• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

I still feel like the name Deliverance seem wrong. I don't have a better idea but my mind tells me it doesn't match up right.
Have they confirmed that is the English name? Most of the ability names I've seen have come from the JPN version. It could very well be something else for us. Defiance is Defender, Infuriate is War Cry, could go on but you get the point. They seem to go back and forth on whether or not they keep English words between versions.

Sorian

Banned
Have they confirmed that is the English name? Most of the ability names I've seen have come from the JPN version. It could very well be something else for us. Defiance is Defender, Infuriate is War Cry, could go on but you get the point. They seem to go back and forth on whether or not they keep English words between versions.

Oh, I have no idea. I just know that's what they posted on their own translation of that live letter. Don't those translations go through Koji?

Um... I'm getting a bit nervous. I preordered the HW CE for PS4 from Best Buy, but I still haven't gotten an early access code. Am I supposed to or not?

I would definitely contact BestBuy, they often forget to send shit for mmos and stuff, or send the wrong stuff or whatever. If the person you get on the phone has no idea what's going on, ask for it to be escalated too. Pretty sure you were supposed to get the code a while ago.

Nohar

Currently leveling my last two jobs which aren't level 50 yet, Warrior and Monk. Got Warrior to 31, so I'm quite happy. However, Monk is stuck at level 21, with 20min+ waiting time for dungeons and almost no one doing FATEs at that level. So yeah... Not that great. Once level 30 things should be easier, especially with Heavensward and all the DRK, AST and MCH at level 30 wanting to level up.

Sorian

Banned
Speaking of HW CE. Has anyone been charged by the square store yet? I got an e-mail on the 1st of the month saying they would start charging accounts soon but haven't heard anything since then.

BadRNG

Oh, I have no idea. I just know that's what they posted on their own translation of that live letter. Don't those translations go through Koji?
I think they do? But not sure. Looking at that live letter it says all the ability names are tentative, and the SCH skills used the JPN-style Tactics names in the translation rather than the usual English random latin terms style.

I'm with you though, Deliverance sounds off as a stance name in English, wouldn't mind them changing it.

scy

The only other name I remember hearing was "Destroyer" for it, which sounds far more appropriate. But I think that was just one of the fan translation of an interview sort of thing?

Jomjom

Banned
I would definitely contact BestBuy, they often forget to send shit for mmos and stuff, or send the wrong stuff or whatever. If the person you get on the phone has no idea what's going on, ask for it to be escalated too. Pretty sure you were supposed to get the code a while ago.

Oooh seriously???

Is anyone else here preordering with Best Buy?

Sorian

Banned
Bards should switch to playing banjos. Would probably make them an interesting class.

Also:

Speaking of HW CE. Has anyone been charged by the square store yet? I got an e-mail on the 1st of the month saying they would start charging accounts soon but haven't heard anything since then.

Bueller? Bueller? Assuming no one has been charged yet?

I think Deliverance sounds alright? Sounds like the warrior becomes unshackled(which is a war skill name) and just let his rage take over, which is fitting for a DPS stance and the warrior storyline. Works as long as you take the "liberation" definition of deliverance, rather than the salvation one.

Don't think the names are final though.

Fehyd

Banned
If you find a number to call, let me know. I haven't received my code yet, either.

Sometimes unboxed is a better way to get a response.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/

Basically there are associates who answer questions and solve issues online, often times you can get a better or quicker response there, but not always.

Looks like other people have the same issue, seems to be getting emailed by the 18th is what they're saying.

Jomjom

Banned
Sometimes unboxed is a better way to get a response.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/

Basically there are associates who answer questions and solve issues online, often times you can get a better or quicker response there, but not always.

Looks like other people have the same issue, seems to be getting emailed by the 18th is what they're saying.

It looks like they're saying you gotta order by the 18th but codes likely won't be out until 19th or 20th. That's after the early access already!

=(

Fehyd

Banned
It looks like they're saying you gotta order by the 18th but codes likely won't be out until 19th or 20th. That's after the early access already!

=(

Yeah, unfortunately Best Buy doesn't really have a "pre-order" system, its basically a mish mosh of ill fitting pieces of retail software, and there's an incredibly roundabout way everything gets processed.

It is surprising that the preorder system is lagging behind for a big release, but then again, its not too surprising to me since its Best Buy.

Bards should switch to playing banjos. Would probably make them an interesting class.

Also:

Bueller? Bueller? Assuming no one has been charged yet?

I was charged on the third. Other people were charged before me. You're doomed.

Dear customer,

Thank you for your preorder of FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Heavensward™. We are pleased to
announce that we will soon be preparing your order for shipment. As part of this preparation, we will
begin charging for preorders on June 18, 2015 using the payment details that you provided upon
checkout.

Please verify that you have sufficient funds available for the payment option you selected during
the pre-order process. If your payment cannot be charged successfully, then your order will be
canceled.

To modify, follow or manage your preorder, please sign into your account on our store.

Thank you for supporting Square Enix,
The Square Enix Online Store Team

that was sent to me today

Sorian

Banned
Heh, guys we're good. The fault there was on me. Realized that they had no way of charging me, my bank switched out my debit card number since the time I had made this order.

Crisis averted. Is it next Friday yet?

I assume patch will go up fairly soon after the maintenance starts, to download all the assets. Then they'll probably patch again near the end of the maintenance with any last minute fix they might have to. So you'll have a day or so to download, what is it, like 30gb? Sounds alright if you don't have pure crappy internet.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I pre-ordered through Amazon, and haven't gotten a code either. Should I be worried?

I am worried.
Amazon page says they're mailing them out on the 19th.

Pre-order Bonus:
Pre-order FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward and gain early access to the game servers ahead of the official launch, as well as receive bonus DLC including: a Baron Circlet and Baron Earrings, and a Chocobo Chick Courier . Please note that early access does not apply for pre-orders of the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online all-in-one bundle. Both Early Access and DLC will be run through one combined code that will be emailed before the Early Access period begins. This code will be sent no earlier than 6/19/2015. Once customers receive the codes, they will have to go to Square’s dedicated website, select their platform, and another code will be generated. They then take this other code and enter it into either PSN (PS3/PS4) or MogStation (PC). Valid while supplies last. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.

Guessing it won't really be an issue, but I decided I'd rather not risk it and cancelled my CE preorder a few days ago. Preordered on PSN since I don't really care for the statue and $90 for the other stuff didn't seem worth it.

Sorian

Banned
This would be a nightmare, at least i have 100mbits, so i can download everything and watch you fighting over the last seats on the server

That's funny that you think having a good connection will make the thing any easier to download. Their servers will melt like usual.

I assume patch will go up fairly soon after the maintenance starts, to download all the assets. Then they'll probably patch again near the end of the maintenance with any last minute fix they might have to. So you'll have a day or so to download, what is it, like 30gb? Sounds alright if you don't have pure crappy internet.

PSN downloading is extremely wonky unfortunately.

Could take anywhere between a day to a week depending on how often it decides to slow your download to a crawl.

Kenai

About an hour or two before the servers go up, I'm sure.

It's usually sooner than that. It definitely won't be before servers go down though.

This would be a nightmare, at least i have 100mbits, so i can download everything and watch you fighting over the last seats on the server

1017s and 9oks scoff pretty equally at all internet server providers. No one is safe.

BadRNG

Is it really 30Gb? Or is that total size? Current game size is only 14.5GB on PC.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Banjo-Threeie no longer redirects to Rare's portal. Xbox E3 press conference held at the Galen center. Galen makes a Banjo-Kazooie joke. Coincidence? I think not.
I just want to know what kind of person wakes up and goes "I'm going to check BanjoThreeie.com today."

Tirod

I just want to know what kind of person wakes up and goes "I'm going to check BanjoThreeie.com today."

It's not that farfetched of a behavior this close to E3 when domains go up and down. Naturally the super fans are going to be checking just about anything.

Capella

I'm not sure why I waited so long to join the GAF guild but I finally did it. I'm resubscribed (finally got my Behemoth mount!) and I can't wait to explore Ishgard with all of you next week :D

Yeah, unfortunately Best Buy doesn't really have a "pre-order" system, its basically a mish mosh of ill fitting pieces of retail software, and there's an incredibly roundabout way everything gets processed.

It is surprising that the preorder system is lagging behind for a big release, but then again, its not too surprising to me since its Best Buy.

Blarg...Maybe I should just order digitally from Square. I assume that just gets your account upgraded outright.

BadRNG

Got that, I was just wondering if there's a steady amount of activity among new players. I've read of noobs having a hard time finding groups on some servers.
Unless you play at really off times, GAF is pretty active at all levels. And at cap people do runs for old content often.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Got that, I was just wondering if there's a steady amount of activity among new players. I've read of noobs having a hard time finding groups on some servers.
All servers are gonna have that issue when the expansion comes out next week.

FWIW though, you can do all the overworld story content solo. There's some mandatory party dungeons & primals that you'll need to complete along the way to progress the story but your server doesn't really matter cause the matchmaking is cross server. Best thing you can do to minimize waiting for a group is picking a support role as your main. Tanks usually get matched instantly, healers can take a few minutes, while 30min+ DPS queue times are not uncommon.

Nameless

Unless you play at really off times, GAF is pretty active at all levels. And at cap people do runs for old content often.

All servers are gonna have that issue when the expansion comes out next week.

FWIW though, you can do all the overworld story content solo. There's some mandatory party dungeons & primals that you'll need to complete along the way to progress the story but your server doesn't really matter cause the matchmaking is cross server. Best thing you can do to minimize waiting for a group is picking a support role as your main. Tanks usually get matched instantly, healers can take a few minutes, while 30min+ DPS queue times are not uncommon.

Awesome. Thanks for the replies.

Munba

http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/

kd008.png

What is that little cute dog with mantle.. lol.

MogCakes

It's always fun watching full STR PLDs try to out-aggro me with sword stance. Nothing is going to rip aggro off me in defiance! No amount of vokes will help them either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom