• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

If only I spoke German. Wonder what settings this is being played on/how early of a build it is, the pop in is terrible, and the environment in general looks pretty ugly.

Also speaking of races, we finally found the origin species for the Elezen!

kJgFDhS.jpg

suzu

If only I spoke German. Wonder what settings this is being played on/how early of a build it is, the pop in is terrible, and the environment in general looks pretty ugly.

Oh man, return of the Dhalmel jokes.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Finished the main story last night to prep for HW after a few months break away from the game.

HOLY SHIT! Shit really went down in the story. If you want to set up a new status quo, that's one way to do it.

God DAMN.

B-Dex

Finished the main story last night to prep for HW after a few months break away from the game.

HOLY SHIT! Shit really went down in the story. If you want to set up a new status quo, that's one way to do it.

God DAMN.

Yes a certain someone's arm is in the GAF FC now.

Nasser

Hi guys I'm a newbie I have question regarding the new release.

I preordered the new release of the game FF XIV Online yesterday, I know I can't play the new expansion until I'm done with the story (A Realm Reborn) so I was trying to download it to play the first part of the game but I couldn't. As I was going through my library in my PS4 I found the game (FF XIV: A Realm Reborn) and it gives me the option to download it.

I'm confused should I wait for XIV online bundle (i'd be able to download it in 7 days) or just download the game that I found in my library and start playing?

Semper88

I like the looks of that Griffin, I'm getting that digital CE!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hi guys I'm a newbie I have question regarding the new release.

I preordered the new release of the game FF XIV Online yesterday, I know I can't play the new expansion until I'm done with the story (A Realm Reborn) so I was trying to download it to play the first part of the game but I couldn't. As I was going through my library in my PS4 I found the game (FF XIV: A Realm Reborn) and it gives me the option to download it.

I'm confused should I wait for XIV online bundle (i'd be able to download it in 7 days) or just download the game that I found in my library and start playing?
Doesn't hurt to try, I think it's locked till next Tuesday though.

If the download doesn't work, you might still be able to download the Trial on the store and use that till Heavensward's launch.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
In my experience, people who play lalafell are the most chill

Highlanders are bros

Midlanders are nondescript and generally want to help

Cat girls are weird ass dudes

Catboy you're probably an anime superfan or you might be a furry

Let's racial stereotyping

Yup sounds right

I do find that there's almost always a strong correlation between dorky RP names, dorky RP emotes on limit breaks/resurrections/taunts, and cat people.

A Lalafell friend of mine has it set up so that whenever he limit breaks he says lines from Shadow the Hedgehog about how he is the ultimate lifeform.

Zomba13

Oh shit Dhalmels!

Okay, so it wouldn't exactly make a lot of sense to cap all tomes now.

Well it'd give you a small advantage. We don't really know how it works though, they could have poetics as the new uncapped tome directly and have poetics buy you a set of lvl 60 gear too. I guess we might know more when they do the prelim patch notes reading.

Personally I'm way too lazy to cap 900 anyway, so I'll just do a few EXDR tomorrow, end up at like 600 and call it good enough. I'll be at like 1500 total for the patch, which is enough to buy an AST weapon if it's actually relevant for leveling, or otherwise convert into whatever.

BadRNG

edit: wrong link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFUnQ4Y3Y4k
this is the correct one
Private video?

Will we be able to exchange old tomestones for the new ones come level 60?
Poetics are sticking around from what we know, so all we'll likely see is soldiery being discontinued with the usual 4:1 conversion available to turn into poetics.

Esoterics are not being added until Alexander is, at that point it's possible poetics will be available to be converted to Law, but they may just keep poetics around as the default 50 tome for old gear.

dramatis

That's actually a statue of Lolorito?

What happened to his face that he needs to be Batman now then?

When I try to recruit for the Free Company, it tells me, that "I do not have permission to view this page."

What am I doing wrong, and what is happening?
You need to make a Guildworks account and then access that page, you should be able to apply then.

Apoptomon

I really should apply for the Free Company again after having left it a while ago.
When I try to recruit for the Free Company, it tells me, that "I do not have permission to view this page."
What am I doing wrong, and what is happening?
You say you left, but were you in the FC just in-game or on guildworks as well (you're supposed to be in both, but not everyone seems to be). That page is if you were never in the guildworks site to begin with (in which case do as Drama said); if you meant in-game just right-click on a member > view company profile and re-apply from there.

That's actually a statue of Lolorito?
You need to make a Guildworks account and then access that page, you should be able to apply then.
Yeah, Vesper Bay is Lolorito's.

EDIT: Aceface, you left giraffes elezen off of your list of stereotypes. What would they be?

aceface

EDIT: Aceface, you left giraffes elezen off of your list of stereotypes. What would they be?

Uh...with Roes and Elezen's theres not enough for me to stereotype...

In my experience if you are Elezen you are probably British...or French...or Guy. That accounts for the 4 I know.

God DAMN.

I pretty much did the same and yeah... I expected bad things to happen but I never thought things would get that bad, really my hate for a certain group of NPCs went through the roof with the final cut-scenes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom