• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

The wait for a preorder code from Bestbuy is going to be agonizing. I hope it comes in by the time I get home from work tomorrow, or I'm going to be pissed.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I wonder if that's everything. 4.4 GB doesn't seem like much, but maybe we've been getting assets etc. in previous patches to soften the blow.

Scher

It's probably worth mentioning that the config option on the launcher now has the option to use DX11. This option is turned off by default.

Looks like 4-ish gigs?

Yeah seems like it, I copied my current install in case of and it was 15gb and now my fresh install is 19gb so adds up. Might not be the full thing, we'll see, but there might be a lot of assets like textures and stuff already in 2.5 patch and such I don't know. Wonder if the file infrastructure is the same, if it is I guess we're gonna get a bunch of datamining stuff.

BlueWord

Update has started! Really excited.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening with the Mac version vis a vis Steam? I've been doing a lot of research, and there doesn't seem to be any clear answer. I'm assuming Square is going to require me to buy a separate license to play on my Mac, although Steam does, in many cases, allow customers access to OS X and Linux versions with a single purchase. Obviously, Boot Camp is an option, but it'd be very convenient for me (not to mention cheaper) if the latter were the case.

They already said the Mac version is its own version and needs to be bought separately, similar to PS3 or PS4. Being on steam doesn't really matter in this case.

IvorB

Of course, the Uldah storyline along with the political impact amongst the three GCs will be part of it. The final aspect of the story will be the renewed invasion efforts of the Empire. These three story elements will tied together as the overall plot. He says you won't be in Ishgard the whole time either, you will have to return to the rest of the world at certain key moments.

Finally, the interviewer asks about if there could be some romance elements in the story, as that kind of thing is pretty popular amongst players. YoshiP shoots that down, citing the various difficulties that'd create for the developers due to the MMO format. He also jokes that a lot of the developers are shy, or old men, and it's hard for a bunch of old guys to depict a good love story.

Thank god they killed the love story thing. The last thing I want is to be ninja-romanced by some broad. Unless it was going to be a Bioware-style a la carte setup.

I was quite happy with the way things panned out in Ul-dah. That
Nanamo was beyond useless and I quite like that evil little lala who is taking over.

As with any MMO launch event that is even mildly popular, expect a grueling experience and laughably slow download speeds.

Do we even know the download size for Heavensward? It can't be small.

True, that will most likely happen, truth to be told, I just want to do something Heavensward related on maintenance day.

I wonder if that's everything. 4.4 GB doesn't seem like much, but maybe we've been getting assets etc. in previous patches to soften the blow.

As for the patch size, yeah it's either that or maybe the 4.4gb patch is just the "base" patch for the main client and not Heavensward maybe? Things like the new classes that players will also see if they haven't bought Heavensward but maybe Ishgard isn't included in the download yet, who knows because 4.4gb really seems quite small o.o

Thank god they killed the love story thing. The last thing I want is to be ninja-romanced by some broad. Unless it was going to be a Bioware-style a la carte setup.

I was quite happy with the way things panned out in Ul-dah. That
Nanamo was beyond useless and I quite like that evil little lala who is taking over.

Seeing your avatar and this post, it just fits too well :D

8 minutes left.

Question to anyone who ordered from the S-E Store, did you get a serial for the game to your email so you can register it on the Mog Station or is the early access code the only one they have sent out?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Thing to remember about lustrate change is there's a lot of positive aspects to changing it to a normal potency heal. It's affected by Eos' increased healing buff, it's affected by Dissipate, it's affected by Mantra, it's affected by MND(mostly potions matter here since MND on gear scales the same as VIT so Lustrate was already scaling), it's affected by Crit(and that's a huge one considering SCH stack crit and crit's getting buffed to affect critical values too, I have like 35%crit on my SCH).

The potency amount is high enough that it'll heal for about the same on WARs, more on PLD and a lot more on everyone else, assuming similar scaling to current between healing and health. It's still instant/OGCD(well I assume), so it can still be used instantly from Cleric Stance by dropping Cleric first(which is true instant, not even server check for it since it's removal of a buff). Now obviously, quite a few downsides including having to recast Cleric Stance everytime you drop it to lustrate and not being able to heal through various healing reduction mechanics.

But I think overall it'll increase the amount you heal with Lustrate by a substantial amount, at the cost of making it harder to DPS and heal at the same time(or less efficient I should say).

It's healing is technically buffed just salty for dps reasons

aceface

PS4 people log in now o/

Update is on there and it links Heavensward to your Square Enix account. Heavensward early access showing up on Mogstation now.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
As for the patch size, yeah it's either that or maybe the 4.4gb patch is just the "base" patch for the main client and not Heavensward maybe? Things like the new classes that players will also see if they haven't bought Heavensward but maybe Ishgard isn't included in the download yet, who knows because 4.4gb really seems quite small o.o
I just remembered that PS4 had the 1.7 GB patch download too, but that still doesn't seem like a lot for new classes, dungeons and areas bigger than the ones in the main game.

Scher

Restart the client after you download the first 4.4GB!

uaNQhZP.png

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just started downloading on PC and the file is 8365 MB big.

Edit:
The PS4 is 5744 MB (+1.7GB from the add on).

BadRNG

Relaunch the launcher after you download the initial 4gb on PC and login again. It will ask if you want to install the expansion, that says 10GB space needed.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Relaunch the launcher after you download the initial 4gb on PC and login again. It will ask if you want to install the expansion, that says 10GB space needed.
I got that screen when I launched it for the first time and it looks like I'm downloading both patches at the same time.

This is really weird.

Aeana

The lustrate change doesn't bother me if they intend to forego mandatory infirmity debuffs in the future. Other changes do concern me a little bit, but this is the usual song-and-dance people go through with big changes to classes in every MMO. People declare a class dead and it turns out they were overreacting, as always. If it's bad enough, they'll fix it, just like they fixed warrior a few months after launch.

It's healing is technically buffed just salty for dps reasons

Yeah I know I mained SCH all of 2.0 and it'll be quite annoying especially for normal dungeons and stuff, it's not even like dead, it's just you'll have to constantly hop in and out of cleric stance like WHM which is annoying to do. But overall it makes it a better healing tool. I wonder if they'll try to go away from the DPSing healer too. I mean most likely not in the "easy" 8man content, but Savage Alexander might be tuned in such a way that you need the 2 healers healing most of the time, in which case the Lustrate changes would actually be pretty beneficial.

plake

Wow, thanks for the PSA.

I though I was done after the 1,7 gig PS4 addon and the 4 gig patch, but after logging in again I had to register HW service to my SE account and now patch another 2 gigs.

Pachimari

Should I pre-order Heavensward for the bonus items?
I'm only lvl 3 so far.

And what are all of these synonyms you people are saying? Like SCH?

plake

Should I pre-order Heavensward for the bonus items?
I'm only lvl 3 so far.

And what are all of these synonyms you people are saying? Like SCH?

If you want to keep playing, sure. But if you're not intending on playing to or through lv 50 there's no need to buy it. I'd wait till later and see what you feel like. Bonus items aren't worth it imo.

SCH is Scholar. A healing job.

I just remembered that PS4 had the 1.7 GB patch download too, but that still doesn't seem like a lot for new classes, dungeons and areas bigger than the ones in the main game.

Restart the client after you download the first 4.4GB!

Yeah it would have been really low on the size side but that seems much more like it, 10gb expansion data plus 5gb new base data seems about right I guess.

Pachimari

SCH = Scholar
AST = Astrologian
BRD = Bard

Advanced Jobs.

I assume you know what DPS means.

etc :)
Thanks! But nope, I don't know what DPS is. :)

If you want to keep playing, sure. But if you're not intending on playing to or through lv 50 there's no need to buy it. I'd wait till later and see what you feel like. Bonus items aren't worth it imo.

SCH is Scholar. A healing job.

Oh, I have been playing ARR before and have a lvl 15 character too. I already know I love this game. :)

Sorian

Banned

Damage per second.

Commonly used to identify the damage dealers of a group.

Literal definition is a number that third party programs can pull from the battle logs of the game which shows how much damage each player did per second.

plake

Oh, I have been playing ARR before and have a lvl 15 character too. I already know I love this game. :)

Playing till 15 and grinding it out at lv 50 is a totally different beast. Again I recommend waiting unless you can drop $50 for a game you might not ever play.

Edit: Does that the game is now patched means we'll be seeing data mined info soonish?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The lustrate change doesn't bother me if they intend to forego mandatory infirmity debuffs in the future. Other changes do concern me a little bit, but this is the usual song-and-dance people go through with big changes to classes in every MMO. People declare a class dead and it turns out they were overreacting, as always. If it's bad enough, they'll fix it, just like they fixed warrior a few months after launch.

It's weird because Tetragrammaton is what Lustrate used to be.

Wz4IufR.png

Fat Cat 2: The Fattening

plake

Data mined icons. Yep. http://imgur.com/a/WN9nO

Seems to be new chocobo skills (i.e. higher ranks?), a few new mounts and minions (a dragon girl minion and A RED PANDA MINION OMG MY FAVORITE ANIMAL IRL I MUST HAVE IT)

Also that FFVI emperor dog minion lolol.

Rafterman

Banned
Question for those of you who have been playing this whole time. Is leveling a second or third job still just a matter of grinding out fates, etc. or have they changed anything to make it more like leveling your first job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom