where I know the whole fight, I just need to find seven other people who're also at that point.
That's great, good luck to you.

koji kabuto

So i can't use duty finder when it comes to Chimera fight(Relic reborn quest)?
I really don't understand whats the point of that...

Allard

So i can't use duty finder when it comes to Chimera fight(Relic reborn quest)?
I really don't understand whats the point of that...

You can? You have to activate the Chimera fight by going to the location physically first and then it shows up in the Duty Finder.

Stuart444

Me and Alice beat T13. Video will take a bit to upload edit but yeah, we won.

Thanks to Haman, Kitcait, Lucifer, Korra, Rav and Gyl for sticking with us. It was a lot of fun even with the deaths. That feeling when Bahamut was about to die was awesome. :D

So that's Ex Primals and Coil off our before expac list. Next up, post moogle quests + final DoH class (ARM) to 50. Hopefully FSH as well before expac. Hopefully...

Oh also got the Odin fate achievement finally, Behemoth has one as well doesn't he? Would be nice if he would spawn while we're on just so we can get it as well then but if not, oh well.

Today has been a good day.

rubius01

Thanks to Haman, Kitcait, Lucifer, Korra, Rav and Gyl for sticking with us. It was a lot of fun even with the deaths. That feeling when Bahamut was about to die was awesome. :D

So that's Ex Primals and Coil off our before expac list. Next up, post moogle quests + final DoH class (ARM) to 50. Hopefully FSH as well before expac. Hopefully...

Oh also got the Odin fate achievement finally, Behemoth has one as well doesn't he? Would be nice if he would spawn while we're on just so we can get it as well then but if not, oh well.

Good Job

Aselith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0StEdLOXhXM

Stuart444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOpJIhJ-hIY

This vid is from Alices PoV (my PoV probably won't be up for hours so just posting this one) and is pretty much panic healing (so lots of mess ups and mistimed Cure IIIs) but we still won and we both only died once to Dives in this run. Which is a miracle considering our previous runs. (I think we were finally getting it down but we're tired and panicking not a good combo lol)

Not sure we'll ever go back to it (maybe one day with i200+ gear hahaha) but man, it felt good to beat him.

I've really enjoyed the Coil story.

I see so many messups I made just watching this back but I am glad we did it. I was worried we weren't (a few pulls before hand, I got myself in a bit of a state. I just couldn't figure out what to do to help myself do it).

Thanks to everyone who suffered with me and Jade throughout all of our T13 attempts recently. Thanks to all the people who gave us advice. Just thank you all. I am so glad to have gotten it done! (same to all of you that helped with BCoB, SCoB and FCoB in general from when we first started it ages ago).

As Jade said, maybe we'll go back in at some other point in the distant future. I'd love to be able to do it better than I did.

BadRNG

I see so many messups I made just watching this back but I am glad we did it.
This is how it always is for me, rewatching any clear has some moments where I wonder what the hell I am doing. It's a lot easier to judge when not in the heat of the moment.

Grats on the clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOpJIhJ-hIY

This vid is from Alices PoV (my PoV probably won't be up for hours so just posting this one) and is pretty much panic healing (so lots of mess ups and mistimed Cure IIIs) but we still won and we both only died once to Dives in this run. Which is a miracle considering our previous runs. (I think we were finally getting it down but we're tired and panicking not a good combo lol)

Not sure we'll ever go back to it (maybe one day with i200+ gear hahaha) but man, it felt good to beat him.

I've really enjoyed the Coil story.

also grats

Aeana

Finished the story.

I know they love to throw in references to other FF games, but they could've chosen a better FF4 reference than having all of your companions sacrifice themselves for you. :) But in continuing the reference, I'm sure they're all gonna be fine in Heavensward.

Risette

A Good Citizen
New player question~

If I buy the Heavensward bundle on PSN now, will I get to download and play the base game now before the expansion comes out? Or will I have to wait until the expansion comes out to access even the base game? I just started playing the trial the other day and I really like it and want the full version, but the purchasing options are kinda confusing me right now.

New player question~

If I buy the Heavensward bundle on PSN now, will I get to download and play the base game now before the expansion comes out? Or will I have to wait until the expansion comes out to access even the base game? I just started playing the trial the other day and I really like it and want the full version, but the purchasing options are kinda confusing me right now.

you need the base game to even play heavensward. So if you buy the heavensward bundle on psn and it doesnt include the base game, you wont be able to play it/launch it

Official Forum thread:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...g-in-Heavensward-but-why-are-shadows-so-BLACK

Help me out here guys, I want to see if you're seeing what I'm seeing in the Heavensward benchmark. I realize Dark Knight is coming with HW, but seriously, why's everything gotta be so BLACK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Q7MlpPSOQ

If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch this video. I recorded a Heavensward benchmark run, so you can see what I'm seeing. All places where dynamic shadows are being cast are like pitch black, the engine is completely crushing all shadow detail right now. It's easily noticeable for example on all flying mounts when the sun is behind them, the front of the mounts is all pitch black. Similarly, when Alexander raises his leg out of the water, the underside of his leg is completely black and all the flying mounts flying across the screen in the background are all black. Later on when the party confronts the dragon, you can barely see it because it's all black on black. I don't really think this is being correctly rendered, it looks fine right now in the existing client in-game. Hopefully this can be corrected in the released Heavensward client.

The benchmark was run at 4K resolution, DX11 Maximum. You can see my system in the lower left corner of the screen. Yes, framerate is that bad in 4K on a GTX 970. I need a GTX 980 Ti, sigh.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Yes, framerate is that bad in 4K on a GTX 970. I need a GTX 980 Ti, sigh.
Wow that sounds like a truly awful problem you have there. No 4K? Why bother...

I noticed the same thing during my benchmark as well. Looks pretty bad.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
New player question~

This. The bundle is locked till launch (June 23rd), you will not be able to play the base game immediately and you will not get early access to Heavensward cause you won't get access to the base game till the 23rd.

On the 23rd the base game will unlock and once you complete the full base game story you'll get access to the Heavensward zones.

Early access is not available for the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online all-in-one bundle.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cebcb45223906c06e74e0b62c2723b86c22fee5f

I've heard of some people having trouble upgrading from trial to full version otherwise I'd just recommend buying the physical version for $20, putting in the code that comes with it, and using the trial client to play the full game. Heavensward is $40 by itself so there's no discount when buying them bundled.

Official Forum thread:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...g-in-Heavensward-but-why-are-shadows-so-BLACK

Help me out here guys, I want to see if you're seeing what I'm seeing in the Heavensward benchmark. I realize Dark Knight is coming with HW, but seriously, why's everything gotta be so BLACK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Q7MlpPSOQ

If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch this video. I recorded a Heavensward benchmark run, so you can see what I'm seeing. All places where dynamic shadows are being cast are like pitch black, the engine is completely crushing all shadow detail right now. It's easily noticeable for example on all flying mounts when the sun is behind them, the front of the mounts is all pitch black. Similarly, when Alexander raises his leg out of the water, the underside of his leg is completely black and all the flying mounts flying across the screen in the background are all black. Later on when the party confronts the dragon, you can barely see it because it's all black on black. I don't really think this is being correctly rendered, it looks fine right now in the existing client in-game. Hopefully this can be corrected in the released Heavensward client.

The benchmark was run at 4K resolution, DX11 Maximum. You can see my system in the lower left corner of the screen. Yes, framerate is that bad in 4K on a GTX 970. I need a GTX 980 Ti, sigh.

In the latest Live Letter Yoshida showed a options slider for controlling shadows/lighting on the character model. I'm assuming there's one for the environment as well since this is part of the new DirectX 11 stuff IRC.

Risette

A Good Citizen
This. The bundle is locked till launch (June 23rd), you will not be able to play the base game immediately and you will not get early access to Heavensward cause you won't get access to the base game till the 23rd.

On the 23rd the base game will unlock and once you complete the full base game story you'll get access to the Heavensward zones.

I've heard of some people having trouble upgrading from trial to full version otherwise I'd just recommend buying the physical version for $20, putting in the code that comes with it, and using the trial client to play the full game. Heavensward is $40 by itself so there's no discount when buying them bundled.
this is silly :(

if I get the physical version do I have to use the disc to play or do I just have it tied to my account?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
this is silly :(

if I get the physical version do I have to use the disc to play or do I just have it tied to my account?
It's tied to your account.

Edit:
Oh, it seems it's not. Sorry for the confusion.
If you're on PS4, you do have to use the disc to play if you buy it physically and you install it from the disc. The only way to circumvent it is by downloading the trial client first and putting the code that comes with the disc in, otherwise you'll be SOL. Friend of mine went through that when he bought the physical PS4 disc.

PS3 version is the one that just gives you a digital copy for putting the disc in and then works as a coaster.

Noi

If you're on PS4, you do have to use the disc to play if you buy it physically and you install it from the disc. The only way to circumvent it is by downloading the trial client first and putting the code that comes with the disc in, otherwise you'll be SOL. Friend of mine went through that when he bought the physical PS4 disc.

PS3 version is the one that just gives you a digital copy for putting the disc in and then works as a coaster.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

Oh wow. I wonder which disc you're supposed to use if you buy the disc version of Heavensward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom