• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikos

Did you log on/start downloading the patch on PS4 yet? If not try that.

Did you start up the launcher? When I did that it had me add the early access to my account.

Not everything is HURRR DURRR ROTATION I UZE COMBO BUTON like DRG. HIT SHINY BUTON TO DPS.

You need to log in and it will prompt you to link the Heavensward stuff

Playstation stuff is only tied to your account when you log in from the PS3/PS4. Right now the code is redeemed to your PSN account, but needs to be tied to your SE account.

So download the HW 1.7GB, then log in and it'll have you register your EA code to a service account before downloading the main patch.

I am only getting one patch inside the launcher on PS4 and it seems small at 5-ish gigs. Hopefully it's just mega compressed.

Whoa, thanks for the replies!

Just booted it up and the update prompt is there. Guess it wasn't live yesterday.

Thanks again, really appreciate it!

iammeiam

New abilities are up at garland tools! Includes the new jobs too.

By the way the stoneskin mystery is solved. Quick SS makes it 2.5 cast and replaces graniteskin, shell was replaced by improved medica that has a chance to half medica's MP cost. This is truly the nerf the healer patch...

Empyreal Arrow is weird as hell. TP cost but 15 second recast and 'doesn't share a timer' with other actions.

...it's claiming RoD no longer costs TP and shares a recast timer with Bloodletter? So instead of a TP cost bard gets a TP-free AOE that resets with Bloodletter?

what is going on i'm so confused

Edit: Ballad and Paeon DPS hit down to 15% from 20%. OK I guess?

Sidewinder caps at 350 potency assuming both DoTs up. Not bad.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Moonlit Moglobe
34844.png

High Allagan Star Globe
34822.png

Time to farm old stuff boyz

Tetragrammaton is 700 potency on 60s cooldown. Lustrate still better.

So no percentage healing? God damn it Yoshida.

Valor

Empyreal Arrow is weird as hell. TP cost but 15 second recast and 'doesn't share a timer' with other actions.

...it's claiming RoD no longer costs TP and shares a recast timer with Bloodletter? So instead of a TP cost bard gets a TP-free AOE that resets with Bloodletter?

Edit: Ballad and Paeon DPS hit down to 15% from 20%. OK I guess?

Sidewinder caps at 350 potency assuming both DoTs up. Not bad.

That feel when dropping RoD on cooldown what.

Can I use Barrage on Sidewinder? Please? Pleaseeee?

I guess I can settle for Misery's End?

BadRNG

TP costs may not be accurate yet in the database, some of the DRK TP costs are really odd. (It also lists Grit stance as required in a skill that says it can't be used in Grit...)

It's really weird but it seems like parry is actually built to increase DRK dps. Reprisal is 220 potency on 30s cooldown, oGCD and can be used anytime you parry (also applies a storm path like debuff). Your parries have a 30% chance to reset cooldown of the oGCD stun too, and there is a 30% parry buff.

Delirium Blade GIVES DRAGON KICK BUFF. NO MORE MNK NEEDED, WE DID IT BOOKEY

iammeiam

TP costs may not be accurate yet in the database, some of the DRK TP costs are really odd. (It also lists Grit stance as required in a skill that says it can't be used in Grit...)

I think the bard stuff might actually be accurate? The Empyreal icon matches what I thought it was in the earlier screenshots, and the earlier screenshot with icons had a 60 TP cost on the skill. It's mostly the recast that's confusing me; if it's really a 15 second recast Heavy Shot reigns supreme as filler I guess.

And they had to do something to Rain of Death because it's just terrible. This is just... not what I thought they'd do with it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sigh, this download is painfully slow despite being on a 100 Mbit connection. 0.25 MB/s most of the time.

Goring Blade Combo is 600 potency plus DoT = 920.

Rage of Halone Combo is 610 potency.

Royal Authority Combo is 690 potency.

Clemency Cast 3s, 2.5GCD = Restores target's HP. Cure Potency: 1200
Additional Effect: Restores to self 50% of HP restored to target if target is a party member.

Divine Veil Insant, 150s CD = Upon HP recovery via healing magic cast by a party member, a protective barrier is cast on all party members within a radius of 15 yalms.
Duration: 30s
Barrier Effect: Prevents damage up to 10% of caster's maximum HP
Duration: 30s
Effect ends upon HP recovery via a party member's healing magic.

Don't really like the second part of Divine Veil. It means someone can mess up your shield by healing your party again. So if someone is just spamming healing on the party your shield is gone before it can do anything.

Stuart444

I like the new Warrior skills.

HP restore skill and several moves that can only be used when 'uncontrollable'.

Should make off tanking more fun :D

iammeiam

Warden's Paean is weird. It's not really a song as we know it.

It seems useful as hell, but no MP cost 30 second duration shield on whoever? weird.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So the best weapons for 3.0 seem to come from Bismark Extreme (175, "Expanse") and from Ravana Extreme (190, "Hive"). Before that there's a whole bunch of 170-upgradeable-to-180 weapons with Japanese names (presumably Law tomestone tradeins). They don't appear to look like relics in the AF2 trailer.

iammeiam

It realize it is sad and twisted that I am really, really excited for EX primal farming.

But oh man something new to kill over and over and over.

Someone help me out here, I'm on a work computer with weird restrictions. What's the manawall or manaward nerf?

Creates a barrier that nullifies physical damage up to 20% of maximum HP.
Duration: 20s
Affinity BLM

Au Ra racial stats:

Xaela: 23 str. 20 Dex. 21 Vit. 20 Int. 17 Mnd. 19 Pie.
Raen: 17 Str. 21 Dex. 18 Vit. Int 20. Mnd 22. Pie 22.

Xaela pretty close to Hyur Highlander. same strength and one less vit.

\o/

iammeiam

Gonna go ahead and guess that things like the change of Lustrate to a potency heal mean we'll see more healing debuffs in content and more forced tank-swaps you can't just lustrate through (solo tank Ramuh EX is all about lustrate and stoneskin spam. RIP.)

MT and OT time for everyone, get hype.

Au Ra racial stats:

Xaela: 23 str. 20 Dex. 21 Vit. 20 Int. 17 Mnd. 19 Pie.
Raen: 17 Str. 21 Dex. 18 Vit. Int 20. Mnd 22. Pie 22.

Xaela pretty close to Hyur Highlander. same strength and one less vit.

\o/

WAIT someone theorycraft for me, which one do I want for drk. I need that .05% min/max for when I'm tanking lfr alex.

BadRNG

The DRK dmg reduction cooldowns are so lazy. Shadowskin is identical to rampart, Shadow Wall is a weaker version of Sentinel. Same uptimes/cooldowns. Living Dead has a 5m cooldown for some weird reason, I mean it's good, but not that good.

The tank accuracy boost is 5%, seems like just enough to push you over from flank to frontal based on past caps.

WAR's equilibrium is far better than what the initial info was (a 5k heal on long cooldown). 1200 potency cure if in Defiance/200 TP recover if in Deliverance. Only 60s cooldown.

BadRNG

WAIT someone theorycraft for me, which one do I want for drk. I need that .05% min/max for when I'm tanking lfr alex.
Neither of those if min/max. You want Sea Wolf roe if vit min/max, Highlander if str. (trade 1 point for the other)

They said if you are any good piety won't matter so it's still all about str/vit.

Guess Who

Banned
I do not understand the changes to Bard at all. Lvl. 60 Bard is basically gonna be a stationary caster class. Why will you ever turn off Minuet?

I guess Stone II is a useless skill for WHMs now? The difference in mana cost between Stone II and Stone III is pretty small, while Stone III gives a good boost in potency (170 vs 210).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom