• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Were they doing speed makes dots tick and finish faster and also cause your resource to regen faster? That's what SWTOR does and I think I remember people saying that was a copy of recent WoW.

As of WoD release, I believe Spell Haste basically just speeds up DoT ticks (e.g., 3s -> 2s) without changing the duration. Any time left without a tick will just deal that percentage in damage (e.g., 1s remaining on a 2s DoT tick will deal 50% damage). So they removed the Haste breakpoints and had the duration remain unchanged.

Talaysen

This ... doesn't surprise me. Back when I was doing a lot of work on EO/Disgaea math, my methodology went more result oriented and curve-fitting. This led to trying to find more rounded formulas and really having issues with figuring out Random functions or "other" factors that a single-formula can't catch.

Anyway, so based off JP math we have job-related coefficients as well as a non-independent formula for Determination value? Wonder what this is going to do for existing stat weight stuff since, as far as I know, stat weight "updates" were merely based off A) Improved rotation math / modeling and B) Updating WD/Main Stat values to current gear levels.

Fortunately the job-specific coefficient won't change anything with stat weights, as it is a constant multiplier at the end of everything.

Looking at the JP formula, looks like every 20 det (past 202) is just a +1% to damage. A lot simpler than the other formula. I'm more inclined to believe it.

Wilsongt

I am getting tired of LL Roulette. I am trying to level up WAR to 50 and am currently at 43. Everytime I do LL I either get Tam Tara or Totorak. How am I suppose to learn my job if I keep getting thrown into dungeons where I can't even use my war skills.

I am getting tired of LL Roulette. I am trying to level up WAR to 50 and am currently at 43. Everytime I do LL I either get Tam Tara or Totorak. How am I suppose to learn my job if I keep getting thrown into dungeons where I can't even use my war skills.

You ARE a tank. Queue for Stone Vigil or whatever dungeon is the highest you can queue for everyday. You'll be 50 in no time.

I wish Trojita to get better so he can replace us all over the next week; I got Pillars of Eternity to play.

You mean get roped into committing heinous acts of crime with Bookey and Red or lose nearly four hours of your day in a single Dota match? Which is it?

And don't you dare say Huniepop.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
H.h.hey guys... I'm thinking about starting a 2nd relic.. H.h.heh... heh heh heh... heh...?

But I mean I got all these Alexandrite sitting in my inventory. That's supposedly the hardest part, right? Right?

SkyOdin

H.h.hey guys... I'm thinking about starting a 2nd relic.. H.h.heh... heh heh heh... heh...?

But I mean I got all these Alexandrite sitting in my inventory. That's supposedly the hardest part, right? Right?

Spare yourself the pain and suffering and don't do it. I have my Zodiac Zeta, but I don't think I will ever do it again, including whatever Zodiac successor there will be in Heavensward. One big grind like that is enough in my life.

IvorB

So I was trying to equip my retainer today and I kept getting this message that "I already possess one of that unique item". I only have the one I am trying to equip on him. Anyone know what the deal is?

Xux

So I was trying to equip my retainer today and I kept getting this message that "I already possess one of that unique item". I only have the one I am trying to equip on him. Anyone know what the deal is?
Is the one you're replacing the only one you have of it?

IvorB

Is the one you're replacing the only one you have of it?

Ah f**k that's probably it. The one that's on him would be going into my inventory where I probably already have one of the same item. I really need to stop loot grabbing on instinct. I did LoA today and there was the crimson robe which I just needed instinctively and then realised I had one already on my retainer. Then I noticed another black mage in the party had asked me really nicely if they could have it but I hadn't noticed. I felt pretty bad. Luckily she won the roll.

Valor

he's only saying that so you can hurry back and replace galen
You are so ungrateful.
yeah fuck that galen guy

he doesn't like FFVIII and thinks Deuce is cool

wtf
She is cool because you can walk around and murder people by singing a pleasant ditty. You are just wrong. VIII is garbage. Confirmed shit taste.

Well he's right. FFVIII DOES suck. A blight on humanity it is
I knew there was a reason I liked you.

BadRNG

EDIT: Reading up different games' DoT systems just to get an idea of different ways the skill speed/spell speed changes could affect this game. I didn't know WoW changed their DoT+haste system in WoD. I like the new WoW system.
In the famitsu interview Yoshi just says a basic damage increase per tick depending on your SS amount. So functionally it wouldn't be much different from det/wd.

Increasing the rate the dots actually tick sounds interesting though. Since all of that is still under development, maybe they will consider it.

Xux

I thought the proposed SSPEED fix was DoT tick strength, not DoT tick speed anyway.

Changing DoT tick speed would be a massive undertaking given that HoTs/DoTs tick on a pulse of the impacted target and not the caster. They'd have to, like, flip everything around.
This makes sense. I imagine a DoT/HoT potency buff and a TP/MP per tick regeneration increase would fix the speed stats enough to be not ignored by non-BLM.

EriksBlue

Banned
Thanks man !

GET BETTER!!! I miss you D:

2d2efefb331649e95dd48cdbbccdf706.jpg

Frumix

Suffering From Success
On one hand backend-wise it's probably easier to just add a scaling potency increase to any over time effects, but wouldn't that just make SS determination-2: determinate harder?

Why non-monk? If you already got a monk it's time for double monk. If you already got double monk it's time for triple monk. And if you already got triple monk it's time for a bard.

I have no issue with double monk but they didn't seem eager to run with two monks.

i like running wiith one melee. no sharing accessories. also grat to angary switching to whm for heavensward. you'll do great at letting ppl die

iammeiam

TOMO I REMEMBERED TO TEND TO YOUR CROPS IF THEY ALL DIE IT'S NOT ON ME OKAY. I also tended Choco's one crop.

Unrelated and Tomo don't click this but: this is a thing that happened (and much like T10, I forgot to hit the share button until I lost the first few seconds of the fight--going out of FCoB the way I went in), witness the awesome carrying powers and my infinite mistakes. My three favorites: Momentarily confusing the last Sin for a Pain and swapping off it until I realized it was a blue thing that had to die quickly, starting to spin the camera around searching for the last dive-bomb insanely early only to somehow wind up running in a straight line right down the dive path because of course, and completely misreading the animation on Earthshaker in the final phase and moving too early.

STILL. It was great, thanks to those involved for making a sort of terrifying fight conceptually (jesus so much damage all the time everywhere and then more dive-bombs WHY) really, really fun despite the epic amount of wiping from the first attempt up through now, even though like all of you already had it on farm and could probably find better things to do with your time.

also grat to angary switching to whm for heavensward. you'll do great at letting ppl die

I have been training my whole life for this moment.

Well if we get another monk, bard or BLM, I'm sure they will live. Considering Final Coil will be unlocked soon, loot thirst is a poor excuse! Some of us want to clear FCoB before nerfs...

xxczx

I got booted from an FC for using ":D". I got told to express my emotions with words.

Lich is seriously full of idiots, it's hard to find decent playing people. Time to change to Cerberus.

dcye

I got booted from an FC for using ":D". I got told to express my emotions with words.

Lich is seriously full of idiots, it's hard to find decent playing people. Time to change to Cerberus.

Every time I encounter people from Cerberus in the DF they're gigantic shitlords.

BadRNG

even though like all of you already had it on farm and could probably find better things to do with your time.
Judging by the party list, I highly doubt that.
huehuehue

Grats though. What chest drop did you get? And how do you play with that UI.

Well if we get another monk, bard or BLM, I'm sure they will live. Considering Final Coil will be unlocked soon, loot thirst is a poor excuse! Some of us want to clear FCoB before nerfs...
I wonder how long before they implement echo. I think last two times it came a couple weeks after the unlock? Or was it immediately and they increased it every two weeks. Can't remember.

Should of began speaking like an assassination droid.

Angry declaration: Screw you meatbags, I'm switching servers.

Echo usually comes a few weeks after the unlocking of all the turns. I would just love for once to beat a part of Coil (T5, T9, T13) before it gets echo.

glamour your words better next time.

other than that, i'm not surprised. this game is getting weirder every day.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Heh, euro servers. Four people I knew on Cerberus migrated to Tonberry because Chaos DC is just so hopeless.

Drac

Lich is... a mixed bag. Small server, you just have to know the good apples, which FC were you in ? Really happy we have enough competent players in my FC to do whatever we want.

Cleared T6 Savage with static + Raijinken last night. \o/ Added bonus: the high Allagan casting choker which I accidentally walked out on once and never saw again dropped.

Here's (some of) the gang trying on the new titles:

inb4 lol gear carry do it in i90 while Mr G slowly extracts your fingernails

It took a couple of sessions to clear. The first session was a week ago or so with Felix, where we were mainly learning the fight, wiping a lot, and working out how to deal with various mechanics for two or three lockouts. We went in with Raijinken last night and it was a fair bit more consistent, and got it down in the second lockout.

Say what you like about swanning around SCOB content in T13 gear, but I like that it's more accessible now and enjoyed the new take on T6. I think it was actually more fun than the original, which I always saw as kind of a chore after I'd cleared it a few times. Also, you can't really brute force your way through certain mechanics of the fight, so there was still a fair bit of learning and practice to be done.

BLM has a tricky job as always on this fight, but when things go well, it's really satisfying. We used the line of sight strategy for the devour in original T6, which doesn't work here, so the big party trick for me this time was pulling off an Aetherial Manipulation to someone standing next to Rafflesia just before he got sucked in, so that I was there early to resume turreting before Spit happened. I really need to make a macro for "/p DID YOU SEE THAT <se.6>" for when I'm showboating with AM.

dcye

Heh, euro servers. Four people I knew on Cerberus migrated to Tonberry because Chaos DC is just so hopeless.

I play on Chaos and this is 100% right. So many garbage players, I had to quit WoD 5 times before I could find a party that could kill the Angry Many00 within 3 attempts this week. Pretty rubbish all around.

XenoRaven

You'll learn plenty when you get one more level and start doing DD first room runs!

scy

Judging by the party list, I highly doubt that.
huehuehue

Grats though. What chest drop did you get?

We really have nothing better to do.

And it was a WHM Cane, to go really well with my alt getting the SMN Book instead.

Orcastar

Lich is... a mixed bag. Small server, you just have to know the good apples, which FC were you in ? Really happy we have enough competent players in my FC to do whatever we want.

I've been playing on Lich for six months or something and I haven't had any problems, though admittedly I was FC-less until recently. Just got into an FC a few weeks ago and so far they seem like helpful and good people.

I didn't know Lich was a small server; is there a website or something that shows how many players each server has? I just picked the the first server that the game suggested back when I started playing.
I play on Chaos and this is 100% right. So many garbage players, I had to quit WoD 5 times before I could find a party that could kill the Angry Many00 within 3 attempts this week. Pretty rubbish all around.
Completely anecdotal; you were just unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom