• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Food is not cheap. HQ Flint Caviars are expensive, not just on market board, but to also craft (unless you want to spend the time fishing for emperor fish or whatever it is).

Flint caviar is a ridiculous metric. I mean, I've had it made, and yes I expend the minuscule effort required to catch a few fish, but how many people are running around with 600 Crit and really needing the boost over Apkallu?

It seems to me a buff for rezes would be a no-brainer. Does that help pretty much everybody?
Not really--all it does is decrease the amount of time you have weakness, which isn't an issue in most non-coil content. It's basically useful for T13.

We have discussed the topic of FC buffs a few times but don't really have a good solution yet. Every solution or proposal has it's pros, cons, and sometimes risks.

I would love to see something like a FC buff roulette that would allow you to turn on/off buffs to control the pool of buffs it chooses from. I suppose we could always manually /random for it.

I'd rather they put up brave new world than the teleport trash. Give Jayhawk his dumb crafting buffs. Whatever

The people have spoken. More 'Brave New World' buffs on the way. Please look forward to it!

Tabris

GAF is too spoiled. Most FC don't really feel 24/7 buffs to be affordable.

Uhm, what shitty FC are you in that doesn't have buffs up 24/7?

Flint caviar is a ridiculous metric. I mean, I've had it made, and yes I expend the minuscule effort required to catch a few fish, but how many people are running around with 600 Crit and really needing the boost over Apkallu?

Scrub talk.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Uhm, what shitty FC are you in that doesn't have buffs up 24/7?
Just about any FC that doesn't have 120+ people playing at any given time?
And they're usually not any worse for it.
We just get food up when it's raid time and gathering when somebody feels like fishing.
Also our DPS don't suck so much one death means hitting an enrage even though everyone's already 130.

Tabris

Large guild gets to use guild buffs all the time. News at 11.

You don't need to be 400. Don't need to even be 100 to have 24/7 buffs.

FC I'm in has I think 90 members, and about 60 of them are active, average 30 online at one time. We have buffs up 24/7.

Sorian

Banned
tabris so rich he wipes his ass with 100 dollar bills. the waste of flint caviar means nothing to him

0d1a71fc48fde7bfe84b49fec4720e27.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
We just get food up when it's raid time and gathering when somebody feels like fishing.
Also our DPS don't suck so much one death means hitting an enrage even though everyone's already 130.

The weakness buff is nice for early progression, is the point.

Sorian

Banned

Says the healer that probably caused the death. Zzzzz

Aselith

My FC has buffs 24/7 and there's usually about 5 people on at a time

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I don't post in this thread often but I feel like whenever Tabris posts in here a shitstorm always occurs....

iammeiam

Scrub talk.

Practical talk--the crit cap to actually get usage out of HQ flint caviar is pretty insane and if we're being honest anybody statted to get use out of it is also so overgeared you shouldn't need the tiny boost for anything currently in the game. Spamming flint caviar on anything currently in the game is more about the ego boost from four star food/overcompensating for something (the latter being why I use it--I'm running out of ways to get a gear carry and have to resort to food) than anything else. Practical food is cheap.

WolvenOne

Honestly, I only really use food for the Vit boost at this point. The other stats are nice, buuuuut, they're such a small bonus that they could fall off mid fight and you probably wouldn't notice.

But I NEED that extra bit of Vit for Coil.

It's content that is arguably more mechanically challenging than final coil. I didn't know everything you do in your life needed a tangible reward. You should get that checked out.

I raid for gear, if I'm not getting any kind of upgrade, I'd rather not waste my time on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom