• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

Do we know what stat bonuses the Dragon people get?
No exact numbers but based off the flavor text I'd guess Raen are the magic stats and Xaela are the physical stats.

{Hallowed Ground}
image.php

I'd love to see the reactions to something like Drakengard 3's final boss mechanics put into the final boss for an MMO. I don't think FFXIV has the story/character framework to make it's truly surreal effect work though.

I'm pretty sure the artists are all from SE's art team.

In that case they probably don't have personal pages. Only portfolio pages I've seen from game dev artists are freelance.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I did a Coil marathon with PF pugs today, with intention to go from top to bottom.
We clear 1-12 pretty smoothly, 13 was a showstopper because people got tired after two and a half hours. Still, was a good effort.

Kudo

Just beat
Ramuh (Hard)
(I don't know how spoiler-free this thread is so I just spoilered it just to be safe) and I have to say this game has awesome OST.

Dunan

With Heavensward pre-ordered but with me not having finished the very last Ishgard mission in 2.55, I'm going to sign up again before Friday and get back into things.

Anyone know if we're supposed to have received any e-mail from SE about our pre-orders? I thought we were getting some sort of custom theme for the PS4.

Seriously, I think they should get Yoko Taro and the rest of the Drakengard/Nier gang on the next Final Fantasy game. They have really interesting and unique ideas imo for stories and characters and how to present them so I'd like to see them work on the next game with an actual budget and QA.

I don't want those sickos -- and I mean that in a good way -- anywhere near a big-name franchise like Final Fantasy.

I loved Nier but would prefer that it stay in its own domain, so to speak. Give them a big budget to work with and let them develop a freestanding Nier/Drakengard-like game.

And congratulations on the T5 clear, SliceSabre! I couldn't clear it for the longest time but finally did thanks to a GAF run. I'd love to finally do T6-13 when I get back in. I hate these battles -- they feel like they're 100% arbitrary, disjointed mechanics and are brutal on people with lag -- but I like the story that comes with them and want to see how it turns out.

Well I guess it's monday in europe, so whatever NDA they might have could have been lifted, that or it was supposed to be lifted at midnight PST but timezones too strong. Not much to see though, a few Astrologian abilities(firing lasers yay) and a lot of "look at this fat chocobo flying lulz". I don't speak german but the few words I caught seemed like very basic info too, like flying mounts, new classes, new primals, alexander and such.

damn uploaded june 8? damn they took a shit on NDA lol

Probably uploaded a while ago but not made public until now. The reddit post was basically exactly at midnight central europe time, the video being german, probably not a coincidence. Makes sense for the NDA to be lifted the week of E3 too.

Kudo

Lalafell Dark Knight is going to be so awesome, currently leveling up Gladiator to 22 and just did Marauder to 8 hopefully Bloodbath and Provoke are cross class skills for it.
Might play around with Black Mage too in Heavensward but probably saving the 50-60 quests for Dark Knight.
I guess it's wise to just spend all tomes for my Black Mage now and not save them for Dark Knight?

LowParry

Here I am, had plans to get a PLD up to 34. And nope. Watching GAF. Playing Last of Us. Listening to My Enemy from the Amazing Spider Man 2. The hell is wrong with me today.

B-Dex

Is the live letter tonight? The ffxiv twitch channel is streaming a SE logo intro on loop titled letter from the producer live XXI. 😬

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is the live letter tonight? The ffxiv twitch channel is streaming a SE logo intro on loop titled letter from the producer live XXI. 😬
Nope.

Live Streams
During the show we’ll be hosting a few live streams to help bring the excitement of E3 and Heavensward hype directly to you!

Heavensward (Preliminary) Patch Note Reading
Yoshida and Foxclon will be reading over the preliminary patch notes for Heavensward!

Broadcast start time:
Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. (PDT)
* Presented in Japanese only.

Duty Commenced
We’ll be broadcasting a special edition of Duty Commenced live from E3 and showcasing the playable content available on the show floor.

Broadcast start time:
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 12:30 p.m. (PDT)
* Presented in English only.

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXII
As previously announced, the twenty-second installment will be broadcast live from the show floor. Watch it in-person at the booth or check it out from the comfort of your own home!

Broadcast start time:
Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT)
* Presented in both English and Japanese.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d92f290a52e5d850f854e432f5c2624cc520be44

Stuart444

aceface

In my experience, people who play lalafell are the most chill

Highlanders are bros

Midlanders are nondescript and generally want to help

Cat girls are weird ass dudes

Catboy you're probably an anime superfan or you might be a furry

Let's racial stereotyping

Fmal

Banned
I do find that there's almost always a strong correlation between dorky RP names, dorky RP emotes on limit breaks/resurrections/taunts, and cat people.

I remember seeing a Ninja in LotA that had a macro to spam alliance chat with the same message 5 times about Trick attack being applied in addition to sound effects.

I'm looking forward to Heavensward which is why I'm hoping I can finish Drakengard 3 before Friday.

I put a handful of hours into the final boss today and its kicking my ass. Love when developers make gutsy decisions like this, even if it ends up causing some frustration. That's why I was thinking about something like it being added to FFXIV even if it would never actually happen. It would be very surreal yet memorable though if it did somehow happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom