• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Pretty sure that if there was some huge event, it would have been data mounted up already.

It's a shame, I kinda wanted to see something like Twintania spawning in the overworld.

Well that sucks. Unless during Early Access the fates will pop or something? I'd like a surprise emergency maintenance or something to add it lol.

Well that sucks. Unless during Early Access the fates will pop or something? I'd like a surprise emergency maintenance or something to add it lol.

Our "big event" was patch 2.55 and it's story. This game isn't exactly set up for huge world events like WoW or other mmos have/had. Server lag zerg fates aren't a good way to do a large scale events either and they know it.

Based on where 2.55 left off, I'm not really sure what kind of big event they could do anyway since storywise,
we're just drinking hot cocoa and talking about boys with Haurchefant while waiting for the official approval to enter Ishgard to come

demonkaze

Resubbing at the weekend as I want to finish the storyline before early access. I haven't done any of "before the fall" part 2 so I was wondering how long it would take me to knock out the rest of the storyline.

Allow Safat to roam free in a aggressive state. Give him a 1 minute respawn timer. Laugh as Coerthas Central Highlands become a greater wasteland than it already is.

Munba

http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001037.html
JP20150610_5.jpg

So love this img. The personal airship design is very cool too.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Just resubbed...

How do I tell what the next main story quest is? Last I played I hit 50 with 2.0 and completed all the main story I could. Then I farmed Ifrit about 40 times and the bow never dropped once and I quit.

How do I rejoin the GAF guild on Ultros?

Resubbing at the weekend as I want to finish the storyline before early access. I haven't done any of "before the fall" part 2 so I was wondering how long it would take me to knock out the rest of the storyline.
I hit 50 about 2 weeks ago and finished the entire story line a few nights ago playing about 2 hours most nights. I had 0 help with any of the quests or dungeons.

Apoptomon

Just resubbed...

How do I tell what the next main story quest is? Last I played I hit 50 with 2.0 and completed all the main story I could. Then I farmed Ifrit about 40 times and the bow never dropped once and I quit.

How do I rejoin the GAF guild on Ultros?

Re: Main Quest, check your Journal or go find Minfilia in the Scion's headquarters (i.e. Waking Sands) and see if she has the "fiery O" symbol over her head.

To rejoin the FC:
1. Target any member of «GAF» in-game, then select View Company Profile from the subcommand menu.
♦ Note: You may find GAF members around the capital cities, the Gold Saucer, or GAF's house in Limsa Lominsa's housing area (Mist - Ward 1, Plot 15).
2. Select Submit Application at the bottom of the Company Profile window.
3. Enter a message to be sent with your application, then press Confirm to submit.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Re: Main Quest, check your Journal or go find Minfilia in the Scion's headquarters (i.e. Waking Sands) and see if she has the "fiery O" symbol over her head.

To rejoin the FC:
1. Target any member of «GAF» in-game, then select View Company Profile from the subcommand menu.
♦ Note: You may find GAF members around the capital cities, the Gold Saucer, or GAF's house in Limsa Lominsa's housing area (Mist - Ward 1, Plot 15).
2. Select Submit Application at the bottom of the Company Profile window.
3. Enter a message to be sent with your application, then press Confirm to submit.

Thanks. Looks like that was exactly where I needed to go.

Can't wait for early access, I intend on unlocking Machinist and I still saved up 1-50 gear from BRD so gear isn't an issue. I'll do some story until the first dungeon or so, then go and shoot things.

Haven't had much free time lately though, makes me a little worried. Storyline is done, but I still need to finish Hildebrand, fight 4 more extreme primals, and unlock WoD. I'll probably not touch coil though... maybe when I'm overgeared and just want glamour.

Munba

Amazing work as always..

Can we have Akihiko Yoshida as art director for all the future SquareEnix games please?
Thx.

Sorian

Banned
Speaking of Triple Triad, was it still assumed or maybe confirmed that we'd get 20 new cards with the expac? I was really really hoping to have 80 by the time HW dropped but I got burned on gold packs and now I've just decided to hoard my mgp until HW drops so I have a bankroll to buy any new stuff (cards) if available.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Speaking of Triple Triad, was it still assumed or maybe confirmed that we'd get 20 new cards with the expac? I was really really hoping to have 80 by the time HW dropped but I got burned on gold packs and now I've just decided to hoard my mgp until HW drops so I have a bankroll to buy any new stuff (cards) if available.
Confirmed.

Yoshida: It depends on how much dev time we allocate. In terms of Triple Triad, there will be 20 additional cards added in 3.0. Perhaps somebody in Ishgard is playing Triple Triad. Everyone’s been so focused on Triple Triad and Chocobo Racing that nobody’s doing the Hunt anymore!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/07/final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward-out-june-23rd-new-details/

scy

The best mudra lag is when you actually see the animation complete for using a ninjutsu but it doesn't actually fire, so when you use a GCD you get bunny ears.

Best QoL change would be the ability to keep the bunny up 100% of the time.

Moaradin

Mudra lag is the reason I stopped playing my ninja even though I love the class and concept of mudras. Wish SE actually considered players not living in Japan when they designed it!

ACE 1991

So is Ultros the way to go if I want to play with Gaffers? Also, can anyone who has been turned off in someway or another by pretty much every MMO post-WoW weigh in on why this game is worth checking out? Getting that MMO itch o__0

Sorian

Banned
Reddit explains how to cheat at TT tournaments, I continue to be too lazy to put in more effort than entering and collecting the 1k MGP "You Tried!" Prize.

Why you gotta share my secrets? I have no shame though. I played the first two tournaments legitimately and then they made those changes that should have been anti-cheater but actually made it so anyone wanting to get all of their matches in against a real person would never ever have a chance.

Edit: Oh, I read that more in-depth. I cheat but I don't do that no life method of using an army of alts. lol @ that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom