• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, Squenix. You're going to fix your UI so it scales to 4K, right? Don't make me run Heavensward in 1080peasant for no good reason. Please? Pretty please?

bench_4K_980Ti.jpg

IvorB

Code? I preordered off PSN but only downloaded the theme. When I try to start the preload it just tells me to wait 3 days.

Oh I bought it from a retailer so they sent me a code. I guess if you bought it from PSN it would be different.

Fmal

Banned
Another bonus window with basically nothing good active. Is SE deliberately stopping the HM primals from being bright or something? I've never, ever seen this long of a dry streak.

Wilsongt

Another bonus window with basically nothing good active. Is SE deliberately stopping the HM primals from being bright or something? I've never, ever seen this long of a dry streak.

Welcome to the relic grind. Your windows are only open when you sleep.

Currently looking for the quest that gets my tail back. I seem to have lost that in the transition. Also, my CourierCarrie looks different. Beast In The Sack back from the dead.

Seriously what was the excuse for not giving Galka their glorious tails? Because it seems like BS with AuRa and all.

Apoptomon

Uh, Squenix. You're going to fix your UI so it scales to 4K, right? Don't make me run Heavensward in 1080peasant for no good reason. Please? Pretty please?

The benchmark settings has an option to "scale UI in character creation/selection", which to me suggests they're thinking about it. I have no idea what it does though since I'm one of those 1080peasants. Have you tried it?

Zomba13

I want some major FFXIV/FFVII tie in gear. I want to glamour like Classic Cloud, A Cait Sith on big moogle minion, Buster Sword for DRK, Tifa outfit and glove weapon for MNK, Sephiroth outfit and Cloud and Sephy hair.

suzu

I want some major FFXIV/FFVII tie in gear. I want to glamour like Classic Cloud, A Cait Sith on big moogle minion, Buster Sword for DRK, Tifa outfit and glove weapon for MNK, Sephiroth outfit and Cloud and Sephy hair.

Cloud's purple dress for glamour. \o/

The benchmark settings has an option to "scale UI in character creation/selection", which to me suggests they're thinking about it. I have no idea what it does though since I'm one of those 1080peasants. Have you tried it?

Yeah, the scaling in the Character Creator Benchmark works at any arbitrary resolution. I've written quite a lot about Squenix's UI already in my Official Forums thread. It was the first thing I tested when the benchmark was released. I really hope they have a fully scalable UI in the Heavensward client.

suzu

Does anyone know the times for the XIV streams at E3?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/d92f290a52e5d850f854e432f5c2624cc520be44

Live Streams
During the show we’ll be hosting a few live streams to help bring the excitement of E3 and Heavensward hype directly to you!

Heavensward (Preliminary) Patch Note Reading
Yoshida and Foxclon will be reading over the preliminary patch notes for Heavensward!

Broadcast start time:
Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. (PDT)
* Presented in Japanese only.

Duty Commenced
We’ll be broadcasting a special edition of Duty Commenced live from E3 and showcasing the playable content available on the show floor.

Broadcast start time:
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 12:30 p.m. (PDT)
* Presented in English only.

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXII
As previously announced, the twenty-second installment will be broadcast live from the show floor. Watch it in-person at the booth or check it out from the comfort of your own home!

Broadcast start time:
Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. (PDT)
* Presented in both English and Japanese.

BadRNG

Does anyone know the times for the XIV streams at E3?
SE's general stream will be tomorrow at 1pm EST, the FFXIV specific stuff;

Tuesday - Prelim patch note reading (in Japanese) - 10pm EST
Wednesday - Duty commenced - 3:30pm est
Thursday - Live Letter - 1pm est

The duty commenced stuff is generally pretty hit and miss when it comes to new info, they will probably just go over some of the stuff from the prelim patch notes. Those should be released to read for everyone either before or during the JPN reading stream.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
WELCOME TO THE 4K MASTER RACE (Soon)(tm)

Make sure you slap a solid OC on that puppy, the standard 980 Ti apparently gets around 37-38 FPS according to those benches, but with the OC I put on mine, my benchmark came out to average 44 fps or so. A fairly significant difference and well worth spending the time to OC it.

These dog eyes are ready for 4K

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I keep pressing F5 but patch notes don't appear on Lodestone.
I must be doing something wrong. I think I need to press F5 harder.

Teknoman

E3 has been damn good on all fronts, and its only Tuesday.

If Square busts out with a new Chrono series game on consoles...and Nintendo has a new 2D Metroid...this will be the best E3 in years. Not to mention Heavensward early access this week!

I AM OK!!!!!! i think?

I Will NEVER forget this day!
HOLY FUCK the feels!
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY!
Would you like to play a game of Lucky Hit?

14_elitedaily.gif

giphy.gif

I can't sleep

KyOP3ke.jpg

Thanks Jayhawk!

GAF did go down but it was because of the FF7 Remake announcement. Neither The Last Guardian nor Shenmue III could budge GAF, but FF7R brought it down like a house of cards.

Havensward pre-ordered on PSN!

Today I'll be getting my ironworks weapon for my white mage augmented and then finally both of my healers will be ready.

Kudo

So cute Lalafell Machinist..

I guess this is normal but on 1440p in dungeons and wilderness I get 70fps+ and when in towns (Mor Dhona) it drops down to 30-50fps. Running i5-750 and GTX 770, so my CPU is ancient, Heavensward benchmark gave avg fps of 39 with all maxed on DX11. Will getting new CPU increase that or is FFXIV more reliant on GPU?

rubius01

Pretty much me when Final Fantasy VII remake was announced. I still don't know what is real and what isn't real. If this is a dream, please don't wake me up.

Hate to tell you, but you're still asleep in the middle of a T9 progression run... Its only setember...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom