• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Well even if you don't get the recast from crit dots, you still have a 100 potency aoe on an off gcd timer, so, in theory, you get more AoE? You have an ability to supplement quick knock spam. \o/

Well, yeah, the conversion of Rain of Death from a button you'll basically never use ever to a button you'll use once every 15 seconds is nice, but the recast thing is just odd.

(It also makes RoD something you'll pop in single-target situations now, since a 100 potency oGCD is a 100 potency oGCD.)

dcye

Does anyone know offhand if there are any more dungeon or party related quests after King Mog? I don't mind doing these Story quests for XP when the expansion launches but I fear I might have some trouble queuing up for old content while everyone is doing new stuff.

Going off memory:
Leviathan (Hard), 8-man trial
Ramuh (Hard), 8-man trial
Snowcloak, 4-man dungeon
Shiva (Hard), 8-man trial
Chrysalis, 8-man trial
Keeper of the Lake, 4-man dungeon
Steps of Faith, 8-man trial

Those may be out of order but that's all the group content you have left I think.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I had not played in a while. I realized I had never finished the main story quests yesterday. I was stuck on Pass the Smell Hest as I had tried to queue up for it a few times and had no luck finding a party for Hests. I got past that and a few quests past King Mog. Funny fight. Does anyone know offhand if there are any more dungeon or party related quests after King Mog? I don't mind doing these Story quests for XP when the expansion launches but I fear I might have some trouble queuing up for old content while everyone is doing new stuff.

Also I notice I was kicked from the GAF Ultros guild a long while back. I no longer have access to that account and have a new one on a different server that I was thinking of transferring. Am I banned from the GAF Ultros guild or something or am I welcome on my new character?
You have 3 Hard Primals, 2 Story Trials, and 2 mandatory dungeons left. The good news is DF is being tweaked in 3.0 so players who are new to an instance get priority.

iammeiam

Pretty much. Welcome to the main bar, Rain of Death.

Never listen to me. It took me like... half a sentence to forget the shared recast thing. You'd still only use it on 2 targets since using it would delay Bloodletter.

(seriously I wish they'd just made it oGCD with a 15 second recast and not bothered tying it in to Bloodletter/River of Blood.)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Armor gear tiers for battle classes
115 Rainbow/Mythrite (crafted)
120 Ishgardian (green)
125 Holy Rainbow (crafted)
130 Woad (green)
133 Dhamelskin/Titanium 1 (crafted)
136 Orthodox (green)
139 Hallowed Ramie/Titanium 2 (crafted)
142 Halonic (green)
148 Sharlayan (green)
145 Chimerical Felt 1/Titanium 3 (crafted)
150 Chimerical Felt 2/Adamantite (crafted)
160 Valerian (green)
160 Chivalric (crafted, green)
170 Yasha (law)
180 Asuran (upgrade from Yasha)

Some middle level ones are reskins of 2.5 dungeon gear and Soldiery gear
Voad is the tribal-looking gear you can see in the patch notes.
Yasha is the stylish white-and-black gear that's also in the patch notes.
Sharlayan includes that cute red coat you can see on Au Ra in one of those blog posts.
Totem animals for new jobs are Lynx (DRK), Owl (AST) and... well, MCH gets to be parrot.

AF2 is not in the game.

scy

Updated my list I posted earlier of all skill changes with all the new DB info. Main thing still missing is Wrath change and some spells appear to have identical cast/potencies, so only change I can think of is MP related.

Miasma/Miasma 2 changed Disease to Malady. 50% Healing Reduction -> 20% Healing Reduction, 40% Heavy that does not work in PvP.

Bane has always had the 15% chance to reset the timer. As far as I can tell, the change is the radius went from 8y to 2y.

Teletraan1

Banned
Going off memory:
Leviathan (Hard), 8-man trial
Ramuh (Hard), 8-man trial
Snowcloak, 4-man dungeon
Shiva (Hard), 8-man trial
Chrysalis, 8-man trial
Keeper of the Lake, 4-man dungeon
Steps of Faith, 8-man trial

Those may be out of order but that's all the group content you have left I think.

Thanks for the info. Damn. I should have gotten this in order prior. Oh well. Hopefully there will be more people in my situation to get through that content with.

I won't be able to play until at least 8PM tomorrow night. RIP me.
You will be expected to know all the dungeons front to back and run them flawlessly.

No it being the first day of the expansion is not an excuse to not know the dungeon. Watch the video.

{Black Mage has left the dungeon.}

Teletraan1

Banned
You have 3 Hard Primals, 2 Story Trials, and 2 mandatory dungeons left. The good news is DF is being tweaked in 3.0 so players who are new to an instance get priority.

Good to hear. It was funny doing that King Mog fight yesterday since the whole party minus one person was like erm I have never been here before haha.

Aeana

Error 1017 hype

worst5mmolaunches_ffxiv.jpg

Valor

Never listen to me. It took me like... half a sentence to forget the shared recast thing. You'd still only use it on 2 targets since using it would delay Bloodletter.

(seriously I wish they'd just made it oGCD with a 15 second recast and not bothered tying it in to Bloodletter/River of Blood.)

Count me as the same. I was even figuring out where to put it when I read it on that site. We are not smart people. At least we are not smart together.

Kenai

WOW am I reading this right regarding crafting? Seems like you literally don't have to level any crafting classes to 60 for cross class skills at all. So you can just level what you want to level.

Pretty big deal...

BadRNG

Miasma/Miasma 2 changed Disease to Malady. 50% Healing Reduction -> 20% Healing Reduction, 40% Heavy that does not work in PvP.

Bane has always had the 15% chance to reset the timer. As far as I can tell, the change is the radius went from 8y to 2y.
Edited Bane.

The 50% heal to 20% happened awhile ago though, as did the PvP change. So there's something else for Miasma. Disease > malady text is only thing I notice.

You're knwo what's going to feel good?

Running dungeons and not feeling rushed or expected to know everything. I miss that feeling. Sure it won't last longer than the few hours the game is up but still.

Sorian

Banned

Running dungeons and not feeling rushed or expected to know everything. I miss that feeling. Sure it won't last longer than the few hours the game is up but still.

Sounds like you run with grumpy people or you're a slow learner.

I'm more or less ready for tomorrow, PC and PS4 updated.

Hopefully the digital version for PS4 will be up on the store before I leave tomorrow so I can just log in, get any remaining updates and then play once I get back :D.

Stuart444

There is going to be two types of players in dungeons tomorrow.

First type: "NOOB, it's an easy dungeon, you should already know it. Why do I have to teach you, I have already ran it 3 times today"

Second type: (after wiping and being told what went wrong) "Don't be so serious, it's the first day LOL. Let me figure it out for myself. I don't care if you noticed what went wrong, let's wipe a few more times so I can figure it out MYSELF"

Kenai

There is going to be such a massive tank shortage tomorrow since half of them will be off leveling DRK.

I will be healing those half with AST. Or not healing them and playing cards while pretending to since Eos/Selene won't be making up for my derp while leveling it. Will be fun to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom