• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Peas and Corn have no place on pizza.
Like Lala and Cats have no place in Eorzea.

How much would I have to bribe Yoshi P for the Heavensward Crit/Det food to be garden pizza?

Healer food could be pineapple pizza.

Au Ra and Miqo'te could have a terrible pizza allergy.

Ya'll are weird.

pot-kettle.jpg

Valor

Clearly, pizza is the true end game of FF14. Also, I think I'm gonna have to order some pizza tonight.

March 31st where are youuuu

Yup.

Prepare to hear a lot of shit in FC chat about crappy FC buffs.

There's only one surefire way to deal with his constant bemoaning, and that's to not listen to him. I do it all the time and I couldn't be happier.

iammeiam

The only time I ever wish I had an FC chat image macro is when raiders start whining about FC buffs, but it turns out I'm too lazy to figure out how to ASCII a tiny violin.

Jayhawk

The only time I ever wish I had an FC chat image macro is when raiders start whining about FC buffs, but it turns out I'm too lazy to figure out how to ASCII a tiny violin.

Code:
                      {}
                     oIIo
                     oIIo
                      ||
                      ||       I.
                      ||       |:
                     _||_      |:
                   .' || `.    |:
                  /   ||   \   |:
                 |    ::    |  |:
                 )_   ::   _(  |:
                  _)( :: )(_   |:
                 ) ._)::(_. (  |:
                /     II     \ |:
                |  .-.||     | |:
                 \(___)(    /  |:
        gaf'd     `.__\/__.'   I'

Tabris

The fact you guys don't roll food buff 24/7 is insane to me.

Makes sense when most of your players probably don't use food, but that's a problem in itself.

Jayhawk

Somebody start busting out numbers on what the most beneficial FC buffs are. Food buff is mainly beneficial to your wallet. Stop being poors. Use buffs that reduce the amount of time required to do something.

iammeiam

Jayhawk, that's basically a cello. I need one of those giant muscle dudes, a teeny tiny violin, and a speech bubble saying "YOUR LIFE. SO HARD!"

And then I need it on PS4. As is I'll just continue to think it. I like the rotating buff system since it's the most equitable for the makeup of the FC.

Jayhawk

One more week until people can start busting out this gem more often:

ARE YOU READY
.>----->o
....\O/
......|
......|
...../ \
TO GET CARRIED?

WolvenOne

So, you guys think we're going to see as many dungeons as there were for 2.0? Or less?

If it's the same number, I hope more of them are level 60 dungeons. I'd like to avoid a situation where I'm running AK over and over every day for Tomes.

Sorian

Banned
Somebody start busting out numbers on what the most beneficial FC buffs are. Food buff is mainly beneficial to your wallet. Stop being poors. Use buffs that reduce the amount of time required to do something.

If that's the argument why do we have the garbage teleport buff up 24/7, stop being cheap.

Jayhawk

If that's the argument why do we have the garbage teleport buff up 24/7, stop being cheap.

If we could get away with not having teleport FC buff, I am all for it. I am going to guess there will be situations in Heavensward where crafting will require both the craftsmanship and control buffs to be up.

And we all know sky hunts will be the better source for tomes, not AK 3.0.

scy

The Teleport buff would probably save more money if most of us weren't just AFK in a corner when logged on.

Sorian

Banned
The Teleport buff would probably save more money if most of us weren't just AFK in a corner when logged on.

Gold saucer is my free teleport. Mor Dhona is my return point. The house is automatically discounted enough IMO. That covers anywhere I have to teleport regularly.

WolvenOne

Personally, I teleport around a lot, doing mining and dailies and such. Thing is though, I'm pretty well off in terms of Gil, so I don't really need the teleport buff. Food buff on the other hand, helps a ton!

I'd advocate for the Res Buff, but being a tank, but that's a bigger benefit for DPS than a Tank, and the DPS in my static aren't in the GAF FC, so it doesn't help there. I might note however, that during the expansion, the teleport buff will probably be more useful. People will be moving around a lot more, at least initially. In addition, the teleport locations in Dravania and whatnot are probably going to cost a lot more when going to or from a starting city.

also gaf has newer players that gotta teleport all over and shit for the story. They don't got time for extra 10 minutes on food. we aren't all like sf where they probably got like 20 billion gil on each member.

creid

South Jersey doesn't count.

Eh? Is that just usual Jersey hate? Jersey has amazing pizza. Jersey/NYC/Connecticut are basically the only places to get authentic American pizza. As soon as you head west a bit you get really strange things. Like ranch dressing.
No hate, I know of one good pizza place where I used to live in Central NJ, but otherwise I've found nothing but mediocrity in the suburbs. I have had some good stuff in Hoboken, though.

iammeiam

Most of who, though? GAF by its nature usually has a fairly decent proportion of the population that are new and still going through the story, teleporting every damned where because Minfilia doesn't think Linkshells are secure communication or whatever. Or the people still spamming hunts for alex (I don't know if it's gotten better since the early days of 2.3, but spamming As used to be expensive transit-wise.) I suspect those people also tend to have less money in general so they benefit more from cut costs anyway.

The people who've seen and done basically everything benefit less but they probably have better access to decent cash flow. And they do still benefit (that two gil savings every time I teleport from the stables to in front of the house stairs!), as opposed to something like a constant food/weakness buff setup with utility for a very narrow slice of the population.

WolvenOne

Most of who, though? GAF by its nature usually has a fairly decent proportion of the population that are new and still going through the story, teleporting every damned where because Minfilia doesn't think Linkshells are secure communication or whatever. Or the people still spamming hunts for alex (I don't know if it's gotten better since the early days of 2.3, but spamming As used to be expensive transit-wise.) I suspect those people also tend to have less money in general so they benefit more from cut costs anyway.

The people who've seen and done basically everything benefit less but they probably have better access to decent cash flow. And they do still benefit, as opposed to something like a constant food/weakness buff setup with utility for a very narrow slice of the population.

Fair point.

Personally, it's a shame I can't set up the food buff just for myself, but whatevs.

Sorian

Banned
I can't find myself caring too much about a new player needing to teleport around. Their teleport costs are all ready rock bottom pricing.

iammeiam

I can't find myself caring too much about a new player needing to teleport around. Their teleport costs are all ready rock bottom pricing.

Yeeeeah, but I'm guessing they don't care about your res sickness or food costs either (food is so cheap to make, seriously), so you can balance each other in apathy. I just think there's more of them.

WolvenOne

Keep in mind that during the story, you're probably gonna be hecka poor. Most people just take the rewards they get from doing quests, sell the vender items, or sell off the items they get as a reward for doing the quests. Of the later, most items aren't worth much until you get to end-game. A person not at end-game is probably going to have less then 200K in their wallet, if not less then 100K. As such, saving a few hundred Gil every teleport is going to be significant for them.

Sorian

Banned
Yeeeeah, but I'm guessing they don't care about your res sickness or food costs either (food is so cheap to make, seriously), so you can balance each other in apathy. I just think there's more of them.

I'd rather they put up brave new world than the teleport trash. Give Jayhawk his dumb crafting buffs. Whatever

scy

The people who've seen and done basically everything benefit less but they probably have better access to decent cash flow. And they do still benefit (that two gil savings every time I teleport from the stables to in front of the house stairs!), as opposed to something like a constant food/weakness buff setup with utility for a very narrow slice of the population.

I meant the ones who would theoretically be doing food buff to save money. We're too AFK or don't run around the map enough to save that much money from the teleport buff compared to potentially saving a food per raid night so we view it as a waste. For most everyone else actively playing through the story / post-main story or doing hunts or gathering circles or whatever, it's the biggest savings to gil.

I still think we could just swap buffs every evening for the sake of raiding since we have an infinite number of points but it would also mean forcing people to be around to constantly change things. It's so miniscule for non-progression times that it's hard to care _that_ much.

Tabris

Food is not cheap. HQ Flint Caviars are expensive, not just on market board, but to also craft (unless you want to spend the time fishing for emperor fish or whatever it is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom