• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wagram

Finally finished up the Hildibrand questline today in a straight go from 2.3 to 2.5.

Definitely one of the better story-related accomplishments they've had in their development of MMOs. Hell, even single-player.

Finally finished up the Hildibrand questline today in a straight go from 2.3 to 2.5.

Definitely one of the better story-related accomplishments they've had in their development of MMOs. Hell, even single-player.

I have to force myself though his quests. If I wanted to watch bad anime, I would go and watch bad anime.

dcye

That's the best news I heard today!
I think I have misunderstood the guide lol

The guide is probably old, back in the first 6 months after 2.0 launch you couldn't use DF for either Chimera or Hydra. Which was particularly fun as there was no party finder either, so there was always a load of yelling in Coerthas and Camp Drybone.

They still need to make the story text boxes/text size bigger on console. Why they no do dis yet?!?! I'm going to have the biggest headache from eye strain in 3.0.

Is your TV for ants?

My TV is huge, but the text in story bubbles is still really fucking small on PS4. It's comparable to The Witcher 3's pre-1.04 patch text. D:

I don't really see why they can't add an option to make the text bigger. I'm not the only one with this issue.

Aeana

My TV is huge, but the text in story bubbles is still really fucking small on PS4. It's comparable to The Witcher 3's pre-1.04 patch text. D:

I don't really see why they can't add an option to make the text bigger. I'm not the only one with this issue.

Most annoying thing is that the text is much larger in Japanese. That's probably why it hasn't been a priority issue.

Chille

I am not sure how this happened, I was sat on my rope throne as DRG waiting for my duty finder to poop when suddenly I pooped out a carbuncle

CG6BcwjW8AAxYk_.jpg

the person targeted was a monk so i knew it wasnt her

I am not sure how this happened, I was sat on my rope throne as DRG waiting for my duty finder to poop when suddenly I pooped out a carbuncle

CG6BcwjW8AAxYk_.jpg

the person targeted was a monk so i knew it wasnt her

The picture is really hard to tell what's going on, but there's a Carbuncle in Mor Dhona that spawns in a few places and stuff. There's a bunch of rare NPC stuff like that in various places in the game and especially in mor dhona(lots of people come to the terrace restaurant tables thing if you go upstairs in Rowena's house).

Chille

The picture is really hard to tell what's going on, but there's a Carbuncle in Mor Dhona that spawns in a few places and stuff. There's a bunch of rare NPC stuff like that in various places in the game and especially in mor dhona(lots of people come to the terrace restaurant tables thing if you go upstairs in Rowena's house).

Here is a better picture and I had no idea tbh ^^'

CG6BchBWgAIOuY8.jpg

Dunan

They still need to make the story text boxes/text size bigger on console. Why they no do dis yet?!?! I'm going to have the biggest headache from eye strain in 3.0.

They need to do this and add some higher magnification options to the rest of the text. Only going up to 140% is a joke, and the irregularity of that number is part of what makes the text so eye-straining. They should add 150% and 200%, so that the scaled-up pixels aren't so jagged.

Use a monitor?

Even using a monitor and sitting a foot or two from the screen isn't really enough if your eyesight is not perfect. This game (like a lot of games these days) makes no allowance for people who don't have 20/20 vision.

I stuck with PS3 graphics on the PS4 just because that was the only way to get the fonts to be big enough. And the story text can't be magnified at all.

As Aeana has mentioned, they made the Latin-alphabet-language text smaller so that it could fit the same information as the original Japanese text, which is slightly bigger. English/German/French has four lines where Japanese has three.

The least they could do would be to have light-on-dark text, which appears bigger to the eye. And/or eliminate some of the whitespace between lines and make the actual letters bigger.

Ken

I'm pretty sure there's an option to make at least the chat log text bigger.

Just wanted to pop in and ask a question. I was thinking about starting a trial for FF XIV, and I wanted to know if there's any class that's considered the "fast" combat class?

Thanks!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
You could look at Ninja as well. I don't think you can play those during the trial though.

WolvenOne

Ooooookay.

So, I pre-ordered the game on Steam, but it keeps telling me my Pre-order code is invalid. I think the problem might stem from the fact that, despite playing the Steam version for more then half a year, I had originally bought the plain Windows version. So I think it's assuming that I'm trying to upgrade that copy.

Not sure what to do about this. <_<;;

Noi

You could look at Ninja as well. I don't think you can play those during the trial though.

Not Ninja, but trial users can play as Rogue just fine. The only pre-requisite is getting to level 10 and clearing the class quest that lets you swap between classes freely.

WolvenOne

Steam and non-Steam are two separate accounts.

I'm aware, but I only have the one service account, and despite the fact that I've been playing the Steam version since late last June, my SE account doesn't seem to recognize that I own a steam copy, and has no means to let me add one.

My inclination is to try to get a refund for the Steam version, (they just started offering refunds right?) and to buy the Windows vanilla version.

Edit: Yeah, refund was easy enough, only got Steam credit tho. :p

Edit 2: Yep, I was right, plain Windows Version early access code went through just fine. :p

I'm aware, but I only have the one service account, and despite the fact that I've been playing the Steam version since late last June, my SE account doesn't seem to recognize that I own a steam copy, and has no means to let me add one.

My inclination is to try to get a refund for the Steam version, (they just started offering refunds right?) and to buy the Windows vanilla version.

Edit: Yeah, refund was easy enough, only got Steam credit tho. :p

Edit 2: Yep, I was right, plain Windows Version early access code went through just fine. :p

Sounds like you just added XIV to steam as a non steam game then rather than bought the steam version.

iammeiam

Sounds like you just added XIV to steam as a non steam game then rather than bought the steam version.

Nah; it sounds like he bought a regular Windows version, registered it, then later (probably during a Steam sale) bought the Steam version, downloaded it, and has been launching the Steam client since. But since you can only have one PC code registered to the account (Regular Windows or Steam), his account is still Regular Windows even though the launcher is Steam (I suspect there are a ton of unused Steam product keys out there at this point, as people who had it pre-Steam couldn't use them.)

The thing that trips most people up is that while the product registration platforms are distinct for Steam and non-Steam, you can access either type of account with either client.You just can't register expansions cross-type.

Where this sucks here is that I don't think he'll be able to launch Heavensward through Steam, if it ends up being a new launcher, as he doesn't have access to the Steam HW application.

Just wanted to pop in and ask a question. I was thinking about starting a trial for FF XIV, and I wanted to know if there's any class that's considered the "fast" combat class?

Thanks!

Ninja. Monks are fairly fast-paced as well but Ninja is THE "fast" class. Double daggers, increased run speed, all that stuff.

Nah; it sounds like he bought a regular Windows version, registered it, then later (probably during a Steam sale) bought the Steam version, downloaded it, and has been launching the Steam client since. But since you can only have one PC code registered to the account (Regular Windows or Steam), his account is still Regular Windows even though the launcher is Steam (I suspect there are a ton of unused Steam product keys out there at this point, as people who had it pre-Steam couldn't use them.)

The thing that trips most people up is that while the product registration platforms are distinct for Steam and non-Steam, you can access either type of account with either client.You just can't register expansions cross-type.

Where this sucks here is that I don't think he'll be able to launch Heavensward through Steam, if it ends up being a new launcher, as he doesn't have access to the Steam HW application.

Oh I see that makes sense, I thought the steam client only could work with the steam version, wasn't aware you could use to launch the normal PC version also, without adding it as a non steam program. Whole thing is super confusing tbh.

Moaradin

Hopefully I'll still be able to boot the game with steam once heavensward comes out. Once I log in with my heavensward account it should still download the heavensward content, even though I don't have heavensward on steam right?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Heavensward for Windows is not a separate game, it'll come through the regular launcher just as any update would and Steam considers it a DLC, not a separate game, so if you for some reason want to launch the launcher through Steam launcher (inceptionhorn.wav), you should still be able to regardless of everything else.

DX11 version - just in case you're wondering - is also not a separate game.

Ruruja

You use the Teleport skill in your abilities(can put it on a bar) and select a destination. Need to attune to every crystal in zones to be able to TP there first though.

Or you can also just click the aetheryte in your map. Useful if someone gives you a <pos> for a hunt you can just click the aetheryte nearest to it.

LowParry

Heavensward for Windows is not a separate game, it'll come through the regular launcher just as any update would and Steam considers it a DLC, not a separate game, so if you for some reason want to launch the launcher through Steam launcher (inceptionhorn.wav), you should still be able to regardless of everything else.

DX11 version - just in case you're wondering - is also not a separate game.

It's basically a toggle right? Either DX11 is on or off basically. It's the same client we are using that will get updated.

BadRNG

It's basically a toggle right? Either DX11 is on or off basically. It's the same client we are using that will get updated.
Technically there is a separate client for DX11, it's just the launcher itself acts as as a toggle for which client you want to use, you don't need to download the game twice or anything. SE could of probably communicated that better...

WolvenOne

Nah, you don't get the timer if you haven't bought the steam version. The timer is very important, it let's me know exactly how much to hate myself.

Rather, I think as far as Steam is concerned, I bought the game from them. As far as Square Enix is concerned, I bought the plain Windows version.

The disconnect never occurred to me, because the servers let me log onto my account regardless of what PC client I was using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom