• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Hey, man, I'm not Reddit. Blame them, not me.

Also I think we're still nemeses? I can't really keep track of all the people I'm trying to destroy anymore.

Sorian

Banned
Hey, man, I'm not Reddit. Blame them, not me.

Also I think we're still nemeses? I can't really keep track of all the people I'm trying to destroy anymore.

I still hate lalas but I think we cease fired during that miserable week where I had to run WoD forever for the OK card.

suzu

So is Ultros the way to go if I want to play with Gaffers? Also, can anyone who has been turned off in someway or another by pretty much every MMO post-WoW weigh in on why this game is worth checking out? Getting that MMO itch o__0

Yes. Download the 14 day trial and see for yourself.

Sorian

Banned
Didn't I already tell you that you needed to be awake during weekly reset for best shot at winning these days? I blame Gryvan for forgetting.

Nah, more to it than that to win. You'll get solid top 10 with that though.

I also blame Gryvan though.

Teknoman

Our "big event" was patch 2.55 and it's story. This game isn't exactly set up for huge world events like WoW or other mmos have/had. Server lag zerg fates aren't a good way to do a large scale events either and they know it.

Well I dont need a huge world event or anything, just something on the scale of 1.0's end. At least have some dragons flying around high in the sky near Coerthas, or random dragon type enemies that arent aevis introduced to Coerthas.

Jayhawk

Nah, more to it than that to win. You'll get solid top 10 with that though.

I also blame Gryvan though.

Duh, you can't just play at weekly reset and win against random scrubs. I wouldn't consider playing the first tournament by only challenging people who offered 100+ base tournament points and probably were unfamiliar with the rules of the tournament as playing legitimately. Gaming the system is gaming the system.

Sorian

Banned
Duh, you can't just play at weekly reset and win against random scrubs. I wouldn't consider playing the first tournament by only challenging people who offered 100+ base tournament points and probably were unfamiliar with the rules of the tournament as playing legitimately. Gaming the system is gaming the system.

I didn't realize this was a thing until like my 9th or 10th win (out of 15 matches then) so I wouldn't really saying I was gaming the system. I was under the impression people were getting to be worth less because I was on a winning streak, it didn't occur to me that it was based on them only and was not related back to my W/L record as well.

Don't be jelly because I beat you :p

Jayhawk

Don't be jelly because I beat you :p

lol
I was getting ready for work and trying out different decks for the rule set in practice matches, not knowing there was a cap in tournament matches so they weren't just practice matches. I'm surprised I didn't lose more often that first Tuesday morning. A one-card loss from the last move is not shameful. Too bad the tournaments have been a disgrace, so meta of decks have not been evolved as much as they could have.

Tiops

So, are we getting EXP bonus for sub-50 content? My wife had the crazy idea of creating a Youtube channel for fun (mostly to show it to friends) with the progress of new characters to Heavensward, and I'm afraid it's going to be long...

And the new classes are only in Ishgard, right?

Valor

So, are we getting EXP bonus for sub-50 content? My wife had the crazy idea of creating a Youtube channel for fun (mostly to show it to friends) with the progress of new characters to Heavensward, and I'm afraid it's going to be long...

I remember hearing them say they would be scaling the exp for the story quests and stuff, so I assume so?

BadRNG

2.0 quests are supposed to provide double EXP. It's possible they will double other sources like fates/leves too at same time, haven't said.

And yeah, the new jobs are unlocked somewhere in Ishgard.

iammeiam

That translation from the other day updated with vague dungeon stuff. More on yes, that Rafflesia is basically Rafflesia with tweaked timing and somehow more defanged than already nerfed Rafflesia, but also they heard we like Demon Walls:
The first boss is "Demon Wall Book," similar to the familiar Demon Wall. This might bring back nightmares from Amdapor Keep, but this time his attacks are a bit different. Since not all of the mechanics were included and the balance for the fight was still being adjusted, it will be fun to get the true experience when the expansion is released.

Overall difficulty again confirmed to be lower than pre-nerf PS.

Sorian

Banned
The door is that way.

q19B9.gif

WolvenOne

Why do they always say I have nightmares of AK? I played AK pre all nerfs. Demon wall was baby mode.

A lot of people didn't know how to play back then. What's more, the ring-out mechanic was a bit unusual at the time. It was more similar to the Titan Extreme Stomp-Attack style ring-outs, rather than the Land Slides we had been experienced in story mode.

Easy enough to handle, but throw in the, "I don't really know how to play yet," factor, and it's easy to see why some people might have had trouble.

PS: Also the DPS checks were kinda harsh when everyone was ilvl50 only. I think the intention was for people to do Wanderers Palace first for i55 gear, but there initially wasn't any Tomes to farm out of WP. So people skipped it and farmed AK instead.

WolvenOne

BTW: Amazon is selling FFXIV ARR for 10usd right now. Granted that doesn't include the expansion, but with a price like that it'll be cheaper to buy the base game and expansion separately then it would be to buy the bundle.

So if somebody is looking to expand the available platforms they can play on, now is a good time.

I close my eyes, tell me where is skull sunder

The add roams free, and the healers have gone under

An hour in, all of my patience squandered

How can we carry on if divebombs are beyond us?

To all of my children in whom gil flows abundant

To all of my children to whom farm parties passed their judgement

The soul yearns for Dreadwyrm, just to stifle the laughter

Look to those who walked before to sell to those who walk after

Shining is the crafted 110 gear

Never on Teamspeak, so they can't hear

Bow's free, bow's free, bow's free, believe...

The bow will drop, so believe...

Pulling (Where?) South I (Think) Black Mage (Hate) He's Dead (Plop)

Follow (Bard) Mega (Flare) Double (Boom) HP (Low)

Stack up (Please) Cure 3 (Late) Flatten (Now!) Cooldowns (None)

Tank needs (Help) Scholar (Deeps) Miasma (Miss) Aero (Miss)

Hallowed (Ground) Flare Breath (Whew) This sucks (Yeah) Shakers (Run)

Shakers (RUN) Shakers (RUN!!!) Shakers Placed wrong

Now open your eyes while the phase is repeated

No giga in sight, soon enough we'll be defeated

Our gear has been worn, and our time has been wasted

Damage output is so low, deeps are getting lambasted

More lousy pulls, this party has no chance

No one's to blame, it's just bad circumstance

Mired by bad healers, poor Eos, she mourns

Then the tank starts a pull with voke and circle of scorn

Tell us why the bard died? He used quelling strikes? Never mind, he lied!

Giga (Flare) Add's up (Voke) Defiance (Off) Eos (Poof)

Kill it (Quick) Puddles (Fail) Spread out (Orbs) Watch out (Ouch)

Three stacks (Doomed) Mega (Stack!) Tower (Where?) Missed it (Argh)

Wall it (Wipe!) Wall it (Wipe!) Wall it together

Thy group is in shambles, and it's time to move on

No drops, no poetics, just a long death marathon

In one fleeting moment, from your face doth tears flow

Yet in one fleeting moment, a party finder doth grow

In the same fleeting moment

Thou must sigh

Join

And know

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/39bzdg/answers_lyrics_for_the_echo_generation_of_farm/

Kenai

^ i hummed the entire song in my head using those lyrics and it was quite fitting.

Well I dont need a huge world event or anything, just something on the scale of 1.0's end. At least have some dragons flying around high in the sky near Coerthas, or random dragon type enemies that arent aevis introduced to Coerthas.

Is it possible to do something similar to 1.0 and play a big CS for everyone still logged in at maintenance before d/cing them without us currently knowing? Cause that would be cool but I am not exactly getting my hopes up either.

This week's Dengeki Playstation cover is amazing

I feel like Tataru needs some sort of blood-soaked weapon in hand to match the eyes.

aceface

Did you fix your HDD yet? New hairstyles only matter if you can get the expansion to work!

Funny story! I bought a new Hard Drive, installed windows and FFXIV on it and the problem was worse than it was on the original Hard Drive! So I guess it wasn't that.

What happens is after an hour+ playing things will stop loading. Like the first thing that will happen is that the teleport menu won't come up when I hit the teleport button. Then animations will stop loading, so it looks like people are standing still and skating around. Then if I load my inventory, 95% of the icons won't appear. Then everything in the computer itself starts loading really really slow, like the game won't even shut down and I have to restart.

I did have a problem with the GPU on this computer where it would crash in some graphics intensive situations (strangely, usually right after beating a coil turn during the "boss dying" cutscene) the screen would go black and I'd have to restart. I turned off repeated cutscenes and tweaked the graphics settings so it hardly ever happens anymore. Maybe this non-loading thing is related to the GPU? But it most often happens when I'm in my house crafting which is hardly graphics intensive. If anyone knows what might be causing it let me know.

When I installed the new Hard drive last week I also cleaned out all the dust in there and it hasn't happened since then, so there's that.

WolvenOne

Got all my crafting classes to 50 just in time for specialization! Culinarion seems like free gil though so it's not all bad.

Still need to get Alchemist and, I think Weaver to 50. Should have Alchemist most the way there by the expansion, weaver will lag behind a bit though. Not certain which one I'll take to sixty first to be honest, originally I just wanted them all at 50 so I could repair my own gear.

To that end, I guess I'll have to get them all to sixty eventually. :/

BadRNG

Still need to get Alchemist and, I think Weaver to 50. Should have Alchemist most the way there by the expansion, weaver will lag behind a bit though. Not certain which one I'll take to sixty first to be honest, originally I just wanted them all at 50 so I could repair my own gear.

You uh, know that you can repair items 10 levels above your crafter level, right? You only need level 40 to repair all the 50 items, will likely only need 50 to repair all the 60 ones...

I love my ninja but even with a vpn, the mudra lag is just unfun. If I want the high dps without the headaches, I just go as monk or dragoon.
Yeah, I need wtfast running for NIN to be playable. Usually it works well but some nights it doesn't work and it's incredibly frustrating. The large DPS loss isn't even as frustrating as the actual "feel" of the classes when mudras are lagging, it feels janky and like you're fighting with the class to work properly.

They should remove the 0.5s cooldown on mudras.
I'm pretty sure the cooldown is just the basic oGCD cooldown, I don't think they have a way to completely remove it. That's why you're not generally supposed to stack oGCDs on other classes either.

My suggestion would be to increase the cooldown to like 1s and boost potencies/buff times to compensate. With a 1s CD there would still be lag, but not on same level as it is now, you'd get double the time basically to complete it properly.

edit - Alternative solution would be to just allow normal GCDs in between mudras. Then you could just use them inbetween attacks without losing GCDs.

Aselith

Assuming they add new Leves it should be pretty easy. Crafters really are simplicity to level.

Also getting both of those classes give you super OP skills Comfort Zone is legit as hell and Careful Synthesis II becomes your main synthesis button after you get it.

Stuart444

You uh, know that you can repair items 10 levels above your crafter level, right? You only need level 40 to repair all the 50 items, will likely only need 50 to repair all the 60 ones...

I had no idea about this <.< I just wanted my crafters leveled up (ARM should be done soon. 20 more levels roughly then I'll be a builder of the realm).

So yeah, this is good to know actually.

I'm pretty sure the cooldown is just the basic oGCD cooldown, I don't think they have a way to completely remove it. That's why you're not generally supposed to stack oGCDs on other classes either.

My suggestion would be to increase the cooldown to like 1s and boost potencies/buff times to compensate. With a 1s CD there would still be lag, but not on same level as it is now, you'd get double the time basically to complete it properly.

edit - Alternative solution would be to just allow normal GCDs in between mudras. Then you could just use them inbetween attacks without losing GCDs.

Either allow us to weave them inbetween other abilities or make it so the mudras don't trigger the offGCD.

It's ridiculous that the class gets limited in this way where as other classes don't have to deal with it at all. I am assuming this issue is non-existent in Japan due to server/player proximity.

Which means the likelihood of it getting fixed or even being put on a priority list is probably low.

BadRNG

Either allow us to weave them inbetween other abilities or make it so the mudras don't trigger the offGCD.

It's ridiculous that the class gets limited in this way where as other classes don't have to deal with it at all. I am assuming this issue is non-existent in Japan due to server/player proximity.

Which means the likelihood of it getting fixed or even being put on a priority list is probably low.
Thing is I don't know if they actually can make it have no cooldown, that's what I mean. There's no good reason to have the .5s cooldown on oGCD skills, it's likely just lag from the server, a small window that the game needs to recognize the skill was used. This game has always been terrible in that department.

But yeah it's some BS, and if you watch JPN streams of NIN it is not generally a issue. Their mudra times are ridiculous. Last time I saw them mention it they just said it was not their issue and was on the player's side (which is technically true I guess), but it's a terrible stance to take since there is not a ton we can do on our side. They can.

Thing is I don't know if they actually can make it have no cooldown, that's what I mean. There's no good reason to have the .5s cooldown on oGCD skills, it's likely just lag from the server, a small window that the game needs to recognize the skill was used. This game has always been terrible in that department.

But yeah it's some BS, and if you watch JPN streams of NIN it is not generally a issue. Their mudra times are ridiculous. Last time I saw them mention it they just said it was not their issue and was on the player's side (which is technically true I guess), but it's a terrible stance to take since there is not a ton we can do on our side. They can.

When the solution to a "problem on the player's side" is to move to another country then that's just bad design imo.

That kind of "fuck you, got mine" attitude annoys me.

Fmal

Banned
Do we know any exact details about the new Warrior DPS stance? Is there ever going to be a point where you don't want to be in either stance?

Sorian

Banned
Do we know any exact details about the new Warrior DPS stance? Is there ever going to be a point where you don't want to be in either stance?

No, there isn't a downside to being in a stance so it'll be like shield/sword oath. You will always want one up.

Fmal

Banned
Looking at the list of class spells, is there a reason I'm missing why the new Warrior defensive CD (the guaranteed parry thing) comes with a downside, but the Paladin guaranteed block doesn't?

Sorian

Banned
Looking at the list of class spells, is there a reason I'm missing why the new Warrior defensive CD (the guaranteed parry thing) comes with a downside, but the Paladin guaranteed block doesn't?

Paladins are better than warriors, always have been, always will be.

Redx508

Funny story! I bought a new Hard Drive, installed windows and FFXIV on it and the problem was worse than it was on the original Hard Drive! So I guess it wasn't that.

What happens is after an hour+ playing things will stop loading. Like the first thing that will happen is that the teleport menu won't come up when I hit the teleport button. Then animations will stop loading, so it looks like people are standing still and skating around. Then if I load my inventory, 95% of the icons won't appear. Then everything in the computer itself starts loading really really slow, like the game won't even shut down and I have to restart.

I did have a problem with the GPU on this computer where it would crash in some graphics intensive situations (strangely, usually right after beating a coil turn during the "boss dying" cutscene) the screen would go black and I'd have to restart. I turned off repeated cutscenes and tweaked the graphics settings so it hardly ever happens anymore. Maybe this non-loading thing is related to the GPU? But it most often happens when I'm in my house crafting which is hardly graphics intensive. If anyone knows what might be causing it let me know.

When I installed the new Hard drive last week I also cleaned out all the dust in there and it hasn't happened since then, so there's that.

is XIV the only game doing this?

Valor

The guaranteed block is just a one time block, the parry one allows you to parry literally every hit over its duration. It's more like Warrior Bulwark, only better/worse at the same time. They aren't meant to be comparable skills, I don't think.

Paladins are better than warriors, always have been, always will be.
Go level your Bard or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom