• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikos

Are there any early access codes involved when preordering the digital version on PSN, or are you automatically in?

I preordered at Best Buy, but they won't be sending a code until the 19th or 20th. GCU discount is nice but I'd rather go digital for a hassle free experience, especially since I won't need the disc to play. Plus, there's a free theme included.

If it's not instant, I'll probably just go with the PC digital and PS4 physical.

yaffi

Well it'd give you a small advantage. We don't really know how it works though, they could have poetics as the new uncapped tome directly and have poetics buy you a set of lvl 60 gear too. I guess we might know more when they do the prelim patch notes reading.

Personally I'm way too lazy to cap 900 anyway, so I'll just do a few EXDR tomorrow, end up at like 600 and call it good enough. I'll be at like 1500 total for the patch, which is enough to buy an AST weapon if it's actually relevant for leveling, or otherwise convert into whatever.

Poetics are sticking around from what we know, so all we'll likely see is soldiery being discontinued with the usual 4:1 conversion available to turn into poetics.

Esoterics are not being added until Alexander is, at that point it's possible poetics will be available to be converted to Law, but they may just keep poetics around as the default 50 tome for old gear.

All right. I think I really won't try to cap poetics at 2k; not worth the "effort".

ChrisDM

I apologize if this question has been asked already, & I feel like I've actually seen the answer, but asking just to make sure: I just started recently so I'm not anywhere near level cap, so I don't need Heavensward right away right?

I've just heard that they're making leveling a bit more streamlined, but I'm assuming that will be a patch and I won't need Heavensward for that streamlined experience.

suzu

I apologize if this question has been asked already, & I feel like I've actually seen the answer, but asking just to make sure: I just started recently so I'm not anywhere near level cap, so I don't need Heavensward right away right?

I've just heard that they're making leveling a bit more streamlined, but I'm assuming that will be a patch and I won't need Heavensward for that streamlined experience.

You're correct on both.

Grisby

Finished the main quest yesterday. Even though I suspected it,
it was still something to see the empress die of the poison.

Kind of miffed at how easy all of the other Scions went down, as I actually grew a little attached to them, in a shallow way. Ah, I bet they'll be back some how in Heavenward.

Pretty fun time. I might try my hand at the coil stuff as that's really the only other 'main' piece of content I haven't touched. Gonna level up some other classes for the hell of it and I'm getting the expansion day 1.

Overall, I haven't really touched an MMO since Warcraft and I had a pretty good time. This really is the next iteration for classic FF and I really enjoyed the fanservice. The story was more engrossing than probably any MMO has the right to be, and I was surprised at how much it could feel like a SP campaign at times (although a bit simple).

So yeah, FF14 was a fun experience, and it'll be nice to come back to from time to time.

Pachimari

You say you left, but were you in the FC just in-game or on guildworks as well (you're supposed to be in both, but not everyone seems to be). That page is if you were never in the guildworks site to begin with (in which case do as Drama said); if you meant in-game just right-click on a member > view company profile and re-apply from there.

If I remember correctly. I have been in the Guildworks group before.

So maybe I still am? I don't remember. Any way to see that?

[edit]
Sorry for double post.

iammeiam

Codes registered, now it's just down to patching and UI/crossbar/gearset synch across all systems to be fully prepared.

Debating trying to DF things over the next couple of days as a sort of farewell tour of content/see how things shape up now vs when I first did it.

Valor

The Microsoft E3 conference is at the Galen Center. Will Galen be presenting?
Much to Kagari's disappointment, I did not attend. I'm sorry.
Galen is Phil Spencer?
You figured me out.
Galen is always presenting.
Lewd.

Codes registered, now it's just down to patching and UI/crossbar/gearset synch across all systems to be fully prepared.

Debating trying to DF things over the next couple of days as a sort of farewell tour of content/see how things shape up now vs when I first did it.
Let's get a group and do the coil tour of 1-13. We could roulette out jobs if we want to as well.

Valnen

only email I've gotten so far is my PS4 early access code

LNzJl8g.png

That is what my email looks like, with the heavensward order information below that.

BadRNG

Sucks I work both Friday and Saturday and of course Friday I'm going to watch the NBA finals so yeah.
IT ENDS TUESDAY, GSW IN 6, CHEF CURRY SERVING UP SOME CROSSED UP DELLY SANDWICHES. LETS GOOO

I already wanted Cleveland to lose but potential game 7 being on same day as early access definitely makes me want it bit more. Since this is SE the servers could be down or borked Friday night either way though so might not matter...

Also, um, something something final fantasy. Are patch notes out yet.

linid0t

So there's no point in getting the Heavensward expansion before I beat the main quest right? Just started playing this week.

Thanks in advance.

iammeiam

IT ENDS TUESDAY, GSW IN 6, CHEF CURRY SERVING UP SOME CROSSED UP DELLY SANDWICHES. LETS GOOO

I imagine the feeling I got reading this sentence to be a 100% accurate representation at what new players experience coming into this thread and trying to read the posts. A+ 10/10 would be confused by again.

So there's no point in getting the Heavensward expansion before I beat the main quest right? Just started playing this week.

Thanks in advance.

Only if you want to Fantasia into an Au'ra ASAP; otherwise you can afford to wait a while.

Doombear

Started this gem over the weekend, and loving it. A bit overwhelmed, but I love that too. Haven't really had this kind of experience since I left FFXI years and years ago.

Hi Ultros, I am all up in you.

Currently looking for the quest that gets my tail back. I seem to have lost that in the transition. Also, my CourierCarrie looks different. Beast In The Sack back from the dead.

WolvenOne

Just now realizing that I probably won't be able to finish up all my goals before Heavensward. Unless RNG ends up being really kind to me. <_<;;

Well, hopefully there'll still be some people that want to go back and do old content after all is said and done. Probably not right when the expansion hits mind you, but probably near the end when everyone starts getting antsy for 3.1

plake

Started this gem over the weekend, and loving it. A bit overwhelmed, but I love that too. Haven't really had this kind of experience since I left FFXI years and years ago.

Hi Ultros, I am all up in you.

Currently looking for the quest that gets my tail back. I seem to have lost that in the transition. Also, my CourierCarrie looks different. Beast In The Sack back from the dead.

Welcome \o/

Leunam

Having such a hard time squeezing those last three levels out of WAR without wanting to jump out the window. Any chance of a double experience weekend soon?

Just now realizing that I probably won't be able to finish up all my goals before Heavensward. Unless RNG ends up being really kind to me. <_<;;

Well, hopefully there'll still be some people that want to go back and do old content after all is said and done. Probably not right when the expansion hits mind you, but probably near the end when everyone starts getting antsy for 3.1

I don't think people will go back right away, but after a while I'm sure people will do glamour runs and stuff, especially with the 60stuff and no level sync it's gonna be pretty fun to do I think, see how few people you can clear stuff at a decent speed with and so on. But even in wotlk you'd find groups during weekends doing shitty vanilla content(and that's before they had any sort of glamour system in wow, it was just for the fun of it mostly), so yeah no doubt it'll be the same here.

BadRNG

I imagine the feeling I got reading this sentence to be a 100% accurate representation at what new players experience coming into this thread and trying to read the posts. A+ 10/10 would be confused by again.
Happy to help!

I don't think people will go back right away, but after a while I'm sure people will do glamour runs and stuff, especially with the 60stuff and no level sync it's gonna be pretty fun to do I think, see how few people you can clear stuff at a decent speed with and so on. But even in wotlk you'd find groups during weekends doing shitty vanilla content(and that's before they had any sort of glamour system in wow, it was just for the fun of it mostly), so yeah no doubt it'll be the same here.
Honestly I can't wait to try soloing old content. Had so much fun in WoW doing that.

Remember that time you cleared T13?
It's ok Haman, you're just a barbie girl in a barbie world. Life is plastic, it's fantastic.

not related to the topic but can i just say its amazing how long GAF has stayed up during the press conferences today. I don't think I've ever experienced this even when I had no account on neogaf.

I already wanted Cleveland to lose but potential game 7 being on same day as early access definitely makes me want it bit more. Since this is SE the servers could be down or borked Friday night either way though so might not matter...

Also, um, something something final fantasy. Are patch notes out yet.

bro pls.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Can you preload the 1.7 gb HW thing on ps4? I don't think it's letting me and I thought you could.
I think you can do it in Europe and Japan. For North America, PSN preload goes live on the 17th. Not sure about NA physical, but lodestone says the preload starts after redeeming the early access code.

Regarding the Early Access game client

Windows/Steam users
Users who have registered their early access codes and are currently playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will have their game client updated automatically as we near early access and will not need to download a separate client. Users who do not have the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn client can download it here.
(http://sqex.to/ffxiv_client_en)

PlayStation®3 / PlayStation®4 (physical package version)
After registering the pre-order promotion code*, you will be prompted to download the client from PlayStation Store. * This is scheduled to be delivered before the start of early access.

PlayStation®3 / PlayStation®4 (PSN download version)
After pre-ordering from PlayStation Store, you will be prompted to enable automatic downloads to have the game pre-loaded on your console starting June 17, 2015. The Heavensward software will be available for pre-load two days before Early Access begins and will automatically download to your PS3/PS4 if automatic downloads are enabled. (Click here to learn how to enable pre-loading on PS3/PS4.)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cebcb45223906c06e74e0b62c2723b86c22fee5f

Ken

Yeah I was able to download it straight away on PS4 after entering my code.

Code? I preordered off PSN but only downloaded the theme. When I try to start the preload it just tells me to wait 3 days.

I think you can do it in Europe and Japan. For North America, PSN preload goes live on the 17th. Not sure about NA physical, but lodestone says the preload starts after redeeming the early access code.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/cebcb45223906c06e74e0b62c2723b86c22fee5f

Thanks.

The Pelé hype helped with that probably.

I feel bad cause I had no idea what the dude was saying the whole time because of his really thick accent.

Too bad Twitch couldn't stay up.

I'd be more annoyed about it if it wasn't for the fact that they ended with stars wars, and I have no interest in that nor most first person experiences these days.

The only thing I care about is using Geirskogul on anything that crosses my path and then taking a dirt nap. thats proper drg etiquette after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom