• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Question for those of you who have been playing this whole time. Is leveling a second or third job still just a matter of grinding out fates, etc. or have they changed anything to make it more like leveling your first job?

Dungeons (and guild leves too I think) got a big XP boost. The new challenge log helps too.

FATEs are usually poopy now with the scaling system.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Question for those of you who have been playing this whole time. Is leveling a second or third job still just a matter of grinding out fates, etc. or have they changed anything to make it more like leveling your first job?

Dungeons, daily low level roulette, challenge log (x number of leves and y number of fates for a big bonus weekly). FATEs are still good in certain ranges (45-50 is possible in under 5 hours in Northern Thanalan).

IvorB

Seeing your avatar and this post, it just fits too well :D

Ha ha. :)

Goglon promoted to Goro the Goro.

*clap clap*

GoroMKSM.jpg

Someone say Goro??

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Music track list spoiled the name of the last unnamed open world zone. It's pretty much what I guessed it was.

Is there a cooldown or other restriction known for that?

It's probably on cooldown, we just don't know exact parameters.

Pachimari

Damage per second.

Commonly used to identify the damage dealers of a group.

Literal definition is a number that third party programs can pull from the battle logs of the game which shows how much damage each player did per second.

Playing till 15 and grinding it out at lv 50 is a totally different beast. Again I recommend waiting unless you can drop $50 for a game you might not ever play.

Edit: Does that the game is now patched means we'll be seeing data mined info soonish?

@Ken: Thanks!

DPS = Damage per second. It is commonly used to describe jobs whose role is to deal damages, like the Dragoon, Monk, Bard (please, don't), Black Mage, Summoner, etc.

Thank you guys. So I take it Archer is a job too, and its synonym is ARC? Is there a place where I can check out all of these synonyms?

I also see my launcher is updating the game, new patch?

Downloaded the 1.7GB thing yesterday.

Now I'm downloading 5.7GBs from the game launcher.

Also confirmed my account for Heavensward Early Access when I logged in.

It's really happening!

IvorB

Thank you guys. So I take it Archer is a job too, and its synonym is ARC? Is there a place where I can check out all of these synonyms?

I also see my launcher is updating the game, new patch?

No, Archer is a class the job for it is Bard. I don't think there is any new patch due so no idea what the download is. Maybe check with SE support...

Edit:

Um you're downloading this thing called Heavenward.

Aw you guys are no fun... :-(

No, Archer is a class the job for it is Bard. I don't think there is any new patch due so no idea what the download is. Maybe check with SE support...

Everyone downloads the files, cause they still play with people who have the expansion, running around in new armor, with new spells and with new mounts and so on. It's just easier to have only one client with everything in it, even if people don't have access to some parts of it, rather than tag the client type to the account unlocks and all that.

Edit: Sorry, joke I guess?

Kind of?

Don't play Bard then. Two oGCDs between every one. Enjoy.

wrong

Play on whatever makes you perform better. Having gone to fighting game tournaments, including a couple of EVOs, people can be good at games when using arcade sticks of different sizes, gamepads of various consoles, keyboards, or hitboxes. Whatever. Just get good. It's okay if others are good too with other setups. Maybe there is somebody out there who finds this game easier with Wii Remote and Nunchuk setup.

te or bust

BadRNG

There's an achievement list out now. No story spoilers but people are weird so marking

New PvP mode called Seal Rock(seize)
3 new types of maps, aracheoskin, wryvenskin, and dragonskin
Kindness of Strangers (the resurrecting others achievement) goes up to V now, 200 raises.
Next Triple Triad achievement is at 90 cards, there's also one for beating 41 NPCs

Don't see anything about ilevel sync challenges. Korra lied to us. GET HIM.

Apoptomon

Data mined icons. Yep. http://imgur.com/a/WN9nO
Seems to be new chocobo skills (i.e. higher ranks?), a few new mounts and minions (a dragon girl minion and A RED PANDA MINION OMG MY FAVORITE ANIMAL IRL I MUST HAVE IT)
Also that FFVI emperor dog minion lolol.
But which ones will be obtained in-game and which ones will be on cash shop?
Also, does this (
Fb7ey6A.png
) mean arcanists will be able to carbuncle while they carbuncle?

Sorian

Banned
There's an achievement list out now. No story spoilers but people are weird so marking

New PvP mode called Seal Rock(seize)
3 new types of maps, aracheoskin, wryvenskin, and dragonskin
Kindness of Strangers (the resurrecting others achievement) goes up to V now, 200 raises.
Next Triple Triad achievement is at 90 cards, there's also one for beating 41 NPCs

Don't see anything about ilevel sync challenges. Korra lied to us. GET HIM.

As Triple Triad King, I decree no spoilers for TT things. Anyway, my body is ready for that 90 card achievement and whatever deck composition I will be allowed to have afterwards.

bleh for some reason I can't seem to dl the music. womp :( idk if I'm missing something or not...

The link in the OP is actually messed up, check further in the thread some guy posted the right link(pretty sure the OP copy pasted but it pasted the shortened URL with a bunch of ... in the middle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom