• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
1610df838a.jpg
Does this /visor or are you not supposed to be able to see anything?

Tomat

I can't stop man, this is my curse.

Only thing stopping me from going Highlander is those terribad BLM stats.

Tomat

Fantasias were scarce back then, had to be stingy!

I have a problem
Does any post-50 DRG gear have clear eye slots? AF, AF2, and I think the poetics set don't look like they do.
Friend tells me no and says that Hussar's Goggles are the only ones that even have clear lenses.

Sora_N

I remember asking someone what iLevel or whatever was in FC 1-2 weeks ago, now I know why it's important.

Did that dragon dungeon/duty (Lv 41) and I think it was my gears sucked too much, took us a long ass time to finish it. (I did DF)

I felt kinda bad since their healer kept dying, what should I do? Now I feel kinda stressed out about this, I could buy gears or something?

I'm level 44 now though.

I remember asking someone what iLevel or whatever was in FC 1-2 weeks ago, now I know why it's important.

Did that dragon dungeon/duty (Lv 41) and I think it was my gears sucked too much, took us a long ass time to finish it. (I did DF)

I felt kinda bad since their healer kept dying, what should I do? Now I feel kinda stressed out about this, I could buy gears or something?

I'm level 44 now though.

Do one more level then do your class quest, they give you a bunch of 45 armor for it, your AF(class specific armor, comes from FFXI Artifact armor name). Not sure what class you are, but ilvl is mostly only relevant for 50 since gear keeps scaling way past lvl 50. You do want to keep your gear generally within 10ish levels if possible, quests reward you with a bunch of stuff so shouldn't be too hard.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is the Delivery Moogle questline good? I don't care about the cap itself, but if it's funny/enjoyable I might try doing it before HW.

Sora_N

Do one more level then do your class quest, they give you a bunch of 45 armor for it, your AF(class specific armor, comes from FFXI Artifact armor name). Not sure what class you are, but ilvl is mostly only relevant for 50 since gear keeps scaling way past lvl 50. You do want to keep your gear generally within 10ish levels if possible, quests reward you with a bunch of stuff so shouldn't be too hard.

SCH, I kept dying during that last big mob and then twice at the boss. Felt kind of bad but eh, it's still just a game.

Yeah I was trying to grind to get to 45 for the armor, and the dungeon unlocked through story quests so I thought I'd try it. Didn't expect that would be a 1hr+ drain lol. I should be able to hit 45 by Wednesday or be 45 by Tuesday and finish that quest by Wednesday.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is the Delivery Moogle questline good? I don't care about the cap itself, but if it's funny/enjoyable I might try doing it before HW.
Some of it is good, some of it didn't call my attention at all so I just skipped the cutscenes/dialog. The deputy postmoogle himself is awesome though so I'd recommend you do it just for his story and skip the cutscenes/dialogs for the mail delivery quests that don't call your attention.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Some of it is good, some of it didn't call my attention at all so I just skipped the cutscenes/dialog. The deputy postmoogle himself is awesome though so I'd recommend you do it just for his story and skip the cutscenes/dialogs for the mail delivery quests that don't call your attention.
Yeah, I might as well do that, thanks. That moogle seems like a fun character.

Buttons

The Moogle sidequests were pretty awesome in my opinion. I care about the storyline and lore and the quests really fleshed out some characters, plus the Moogles are awesome and funny.

SkyOdin

I had been neglecting the questline until this last week, so I finally got around to doing the entire questline in one stretch. It isn't Hildebrand, but it does have some funny parts. Most of all though, it is a trip down memory lane, since the quests revisit a lot of familiar faces from elsewhere in the game. They flesh out the world a fair bit and let you see more of characters you don't normally see appear in quests. It served to refresh my memory on a few characters and plotlines from ARR that I hadn't thought about in a while. So right before the big expansion isn't a bad time to do the quests, really.

squadr0n

At some Playstation Access event, Yoshida was talking about a change in the rate at which players earn xp doing story quests. He likened it too binge watching a season of a tv show leading into season 2 which would be Heavensward.

Any idea when this update will be released if it hasn't already? I'm having a tough time getting to 50 in time.

Apoptomon

At some Playstation Access event, Yoshida was talking about a change in the rate at which players earn xp doing story quests. He likened it too binge watching a season of a tv show leading into season 2 which would be Heavensward.

Any idea when this update will be released if it hasn't already? I'm having a tough time getting to 50 in time.

That was from the Heavensward media event in Nantes, France. At a guess, the MSQ reward changes will be implemented on the 19th along with the rest of the expansion content. (When I watched that vid it didn't sound like the boost was designed to get people ready for HW, more to help people who start after 3.0 to get to endgame (lvl 60) quickly.)

Aselith

Hi , bro ,excuse me, WWW.W ТFSGG.COM 1000K=2.9$ Welcome to the most popular site WWW.W ТFSGG.COM

Croyles

Hi , bro ,excuse me, WWW.W ТFSGG.COM 1000K=2.9$ Welcome to the most popular site WWW.W ТFSGG.COM

Dare I say it, I miss the "existence is reasonable" people.

plake

ITS YOU.

Friend tells me no and says that Hussar's Goggles are the only ones that even have clear lenses.

Divine Wisdom helm also doesn't block the eyes. It's more of a chin protector anyway though.

I liked it. It is simple fetch quests but always involves some character from the existing world. Like sometimes it will be npcs you only saw in a FATE or others will be just from some old quest. That is the aspect of it that I liked. Gives a little more history and story to the world.

Isaccard

Much like Hildebrand quests I skipped through all of them. Could be worth your time if you care about that added layer of depth to the NPC's.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Question:

As the expac is coming around I'm thinking of checking it out, but I only played a bit at ARR release to 50. Is there still any GAF community left on any of the Japanese servers that could offer me a home? Or are most of GAF on the Ultros server?

TRI Mike

I'm close to hitting 50 so I'll have time before Heavensward hits. Any recommended things to do once I'm 50¿ I wanna play raids or things.

scy

The biggest hurdle will most likely be the raising your item level to even get to do the content. So look forward to Soldiery and the CT/ST/WoD farming to begin.

JP as well. EU s the only territory getting screwed with it launching the same day as Early Access.

On the plus side, servers won't be stable until after that anyway.

iammeiam

Someone on Reddit compiling a list of common-sense tips for existing long-term players to prep for HW

If they're to be believed, capping rested EXP from 0 requires halting all leveling as of 2AMPDT tonight/tomorrow morning.

I really should log in in the next couple of days and free up a ton of inventory and retainer space.

Good to know thanks,

Does this mean early access is available on the day I pre order in EU/UK?

Yep. Early Access starts at 2AM PDT on the 19th. EU PSN preorders start on the 19th, so shortly before or after EA starts.

Sorian

Banned
One of the quests has so much innuendo... and then the real twist is that its not innuendo.

MAapwmW.gif

I'll never be as cool as that NPC.

Someone on Reddit compiling a list of common-sense tips for existing long-term players to prep for HW

If they're to be believed, capping rested EXP from 0 requires halting all leveling as of 2AMPDT tonight/tomorrow morning.

I really should log in in the next couple of days and free up a ton of inventory and retainer space.

Yep. Early Access starts at 2AM PDT on the 19th. EU PSN preorders start on the 19th, so shortly before or after EA starts.

Hmm, stocking on ventures would probably be a good call, wouldn't it. Guess I'll grind some GC seals this weekend so I can stay at max but still have a good stock of ventures on me.

scy

At first, I freaked out since I'm pretty sure between retainers and my inventory, I might have room for 5 items.

But then I remembered, aren't we getting a free retainer in Heavensward? Or did I imagine that? Please tell me I didn't imagine that.

iammeiam

We're supposed to get another one since we're getting new classes and no new armory space, but who wants to log in during Early Access and immediately start shuffling stuff between retainers? My biggest concern is freeing up armory chest space since new gear sets will be a pretty frequent thing (and I won't want to dump them if I assume I'll go back and reuse when leveling another class or if they actually look good), which requires somewhere to put the gear I have now, which means spring cleaning time. Unless they let me just roll on stuff and have it go to retainer, I'd rather just have my inv and armory worked out now instead of trying to figure out what I can offload on the 19th then realize I left all my just-for-EXP-food on a retainer.

It's less a 'have to do' and more a 'might as well since ded game'.

I need to clean out my older retainer's stuff but her inventory is full and will be hell to clean out because I always think. "what if I level another class? Wasted gold!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom