• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valor

Oooh okay. The thing read made both sound like they were both one-and-done moves.

If it's indeed confirmed to be a certain parry over every physical attack over a set duration, that is going to be amazing for single target tanking. At least when it comes to physical attacks anyway.

So basically amazing for stomp or Bahamuts Claw, not so much for akh morn or pulling a ton of mobs at once. Though for something like Akh Morns, it might be worth popping just to offset some auto attacks.

Really? I thought the block thing was a one time thing. I was just happy to have another defensive CD on the class.

I don't think there's any confirmation as to if the Warrior buff will Parry over the entire course of the duration. However, it would be incredibly useless as a one time buff. I'm making an assumption it's a duration thing because of the downside where they say "every" attack from flank/back is an auto crit. Wouldn't be that much of a downside if it were a one and done type. They also mentioned it was a risk/reward type cooldown, so I can see it being one that's up for like 10-12 seconds or so.

I definitely didn't get a one and done type vibe from the way they described it.

Obviously I would say the best use of this skill is the same as popping Bulwark (except less offensively minded than Bullwark) - you would want to use it when you're going to be taking a lot of little damage like on trash pulls or a multi-stage attack like Bahamut's Claw in Turn 9. In my opinion it'll be pretty situational, but still useful even if you're gonna be parrying basic auto attacks and the like.

grimmiq

So I just pre-ordered Heavensward from the Square Enix store for PC, On my profile I can see my Early Access key, but can't enter it until I receive an e-mail..was I supposed to be given a code for the actual expansion yet? No confirmation e-mail sent after purchasing but it appears in my list of games on the SE store.

iammeiam

they say whether my shitty melded gatherer af gear is good for heavensward or do I gotta go to the bank of bara

They unsurprisingly haven't said jack about gear as it pertains to gathering, but buying and melding Forager's now doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I can't believe fully melded Forager's and melded out accessories are going to be an expected step in post-HW leveling so I'd think you'd be fine. I'm hoping the level 60 AF just melds out to be slightly better, and that gathering avoids the massive iLevel jumps we're seeing in combat classes but who knows.

After thinking about it, I might now be having massive concern about having to go from multiclass artisan/forager gear to single-class AF. It's possible I didn't free up enough space for all of this.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So I just pre-ordered Heavensward from the Square Enix store for PC, On my profile I can see my Early Access key, but can't enter it until I receive an e-mail..was I supposed to be given a code for the actual expansion yet? No confirmation e-mail sent after purchasing but it appears in my list of games on the SE store.
I don't believe so, don't even think Mogstation has been updated yet to take full keys. Guessing the keys will probably be available when the expansion officially launches on the 23rd. You'll have until the 27th to enter it, that's when early access ends.

They unsurprisingly haven't said jack about gear as it pertains to gathering, but buying and melding Forager's now doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I can't believe fully melded Forager's and melded out accessories are going to be an expected step in post-HW leveling so I'd think you'd be fine. I'm hoping the level 60 AF just melds out to be slightly better, and that gathering avoids the massive iLevel jumps we're seeing in combat classes but who knows.

After thinking about it, I might now be having massive concern about having to go from multiclass artisan/forager gear to single-class AF. It's possible I didn't free up enough space for all of this.

the only reason I ask is b/c at least with crafters they added the poor man's i70 set which I'll get to clear out space. but they havent done the same for gatherers. So I'm not sure if I should get forager's gear to be ready for hw or not

iammeiam

I mostly don't think it'll end up being worth the money if the end goal is gearing up at 60--melded out AF2 should be better (assuming, here), and there'll be vendor gear sufficient for leveling along the way. You only need i90-ish for the DoW/DoM stuff, which I think the gatherer equivalent would be melded AF, some melds on accessories, and maybe the first green mainhands? And switching back to AF2 means any saved space would be temporary.

Nobody knows for sure but unless you're lolrich you're probably better off sitting on your gil until HW. I'd expect he gear and melds to get cheaper in HW, too.

Redx508

qUII2wO.jpg

TghktaI.gif

ACE 1991

Having the trial version downloading on my PC while I'm at work. How is performance? I have an i5 2500K (@4.0ghz) 8gb of ram and an r9 290. Will I be able to max this out and stay at 60fps most of the time? I imagine this is a CPU bound title since it's an MMO.

Anyone get an email from Square saying their early access code is now active? I entered mine in a long time ago. Wondering if this is just one of those weird late emails.

Sorian

Banned
Anyone get an email from Square saying their early access code is now active? I entered mine in a long time ago. Wondering if this is just one of those weird late emails.

I got it too, the e-mail opens with "Just a reminder....." so I would take it to mean just that. It's not new info and if you put in your code already on mog station then you can disregard.

Stuart444

The best solution I can give you is to mark targets and pray the DPS stick to them. If everyone is on the same target, pre-Shield Oath GLA/PLD can hold aggro just fine using Fast Blade -> Savage Blade and one or two Flashes per group. It only becomes tricky if you have to switch targets. Back when I was first leveling GLA, people were still using a lot of sleep to crowd control mobs in dungeons, which helped quite a bit.

Rage of Halone will help quite a bit though, since it generates a ton of aggro. Still, marking targets and killing them one by one is definitely the smart strategy until you get Shield Oath. At that point, you only need to use the occasional flash to keep the healer from drawing aggro.

Thanks for the advice, I've gotten used to not marking targets (don't even do that when I am in low level dungeons on my WAR now) but I may have to go back to using them for lower level stuff now. I also wish more people would use Sleep/Repose (happened in one dungeon run, toto I think and it helped a ton) but I don't ask for it since some would probably shout "bad tank" or something just because I need some help/co-operation at lower levels >_>.

On the bright side, in a few hours when I do my LLDR, I'll finally become a PLD :D. If I even get it to the low 40s before the expansion, I'll be happy honestly.

Hasney

I did and I can pre-load now on the EU PSN and I couldn't when I redeemed my code on Tuesday, so maybe it's that?

Since pre-ordering the physical collector's edition, circumstances have changed and permitted me to begin to move out into a flat that I can barely afford so spending £130 on a dragon statue I barely give a shit about in a massive fucking box has turned out to be a great bit of decision-making. Well done past self, well done.

Nohar

I wonder how much money players have in general. Every time I ask some FC-mates it seems that either people are dead poor with less than 10k gils, or filthy rich with over 100 millions, almost always no middle ground. I had my ups and downs with crafting, but I think I can say I'm rather well-off for now (and I have 9999 shards and 5000 cristals for each elements).

Sorian

Banned
I think I was sitting at only about 4 million-ish. Considering all my money was ether made from conning people or spirit-bonding. Not too bad.

chris-013

I wonder how much money players have in general. Every time I ask some FC-mates it seems that either people are dead poor with less than 10k gils, or filthy rich with over 100 millions, almost always no middle ground. I had my ups and downs with crafting, but I think I can say I'm rather well-off for now (and I have 9999 shards and 5000 cristals for each elements).

Thank you ! I almost forget to buy shards before the expansion while there are cheap. I'm sure the price will raise up with the new crafts + leveling.

creid

I think this is them fixing the fact that one of the preorder pages said "you can't put your code in yet..." long after you could put your preorder code in.

Nohar

Thank you ! I almost forget to buy shards before the expansion while there are cheap. I'm sure the price will raise up with the new crafts + leveling.

Hehe, you're welcome ;-) I may buy more and stock them on my servant for the same reason as you, but I'm not sure I'm willing to spend a few more millions for that (I'm currently sitting at 20 millions gils). Oh well, we will see.

Loto

any recommendations on what to do with poetics? I'm still sporting ilvl 100 gear but figured with the expansion coming the gear I buy with poetics will be outdated.

WolvenOne

BTW, did we ever hear whether we'd be getting more slots for cross class skills at lvl60?

It'd be nice if I could throw on something like Mantra, Flash, or Featherfoot, without giving up 2-3 of the skills I have on already.

BTW, did we ever hear whether we'd be getting more slots for cross class skills at lvl60?

It'd be nice if I could throw on something like Mantra, Flash, or Featherfoot, without giving up 2-3 of the skills I have on already.

I assume it'll follow the current system of +1 every 10level, so 1 more slot. Not sure they confirmed or denied it though. Helps a few classes, most are already picking up crappy fillers though so 1more slot wouldn't do a whole lot, unless they add 50+ cross class skills, which I guess would be kinda nice(but also kinda really annoying if they're very good and you need to lvl X class to 55 to perform adequately on your main, since that's quite a jump from the current 34 max).

WolvenOne

I assume it'll follow the current system of +1 every 10level, so 1 more slot. Not sure they confirmed or denied it though. Helps a few classes, most are already picking up crappy fillers though so 1more slot wouldn't do a whole lot, unless they add 50+ cross class skills, which I guess would be kinda nice(but also kinda really annoying if they're very good and you need to lvl X class to 55 to perform adequately on your main, since that's quite a jump from the current 34 max).

One more slot is likely then?

Well, great. Now I've got to decide which of those three CD's I mentioned is the most valuable. XD

koji kabuto

I'm kinda stuck right now
Was doing the main quest and lm at the point where I have to do snowcloak
The problem is the requirement is average item lvl 80 while I'm @ lvl 65...
I only got 60k gil
What should i do now ;_;

WolvenOne

Not rude, not intentionally in any case. Let me explain. The following has been blacked out, as it has nothing to do with the game, and touches on a subject I do not like talking about openly.

I'm in the autistic spectrum. Saying I have trouble reading your mannerisms and more subtle social cues is akin to implying that water is wet. So it was not intended to be offensive. I was merely uncertain if you were being sarcastic, and was attempting to convey my difficulty without going into detail.

PS: That forum is huge and rather unwieldy, at least when it comes finding very specific information.

BadRNG

I'm kinda stuck right now
Was doing the main quest and lm at the point where I have to do snowcloak
The problem is the requirement is average item lvl 80 while I'm @ lvl 65...
I only got 60k gil
What should i do now ;_;
Do some dungeons/hunts/CT runs to get some gear. Use any tomes you have gotten thus far to upgrade as well, soldiery is easiest to get.

Your gil doesn't really matter unless you haven't done the basic relic quest line yet, buying gear for ilevel is generally a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom