• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

Hmm unleashed for DRK can't be correct?

100 potency AoE for 9TP? Maybe its a typo and should be 90? If not then
Yeah, I don't think it is displaying properly. My guess is the code is not designed to handle a DoW with MP costs, therefore what it is actually showing is the % of MP cost. Flash says 8TP for PLD for example.

None of the DRK skills say an MP cost from what I can tell, so I bet that is it, we know many of them will. So Unleash would be 9% MP? Or something akin to that.

As far as I'm concerned nothing exists outside of Au Ra after today.
So much for min/maxing. Fucking casuals.

do I need an /s

Omnicent

Yeah, I don't think it is displaying properly. My guess is the code is not designed to handle a DoW with MP costs, therefore what it is actually showing is the % of MP cost. Flash says 8TP for PLD for example.

None of the DRK skills say an MP cost from what I can tell, so I bet that is it, we know many of them will. So Unleash would be 9% MP? Or something akin to that.

So much for min/maxing. Fucking casuals.

do I need an /s

Yeah its not showing mp values, so it makes sense.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
It's going to be rough trying to go through the story when there are three new classes, and every other DoW/DoM and DoH/L to lvl as well.

What have I done to myself?! =D

Cmagus

It's going to be rough trying to go through the story when there are three new classes, and every other DoW/DoM and DoH/L to lvl as well.

What have I done to myself?! =D

I'm going right for Astrologian at the start and then from there who knows I don't really feel like playing black mage anymore.

BadRNG

I made a Raen but I guess I'll switch to Xaela with the same look for those tank stats.
I mean you've been playing potato all this time, both of them are pretty bad tank stat wise.

edit -----

Man they really don't want any immune skills not named Hallowed Ground. Perfect Dodge got changed into Shade Shift, nullfies up to 20% of hp. I feel your pain BLM.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'm going right for Astrologian at the start and then from there who knows I don't really feel like playing black mage anymore.

So, a brand new Expansion launches and you're going to launch a party finder "LFG Brayflox!"?

I respect dat! =D

Edit: Well, they said they wanted to make the game harder. Didn't say it would be by nerfing everything. =P

Sorian

Banned
Man they really don't want any immune skills not named Hallowed Ground. Perfect Dodge got changed into Shade Shift, nullfies up to 20% of hp. I feel your pain BLM.

RIP fun times during raid nights. How I will miss dancing in the middle of the arena like an idiot during T12.

iammeiam

Poking around the dungeons and trials on Garland Tools, it looks like the iLevel to hit in 3.0 is going to be 145. Level 60 story stuff ranges from i142-i145 in requirement.

EX primals appear to have no minimum iLevel so.

gryvan

Poking around the dungeons and trials on Garland Tools, it looks like the iLevel to hit in 3.0 is going to be 145. Level 60 story stuff ranges from i142-i145 in requirement.

EX primals appear to have no minimum iLevel so.

Sounds similar to 2.0 except they just added 100 to it

Demoskinos

This Hype.... I can't stand it.

c938de0c5a7c2afbd4136993bfd0e1b81373600340_full.gif

Creates a barrier that nullifies physical damage up to 20% of maximum HP.
Duration: 20s
Affinity BLM

VIT BLM is the new meta.
This is kind of an annoying change. Most of the damage that you'd ordinarily block with Manawall wouldn't have killed a BLM anyway, it was mainly nice for voiding secondary effects that came with the damage like knockbacks, interruption or debuffs. If you don't fully block the damage, I guess those will still go through now. I guess the idea here is to make using Ley Lines more challenging, make it harder for BLMs to ignore mechanics, and reduce the gap in defensive capabilities between BLM and SMN. Still, taking a bit of damage in exchange for not having to move isn't such a huge deal - I don't see it as being much different from using Convert. Healers (fairies) can deal with it. :V

BLCKATK

Dunno if anyone caught this, sorry if I'm reposting.

Some interesting info on AoE for Bards.

Rain of Death and Bloodletter share the same recast timer, and Rain of Death had its TP cost taken out in exchange for a 15 second cooldown. I believe this means that the River of Blood trait should effect Rain of Death now, meaning Bard's AoE game just got a buff. Should be nice.

iammeiam

So the i170 Yasha stuff is going to upgrade to i180 Asuran stuff it looks like?

I also am not seeing AF2 in the Garland stuff. Looks like the highest-level dungeon stuff is going to be i160, crafted stuff from i139-i150.

hm.

Omnicent

Hmm soul eater doesn't sound to bad once you get the trait. Its totla combo potency without DA is 220 vs 223is for the enmity combo. When you add DA soul eater into the mix if you have threat solidified it should be better (and it heals too so its even better).

I'm liking what I'm seeing from DRK so far.

Dear god BLM will love DRK. DA Dark mind is 30% magic vul on the enemy.

scy

DRK Trick Attack, basically. 15%/30% with DA up for 10 seconds.

Going to be really awkward syncing literally everything I have for that 10s window + Trick Attack + Astro Cards + etc. etc.

Edit: Range 0y, it's a self-buff. Carry on \o/

iammeiam

Dunno if anyone caught this, sorry if I'm reposting.

Some interesting info on AoE for Bards.

Rain of Death and Bloodletter share the same recast timer, and Rain of Death had its TP cost taken out in exchange for a 15 second cooldown. I believe this means that the River of Blood trait should effect Rain of Death now, meaning Bard's AoE game just got a buff. Should be nice.

River of Blood only procs off DoTs though, and in large AOE situations (>3 enemies) you usually aren't keeping DoTs up because it's more TP efficient to just Quick Nock.

I am not near math-inclined enough to work this out, but you basically have to weigh the TP cost of running X sets of DoTs across mobs/the lost AOE DPS from keeping them up for a shot at being able to RoD vs the TP cost of just Quick Nock spam. QN spam is reliabe, RoD usage will be RNG'd to hell and it didn't get a potency buff.

Maybe there's some interaction with Iron Jaw? But it mostly seems like something you'll use largely in situations where you're just single-targeting through adds.

I dunno. Somebody do math.

Teletraan1

Banned
I had not played in a while. I realized I had never finished the main story quests yesterday. I was stuck on Pass the Smell Hest as I had tried to queue up for it a few times and had no luck finding a party for Hests. I got past that and a few quests past King Mog. Funny fight. Does anyone know offhand if there are any more dungeon or party related quests after King Mog? I don't mind doing these Story quests for XP when the expansion launches but I fear I might have some trouble queuing up for old content while everyone is doing new stuff.

Also I notice I was kicked from the GAF Ultros guild a long while back. I no longer have access to that account and have a new one on a different server that I was thinking of transferring. Am I banned from the GAF Ultros guild or something or am I welcome on my new character?

scy

I read it as they reduce their own magic vulnerability.

Reduce + Vulnerability = Defense increase.

I mean..

How else do you read this?

It's a magic oriented Sentinel...

You're right, it has no range associated with it and as far as I can tell, the only valid target for it is self.

Valor

River of Blood only procs off DoTs though, and in large AOE situations (>3 enemies) you usually aren't keeping DoTs up because it's more TP efficient to just Quick Nock.

I am not near math-inclined enough to work this out, but you basically have to weigh the TP cost of running X sets of DoTs across mobs/the lost AOE DPS from keeping them up for a shot at being able to RoD vs the TP cost of just Quick Nock spam. QN spam is reliabe, RoD usage will be RNG'd to hell and it didn't get a potency buff.

Maybe there's some interaction with Iron Jaw? But it mostly seems like something you'll use largely in situations where you're just single-targeting through adds.

Well even if you don't get the recast from crit dots, you still have a 100 potency aoe on an off gcd timer, so, in theory, you get more AoE? You have an ability to supplement quick knock spam. \o/

scy

You're probably just DoT up one target, Quick Nock facing that, and Rain of Death any DoT triggers. Iron Jaw as needed. At least, that's the only real way I'd think of to sue it in a massive AoE situation.

Edit: In entirely unrelated-to-Bard news, Miasma/Miasma 2 change is the Disease (50% Healing, 40% Heavy) was changed to Malady (20% reduced Healing) with a 40% Heavy (that does not work in PvP, not sure if that's entirely new).

aceface

Almost forgot, live letter in less than an hour.

I had not played in a while. I realized I had never finished the main story quests yesterday. I was stuck on Pass the Smell Hest as I had tried to queue up for it a few times and had no luck finding a party for Hests. I got past that and a few quests past King Mog. Funny fight. Does anyone know offhand if there are any more dungeon or party related quests after King Mog? I don't mind doing these Story quests for XP when the expansion launches but I fear I might have some trouble queuing up for old content while everyone is doing new stuff.

Also I notice I was kicked from the GAF Ultros guild a long while back. I no longer have access to that account and have a new one on a different server that I was thinking of transferring. Am I banned from the GAF Ultros guild or something or am I welcome on my new character?

You were kicked for inactivity and would be welcomed back if you put in an app when you get back on Ultros, as long as there's room.

Kenai

You have to reapply to the FC like before but you should be fine if there's room. If there isn't room they will bring back the overflow stuff until there is. They just kick people who aren't playing to make room for people who are periodically since we got dangerously close to FC cap a few times, no hard feelings.

BadRNG

Updated my list I posted earlier of all skill changes with all the new DB info. Main thing still missing is Wrath change and some spells appear to have identical cast/potencies, so only change I can think of is MP related.

Paladin
Riot Blade - TP cost lowered from 80 to 60
Shield Swipe - Now increases enmity gained
Shield Oath - Now increases accuracy by 5%

Warrior
Defiance - Now increases accuracy by 5%
Wrath - Still unknown

Monk
Featherfoot - Now 20% evasion rather than 25%
Demolish - DOT Duration increased by 3s
Shoulder Tackle - Still unknown, skill in DB appears identical to old

Dragoon
Heavy Thrust - Buff increased from 20s to 24s
Life Surge - Auto-crit changed from first non-magic skill to first weaponskill, therefore won't work on oGCD like Jumps anymore.
Phlebotomize - DoT increased from 18s to 24s

Ninja
Perfect Dodge - Renamed into Shade Shift, now only nullfiies damage up to 20% of max HP. Lasts 20s rather than 5s
Aeolian Edge - Must be behind rear for full potency

Bard
Mage's Ballad - The 20% reduced damage penalty is now 15%
Barrage - No longer multiplies autoattacks by 3, but weapon skills by 3. Any additional effect on the skill is only applied once.
Army's Paeon - The 20% reduced damage penalty is now 15%
Rain of Death - No longer costs TP, shares cooldown with Blood Letter, does not appear to have chance to make Quick Knock cost no TP.

Black Mage
Blizzard - Increased potency by 10
Fire - Increased potency by 10
Fire II - Unknown - possibly MP reduction, hard to tell with new amounts
Manawall - Barrier only absorbs up to 20% of max HP
Flare - Damage is reduced on second target by 10%, 3rd by 20%, 4th 30, 5th 40%, all others 50%

Summoner
Miasma - Disease wording into Malady
Bane - Range reduced from 8y to 2y
Miasma II - Disease wording into Malady
Enkindle - Reduced cooldown from 300s to 180s
Mountain Buster
Flaming Crush
Radiant Shield - All three of these pet attacks are now elemental damage

White Mage
Stone - Unknown, likely MP change
Protect - Gives mdef base
Proshell - Replaced by Enhanced Medica, gives a 20% chance to reduce Medica cost by 50%
Stone II - Unknown, likely MP change
Presence of Mind - Is now 20% spell speed increase
Graniteskin - Removed, replaced with Quick Stoneskin, which lowers Stoneskin cast to 2.5s
Stoneskin - Reduced to 10% for all, including WHM
Holy - Damage is reduced on second target by 10%, 3rd by 20%, 4th 30, 5th 40%, all others 50%
Aero II - Dot potency increased from 40 to 50
Stoneskin II - Same as Stoneskin

Scholar
Lustrate - No longer heals % of hp, instead is an instant 600 potency heal
Fey Light - Replaced by Fey Wind, granting Skill/Spell/Auto attack increase by 30% all at once for 30s
Fey Glow - Replaced by Fey Carress, casting aoe esuna with 60s cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom