• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Its an LB and it's a straight line LB which means it should be their LB1 or 2.

The new physical ranged LB3 is a straight line AoE.

The limit break for ranged physical DPS has been changed to an attack to all targets in a straight line before the caster. Furthermore, level three limit breaks can now only be used by jobs.

BadRNG

http://i.imgur.com/5Vgj3ki.png

Abalathian Sea of Clouds.
When you see it, you kupo.
Holy crap, the legends are true.
Good King Mog is said to have led his people down from the heavens when a great war broke out there. AKA THE DRAGONSONG WAR.

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/lds/blog_image/jp_blog/EAC07_1.png

Is that machinist skill? :-O That looks rad. Laser beams...
That's MCN LB3. The whole blog is about the new LBs. The first two skill shots are the new level 1/2 for BRD/MCN, the rest are all LB3s.

iammeiam

Oh, based on data mining it looks like they're continuing the annoying trend of calling story-mode primals "Hard" mode.

I was really hoping they'd break at expansion and we'd go back to three versions of each primal--story, hard, extreme--but it looks like we're just going to get story and 'EX'.

So I guess yay EX primals at launch but it's silly to label story mode as hard when it never is.

Ken

You sure? From the launch video, the bard's rain of arrows looked a lot like a circle AoE to me. I thought the straight line was only applying to LB1 and LB2.

Well, the picture of Bard's LB3 does have arrows stop a few feet to the left and right. Could just be a pretty wide line, or camera angle tricks.

Sorian

Banned
Oh, based on data mining it looks like they're continuing the annoying trend of calling story-mode primals "Hard" mode.

I was really hoping they'd break at expansion and we'd go back to three versions of each primal--story, hard, extreme--but it looks like we're just going to get story and 'EX'.

So I guess yay EX primals at launch but it's silly to label story mode as hard when it never is.

These might actually be hard though? The reason the other "Story" primals weren't hard is because when they released, we were already over gearing them by a country mile.

dcye

What's a heaven sword?

FWIYZ1KG5KPALIN.LARGE.jpg

iammeiam

Primal weapon farming wooooooo.

These might actually be hard though? The reason the other "Story" primals weren't hard is because when they released, we were already over gearing them by a country mile.

I don't think they're going to be all that difficult largely because at least one of them, maybe both, come in at a point in the story where level sync will be a thing and you won't be able to outgear it at any point, so it has to be designed to be easily beatable by fairly casual players at the appropriate gear/overall level.

It's basically anything that's required for main story access I don't think is ever going to be that tough mechanically--Steps and Chrysalis weren't exactly difficult, and Steps was still eventually determined to be too tough--and so seeing storyline primals mislabeled as hard versions bums me out.

I also really like the escalation in difficulty from Titan Story -> HM -> EX and it's an easy way to stretch another fight out of a mostly existing encounter, so I'm bummed we're apparently not seeing that anymore.

Ken

Clearly we should make a full party at the mist, beat the dummies for level 3 and have a BRD/MCH use it...for science.

Valor

Machinist skill list seems pretty solid; a bunch of the skills have effects that remove the Gauss Barrel cast times, 50 TP regen every 30 seconds via quick load, 15 seconds of 'Hypercharge' sounds pretty neat--hypercharge turret regen mode for a 15 second BV thing (2 minute cooldown), or hypercharge a turret in damage mode for 5% phys or magic debuff on enemies. Which finally explains why there's no foe req equivalent on machinist.

Yeah I was just going through that. Machinist can do a lot of great shit, but in a shitty cross-classed mantra sort of way.

It looks like a complex class that's really about utilizing your shots the best way and dropping oGCD stuff either on cooldown or as the situation demands it. Popping turrets for regen skills sounds amaze. I really want to play it. Can Bards get some of that sweet Wildfire and instant weaponskill cast time please?

nikos

My Mog Station doesn't mention Early Access. I preordered, received code from retailer, registered it on the Early Access site, received a PSN code, and redeemed that. Nothing was downloaded on PSN though.

Should I be concerned?

aceface

My Mog Station doesn't mention Early Access. I preordered, received code from retailer, registered it on the Early Access site, received a PSN code, and redeemed that. Nothing was downloaded on PSN though.

Should I be concerned?

Did you log on/start downloading the patch on PS4 yet? If not try that.

Valor

Should I be concerned?
Did you start up the launcher? When I did that it had me add the early access to my account.

Not everything is HURRR DURRR ROTATION I UZE COMBO BUTON like DRG. HIT SHINY BUTON TO DPS.

Demoskinos

Should I be concerned?

You need to log in and it will prompt you to link the Heavensward stuff

iammeiam

Should I be concerned?

Playstation stuff is only tied to your account when you log in from the PS3/PS4. Right now the code is redeemed to your PSN account, but needs to be tied to your SE account.

So download the HW 1.7GB, then log in and it'll have you register your EA code to a service account before downloading the main patch.

I am only getting one patch inside the launcher on PS4 and it seems small at 5-ish gigs. Hopefully it's just mega compressed.

Demoskinos

Playstation stuff is only tied to your account when you log in from the PS3/PS4. Right now the code is redeemed to your PSN account, but needs to be tied to your SE account.

So download the HW 1.7GB, then log in and it'll have you register your EA code to a service account before downloading the main patch.

I am only getting one patch inside the launcher on PS4 and it seems small at 5-ish gigs. Hopefully it's just mega compressed.

The PC one is only like little over 8GB but they also have DX11 files as well to download.

Wait I jumped on mog station (pc) and it looks like the account page has changed and now there's a giant enter registration key button. My early access is there but I guess now we put in the key for the game..?

BadRNG

New abilities are up at garland tools! Includes the new jobs too.

By the way the stoneskin mystery is solved. Quick SS makes it 2.5 cast and replaces graniteskin, shell was replaced by improved medica that has a chance to half medica's MP cost. This is truly the nerf the healer patch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom