• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valor

Unrelated and Tomo don't click this but:

You guys use way too many emotes in the middle of T13. I didn't even see any of those until watching this video, lol. TOO MUCH BUTTCLENCH. Tank life is stressful as hell, man.

Fun re-living my near death during the last megaflare when I got clipped + tether and felt I saved my own life with Second Wind. Also when I did the last earthshaker and ran out of safe real estate so I decided to stand on Optimus' flank again. Glad I didn't clip Punch with that one, for sure.

ebil

I must have been the unluckiest guy on Chaos this week then because I've had to drop more hopeless Expert Roulette runs (sub-150 DPS Glanzfaust monks, tanks having less HP than me as SCH hopeless) than I have cared running.

I've even been matched with a guy rocking an Unfinished Artemis Bow while the tank was struggling to keep hate with his NQ Goblin Scimitar. After a while I just said screw it and went to play other games instead.

Orcastar

Been in playing on the same data center and server since early access, there's nothing anecdotal about my statement. There is two years worth of hard evidence, I've seen some shit.
If you've been playing on the same data centre and server since early access, how would you know how "rubbish" Chaos is compared to the other data centres? And you certainly don't have "two years worth of hard evidence"; what you have is two years of personal experiences filtered by your own perception. I certainly wouldn't make such sweeping generalisations based on that kind of "evidence".

Not really anecdotal. European players are generally awful.

Awful how exactly?

Sure, I've had some bad runs too, but it's naive to think that the grass is any greener on the other side.

dcye

If you've been playing on the same data centre and server since early access, how would you know how "rubbish" Chaos is compared to the other data centres?

I've had alts in other data centers? I'm from AU so I've spent my fair share of time playing on Tonberry though I've given up now as I work during AU peak time and the server is always dead when I'm on. JP are light years ahead of the standard fare Chaos puts out. My US experience is much lighter so I cannot comment, I wouldn't expect much better than what I get usually in roulettes but who knows.

You can dismiss it however much you like but the standard player on this data center is atrocious. SMN's with ifrit out not using dots and casting ruin 2 only while in i120+ gear etc. That doesn't mean there isn't good players (I know some absolutely amazing ones that I couldn't match if I played non-stop for months) on here, just that the average player is just bad and probably doesn't even know it.

Ianan

Really want to return to XIV for Heavensward. The ONLY thing that turns me off the game and made me quit was the end game grind for weapons, is it still the same? Like, grind bosses all day for the chance to get a new weapon so you can do the next tier dungeon?

I play on Chaos and this is 100% right. So many garbage players, I had to quit WoD 5 times before I could find a party that could kill the Angry Many00 within 3 attempts this week. Pretty rubbish all around.

well i'm on chaos too and feel the servers are kinda dead atm. nothing left to do and march has too many good games.

not that you're wrong. i blame the general direction of this game anyway.

Valor

Really want to return to XIV for Heavensward. The ONLY thing that turns me off the game and made me quit was the end game grind for weapons, is it still the same? Like, grind bosses all day for the chance to get a new weapon so you can do the next tier dungeon?

I don't remember this being a thing, but no, not really. You can get a tome from ST and get a new weapon with endgame currency. Getting weapons isn't too rough, really.

dark_chris

Since our group took out T13 and we still have free time to run, we're going to attempt Savage coil. Seems like a lot of fun there. @.@

Kenai

Are they ever going to make the bunny ears not gender specific? This is bullshit!

The game creators like dressing up female characters more than males. This has the unfortunate side of effect of males having notably less clothing options (and yes it's f*cking annoying)

Sandfox

So what goals do you guys have before Heavensward? Mine are:
-Finish gearing my Dragoon
-Finish Leveling my Botanist and Culinarian
-Catch up to the latest patch

I might try to play around with another job at some point but thatr's not too big of a concern for me.

WolvenOne

My goals are.

Optimize my Relic a bit more.
Make a second Relic, maybe.
Get all crafter and gathering classes to fifty.
Get a couple more battle classes to 50.
Stockpile Gil for an eventual Medium House.
Farm all the BiS pieces out of Second Coil.
Ponies.
Puns, so many puns. Mumble should be an outright pundemic!
Mwahahaha!

Shy Fingers

Banned
Current goals before heavensward:

Beat t13 with my group
finish getting botanist to 50
stockpile gil, never know what it might come in handy for

So what goals do you guys have before Heavensward?

It depends if they open up Poetics or not. I would want to gear all jobs to 130 ish, not that it will matter at all in Heavensward.

Finish Relic Axe, I'm taking this one slowly after the last 4 weapons.

Force myself to finish Weaver desynth.

Possibly finish up the PVP sets, in hopes that someday there will be house mannequins.

Apoptomon

I want to: bump up my ilevels for SMN and BRD, catch up on main story, advance SMN and BRD relics (if I can be bothered), and work on the Ixal stuff to level crafting. Because lately all I've been logging in for is cactpot and duty roulette.

Teknoman

So what goals do you guys have before Heavensward? Mine are:
-Finish gearing my Dragoon
-Finish Leveling my Botanist and Culinarian
-Catch up to the latest patch

I might try to play around with another job at some point but thatr's not too big of a concern for me.

Attempt to finish relic sword and shield
Attempt to beat Second and Final coil
Beat Shiva EX
Get Monk to 50 and decently geared (next relic I do will be Dark Knight)

BadRNG

My goal:

Find a reason to log in post-coil lockout.

Or perhaps more realistically:

Clean out some of backlog for other games.

If I wasn't already paid up through beginning of June I'd probably let my sub lapse. Oh well.

Stuart444

My goals:

Beat all EX primals that I haven't beaten

Clear out my journal of all quests I have.

Finish my relic

Beat Second/Final Coil

get CNJ/WHM to level 50

get all crafters/gatherers to 50.

Not logging in until the next patch hits. Then I might get WAR or SCH/SMN leveled to 50.

They are both around the low 40s at the moment.

The good thing about leveling SCH is that it gives me a class to fill the DPS role (SMN) if needed.

Zomba13

Heavensward goals:
Zodiac complete (hopefully to Zeta but that might not happen)
i120 at least on pld
beat EX Shiva, Ramuh, Mog and the current Odin
Attempt Second Coil stuff

iammeiam

I have no goals!

I guess get Arcanist to 50 and then move on to the next class (BLM?) in my ongoing quest to find a non-Bard job I'm actually comfortable using.

Drac

I've been playing on Lich for six months or something and I haven't had any problems, though admittedly I was FC-less until recently. Just got into an FC a few weeks ago and so far they seem like helpful and good people.

I didn't know Lich was a small server; is there a website or something that shows how many players each server has? I just picked the the first server that the game suggested back when I started playing.

Completely anecdotal; you were just unlucky.

I should have said was, there has been a lot of new names popping for the last couple of months. But for a long time I think Lich was the least populated server in Chaos, there is a website to see the count but I don't remember what it is.

Also as a French, yes French are usually the worst :( One of my FC mate had a lot of bad experiences with German players though ^^" There's just bad players everywhere.

EriksBlue

Banned
Stop playing weeaboo games and your backlog won't be that bad.

WEEABOO GAMES ARE LIFE!
1415419432741.gif

BadRNG

We still think you're a banchou
nah I beat six a couple weeks ago. FFXIV still more weeaboo than anything in the KB series though. Some of the late night/early morning chat in FC is scary shit, everyone calling each other -chan and talking about how pretty their cat girl glamor looks.

EriksBlue

Banned
nah I beat six a couple weeks ago. FFXIV still more weeaboo than anything in the KB series though. Some of the late night/early morning chat in FC is scary shit, everyone calling each other -chan and talking about how pretty their cat girl glamor looks.

*shivers* Thank god i'm not around during that

Silvawuff

Has SE acknowledged the RMT /tell problem? I don't know about other servers, but on Hyperion it is out of control nuts.

This. I actually set my chat filters to completely remove /tell from my General tab, then made a new tab specifically just for /tell spam. It's ridiculous logging in and immediately getting nailed with spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom