• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
nma55Ig.jpg

Most hilarious macro I've seen in a long long time.

Stuart444

Trying to keep enmity as a GLA is hard. Harder than I remember when leveling MRD. Especially when paired with THMs/BLMs.

I lose enmity so much even when switching between enemies with my 12(now 3) combo and flashing my arse off.

Hope it gets easier once I get Sword Oath (obviously when I get Shield Oath but that isn't for another... 11 levels now)

Fmal

Banned
The guaranteed block is just a one time block, the parry one allows you to parry literally every hit over its duration. It's more like Warrior Bulwark, only better/worse at the same time. They aren't meant to be comparable skills, I don't think.

Oooh okay. The thing read made both sound like they were both one-and-done moves.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Funny story! I bought a new Hard Drive, installed windows and FFXIV on it and the problem was worse than it was on the original Hard Drive! So I guess it wasn't that.

What happens is after an hour+ playing things will stop loading. Like the first thing that will happen is that the teleport menu won't come up when I hit the teleport button. Then animations will stop loading, so it looks like people are standing still and skating around. Then if I load my inventory, 95% of the icons won't appear. Then everything in the computer itself starts loading really really slow, like the game won't even shut down and I have to restart.

I did have a problem with the GPU on this computer where it would crash in some graphics intensive situations (strangely, usually right after beating a coil turn during the "boss dying" cutscene) the screen would go black and I'd have to restart. I turned off repeated cutscenes and tweaked the graphics settings so it hardly ever happens anymore. Maybe this non-loading thing is related to the GPU? But it most often happens when I'm in my house crafting which is hardly graphics intensive. If anyone knows what might be causing it let me know.

When I installed the new Hard drive last week I also cleaned out all the dust in there and it hasn't happened since then, so there's that.

Could be a RAM or GPU problem.

What graphics card are you using btw?

I really wish they'd add a two handed melee class (that isn't a spear) that's DPS based. I'm not into DRG.

It's weird that both Greatsword and Great Axe are tanks now. I want a giant weapon to hit things with too!

I should probably just try to learn how to tank and be a Warrior. Or a Dark Knight.

I really wish they'd add a two handed melee class (that isn't a spear) that's DPS based. I'm not into DRG.

It's weird that both Greatsword and Great Axe are tanks now. I want a giant weapon to hit things with too!

I should probably just try to learn how to tank and be a Warrior. Or a Dark Knight.

Tanking is the same thing as playing DPS. You just deal less damage and enemies hit you mostly.

A proper tank looks something like this.

Redx508

It's the only game l play on there! Well the kids play Minecraft a lot. Anyways it only happens when I'm playing FFXIV.

did you do a clean install of windows?

try to put the gpu under load with something like msi Kombustor see if you get slow loading after some time

WolvenOne

The guaranteed block is just a one time block, the parry one allows you to parry literally every hit over its duration. It's more like Warrior Bulwark, only better/worse at the same time. They aren't meant to be comparable skills, I don't think.

Go level your Bard or something.

If it's indeed confirmed to be a certain parry over every physical attack over a set duration, that is going to be amazing for single target tanking. At least when it comes to physical attacks anyway.

So basically amazing for stomp or Bahamuts Claw, not so much for akh morn or pulling a ton of mobs at once. Though for something like Akh Morns, it might be worth popping just to offset some auto attacks.

Grisby

Got my gobbous mount. Riding tall.

I guess there's no chance that he could be a flying mount choice right? I mean, those flappy arms and all.

aceface

Could be a RAM or GPU problem.

What graphics card are you using btw?

I ran memtest and 1 pass didn't find any issues on the RAM. I was going to try to leave it running all night. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 7870, this specifically.

did you do a clean install of windows?

try to put the gpu under load with something like msi Kombustor see if you get slow loading after some time

When I got the new Harddrive it was a fresh install, but the problem was worse, it was happening almost immediately when I started up the game. But, it could have been cause all the graphics settings were maxed out on the new install. I'll try that.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Are they getting rid of any titles/vanity stuff with the release of 3.0 like WoW does?

They aren't making anything obtainable right now unavailable (beyond regular seasonal events that have nothing to do with expansion anyway). There's some 1.0 items and titles you can't get but that's obviously because quests that used to give them aren't there anymore.

Item Box

Trying to keep enmity as a GLA is hard. Harder than I remember when leveling MRD. Especially when paired with THMs/BLMs.

I lose enmity so much even when switching between enemies with my 12(now 3) combo and flashing my arse off.

Hope it gets easier once I get Sword Oath (obviously when I get Shield Oath but that isn't for another... 11 levels now)

its not so bad, really. pre shield lob, you just facepull -> flash-> 121212121212121212

once you get shield lob, start off with that instead of facepulling.

and now that you have halone, that add a 3 between those 2's and 1's.

flashing once at the start of an encounter is fine but i'd recommend twice and maybe even string another one between your 1's and 2's since dps that early usually target whatever they want.

it gets easier with sword oath, naturally due to the damage increase, but not as much compared to shield oath. it's still something though, and allows you to pretend you're a dps*.

*with all stat points in strength, dps gear equipped and strength potions active

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Skimmed over the new Dengeki - while I didn't have time to read everything, it doesn't seem as there is any new info in it. I think there was an interview at the end, so maybe there are some tidbits there.

That cover looks awesome though.

How do I check if this game will run and look better on my PC than a PS4? Are there any tests or diagnostics that I can run?

Are there any vids/pics of the nice armor/gear sets that's available in the game?

SkyOdin

The best solution I can give you is to mark targets and pray the DPS stick to them. If everyone is on the same target, pre-Shield Oath GLA/PLD can hold aggro just fine using Fast Blade -> Savage Blade and one or two Flashes per group. It only becomes tricky if you have to switch targets. Back when I was first leveling GLA, people were still using a lot of sleep to crowd control mobs in dungeons, which helped quite a bit.

Rage of Halone will help quite a bit though, since it generates a ton of aggro. Still, marking targets and killing them one by one is definitely the smart strategy until you get Shield Oath. At that point, you only need to use the occasional flash to keep the healer from drawing aggro.

yaffi

I ran memtest and 1 pass didn't find any issues on the RAM. I was going to try to leave it running all night. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 7870, this specifically.

When I got the new Harddrive it was a fresh install, but the problem was worse, it was happening almost immediately when I started up the game. But, it could have been cause all the graphics settings were maxed out on the new install. I'll try that.

What PSU do you have/how old is it?

Really? I thought the block thing was a one time thing. I was just happy to have another defensive CD on the class.

PS4/360 Controller ftw bro. Deal with it.

(This Scholar has all my respect for being able to play that way - I dropped playing Scholar because I thought I was not good enough, WHM being arguably easier to play).

I think the "issue" is more like the spells are all over the place. Or well, at least I wouldn't put the spells like that, probably wouldn't put pets on first tab, no Virus but Physick for some reason, the short cd pet buff isn't on there and so on. Just seems like weird setup. And it's a summoner, not a scholar.

Nohar

I think the "issue" is more like the spells are all over the place. Or well, at least I wouldn't put the spells like that, probably wouldn't put pets on first tab, no Virus but Physick for some reason, the short cd pet buff isn't on there and so on. Just seems like weird setup. And it's a summoner, not a scholar.

No, it's a scholar. Watch the video.
That being said, I do agree that the spells are all over the place, but his second set of action cross (dedicated to healing) makes sense.

Doing Sastasha (Hard) as a Scholar. Tank points out I'm clearly not taking the Kraken fight seriously since I'm doing everything I can to get grabbed and tossed.

Psh, sometimes you gotta make your own fun. Its even funnier to see because I'm a Lalafell.

No, it's a scholar. Watch the video.
That being said, I do agree that the spells are all over the place, but his second set of action cross (dedicated to healing) makes sense.

Hmm no it's a Summoner. Unless he somehow managed to get Summoner spells on his Scholar. And on the screenshot he's also at the top of the group list, as Summoner. And it says SMN under his xp bar.

Edit: Oh I see you were talking about Korra's video. But you quoted tiggerkiddo's screenshot, that's why I got confused.

Teknoman

Doing Sastasha (Hard) as a Scholar. Tank points out I'm clearly not taking the Kraken fight seriously since I'm doing everything I can to get grabbed and tossed.

Psh, sometimes you gotta make your own fun. Its even funnier to see because I'm a Lalafell.

I still have no idea how to not be grabbed.

Nohar

Hmm no it's a Summoner. Unless he somehow managed to get Summoner spells on his Scholar. And on the screenshot he's also at the top of the group list, as Summoner. And it says SMN under his xp bar.

Edit: Oh I see you were talking about Korra's video. But you quoted tiggerkiddo's screenshot, that's why I got confused.

Edition: Ooooooh! Nevermind, it seems I was the one who was mistaken all along. I thought cultureculture reacted to Korra's action bar, but it isn't the same. My apologies. I got confused, sorry.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

You can do something to not get grabbed?

You can do something to not get grabbed?

One of the tentacle type grabs, the other does some shitty knockback thing, the grabby ones grab only people close to them, though iirc there's also a guaranteed grab regardless every phase or something, but as long as you stay away from the grabby ones, you don't get grabbed. On the other hand if you run into them, you'll get grabbed constantly.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
One of the tentacle type grabs, the other does some shitty knockback thing, the grabby ones grab only people close to them, though iirc there's also a guaranteed grab regardless every phase or something, but as long as you stay away from the grabby ones, you don't get grabbed. On the other hand if you run into them, you'll get grabbed constantly.

Huh, interesting. There's always something new one can learn about mechanics in this game.

Speaking of the Kraken, to this day I still try to attack then tentacles during the mini-phase towards the end where they all thrash around like crazy for a few seconds and then dive down again, and every time I do that I think "Why didn't I just attack the head?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom