• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been playing Drakengard 3 lately and I had the thought that they should add in a Zero costume/DK Zero sword.

Then I remembered that it's not Final Fantasy.

Seriously, I think they should get Yoko Taro and the rest of the Drakengard/Nier gang on the next Final Fantasy game. They have really interesting and unique ideas imo for stories and characters and how to present them so I'd like to see them work on the next game with an actual budget and QA.

Aselith

They should totally throw references from other Square games into FF14. I would love a little windup Ehrgeiz to follow me around or some Jensen shades to put on. Imagine the /visor with those things on. :D

Seems it still is, though they must have ran out of the PS4 version. PC is 9.99 on amazon.com atm, which is cheaper than a month of sub it comes with. But you need to buy the box so delivery might be kinda meh.

Damn... I am planning on getting the game sometime soon(hopefully by this upcoming friday), but even if this sale is still going by then, i'll probably be too impatient to wait for shipping.

isual

hosted 3 hours of ifrit extreme, nightmare mount and regular dropped on the second run, got low numbers.

anyways, on the last run, rolled a 99, got so excited that i left preemptively. =(

kiryogi

Banned
Random drive by, as I know Unknown Soldier is always here...

You should be playing PSO2 so you can truly live out your dreams of being Ilya!

Kaleido-Sapphire.jpg

finally preordered heavensward on ps4. its kind of cool the theme they give you for preordering. im guessing thats the theme of ishgard.in the background. its really not helping my hype level.

i suppose more turn 10 so i can not get my aiming earring will help that.

Thoraxes

Wow, just finished the ARR story.

Holy shit. And watching this Heavensward video? Just amazing. So fucking good.

Now it's just less than a week to the best birthday present; the Heavensward early access!

Guess I should farm Brayflox for the rest of that tank gear. Can't even motivate myself to get poetics or attempt to farm 13 for shiny new toys.

THE STRUGGLE IS OVER I HAVE FINALLY BEATEN TURN 5

Went DF and I knew something was up because everyone else in the group seemed to be preforming in a very particular way. Probably a FC helping out one of their own since many of them had dreadwyrm items.

Either way! HELL YES

Aselith

THE STRUGGLE IS OVER I HAVE FINALLY BEATEN TURN 5

Went DF and I knew something was up because everyone else in the group seemed to be preforming in a very particular way. Probably a FC helping out one of their own since many of them had dreadwyrm items.

Either way! HELL YES

You thought that was a struggle?

dcye

A group of me and 4 friends DF'd a bunch of T5 the other day and just "carried" loads of people through haha. Well, some were carries, others were just people who couldn't find the right group through df. We did it for like 2 hours. I like doing stuff like that. So many comms for my terrible WHM'ing.

Nohar

I wonder how many players defeated T13 now that we have the Echo bonus (and no weekly limitations whatsoever - I will really miss that...).

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I wonder how many players defeated T13 now that we have the Echo bonus (and no weekly limitations whatsoever - I will really miss that...).

You can see people celebrating their clears on reddit every once in a while. I think it's a safe assumption to say that Echo helped some low-end groups to push through.

Dragner

Been playing this game for a month. Having a blast, already prepurchased HW and resub for 3 months. Game is that good. First time in Cristal Tower with the FF3 music and enemies. DEM FEELS.

lewisgone

I realise that this is probably the worst time to start playing an MMO (before an expansion) but I finished my backlog and am really looking forward to getting into this now (bought the collectors edition last month, big FF fan).

Applied for the free company and am looking forward to playing with you all...once I'm done levelling, probably.

Kudo

Started clearing the main quest line before Heavensward launches and I have to say it's pretty exhausting. On my way to open up Snowcloak and then fun times with completely new dungeon for me.

hythloday

I realise that this is probably the worst time to start playing an MMO (before an expansion) but I finished my backlog and am really looking forward to getting into this now (bought the collectors edition last month, big FF fan).

Applied for the free company and am looking forward to playing with you all...once I'm done levelling, probably.

It's still a good time to start, in my opinion. I started two weeks ago. I re-rolled the character I originally started with the free trial and yesterday I joined the GAF FC on Ultros and did my first dungeons. (They were fun!)

I'm holding off on buying the expansion though because there's not much of a point til I finish the original game's stuff.

isual

t13 is no joke. my guild's almost done with it, and almost had it around 1 percent hp. or was it 5?

hopefully they'll get it down this week before the 19th.

did anyone order HW from bestbuy? I still have not received my june 19th code for EA

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Why do people in Crystal Tower on American DCs do this weird thing where they all split into parties and run into positions around the boss for ten minutes instead of just pulling from the front?

So I've put in maybe 12-15 hours, I'm level 20 in two classes (PUG and ROG), and the story is still barely getting started and it's not that interesting yet, but I'm still constantly thinking about this game. I don't know why, but this game has really grabbed me. I've played almost all of the FF games (almost none to completion), and the things that the game chooses to reference are just all the right things, and it doesn't do it the way Blizzard constantly goes "HAHAHA YEAH YOU LIKE THAT LEROY JENKINS SO DO WE HAHAHA GOOD TIMES", but instead it gives you a wink and a nudge and is just kinda "Hey, remember that thing from that game? That was cool."

Anyway, are servers really gonna be offline all day the 18th?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So I've put in maybe 12-15 hours, I'm level 20 in two classes (PUG and ROG), and the story is still barely getting started and it's not that interesting yet, but I'm still constantly thinking about this game. I don't know why, but this game has really grabbed me. I've played almost all of the FF games (almost none to completion), and the things that the game chooses to reference are just all the right things, and it doesn't do it the way Blizzard constantly goes "HAHAHA YEAH YOU LIKE THAT LEROY JENKINS SO DO WE HAHAHA GOOD TIMES", but instead it gives you a wink and a nudge and is just kinda "Hey, remember that thing from that game? That was cool."

Anyway, are servers really gonna be offline all day the 18th?
Yes, they'll be offline all day. Early access on the 19!
so what exactly needs to be done to access the expansion content. really don't want to do any ex primals or coil
You need to finish the 2.55 storyline (Before the Dawn is the last quest). Coil and Ex Primals are optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom