• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread ...

Walter-White-Throws-Pizza-on-Roof-Breaking-Bad.gif

Jeels

I remember during my T9 run people laughed that I picked the right class by having a tank with just an insane amount of HP.

It doesn't mean they are egotistical, or that it was said maliciously. It was actually kind of hilarious.

Love gaf. <3

Stuart444

I just had my best run ever of Garuda EX via DF.

Everyone knew what they were to do, tanks pulled the sisters without an issue, no one killed spiney, Garuda died very quickly after the second sister phase, etc.

Why can't they all be like that :(

Hystzen

Are we finally getting higher GC ranks I mean got all these seals and nothing to do with them apart from odd venture exchange

Frumix

Suffering From Success
GS, not GC.

Minigames will now give twice the MGP.
Wow. What a value. I wonder if it's possible to just rig a bot for cuff-a-cur and let the game grind itself.

Frazley

WOOT! Love the new PS4 suspend feature. Means I can keep FFXIV suspended and come back in here and there without having to sign-in every...single....time...

Anyone know if the FFXIV login screen has a timeout? Like can I just stay signed in to FFXIV? I know the game disconnects you from the server when you suspend, but it lets you stay on the main screen.

Koriandrr

Level 50 Paladin in Copperbell low level group. Only words he says the entire party was assuring us he was not a bot after we (very politely mind you) suggested that he use shield lob and/or flash occasionally so that he didn't lose agro on every single pull. He completely ignores all advice and gets me killed half way thru the dungeon on trash mobs because he refusing to use anything other than his 1-2-3.

I don't get it guys. Why do people like this exist?

Because they're 12 and french?

Being racist aside, they probably don't speak english and/or play on console and cba to do anything more than 1-2-3. Not to mention people who are suuuuuper casual don't even understand the meaning of tank and what their role in a party is.

xxczx

Being racist aside, they probably don't speak english and/or play on console and cba to do anything more than 1-2-3. Not to mention people who are suuuuuper casual don't even understand the meaning of tank and what their role in a party is.
Wouldn't it be easier for Square to put a difficulty level on the job description for new players?

i.e. Tanks being the hardest, Healer in the middle (debatable, I guess) and DPS being low.

Frazley

PS4's new Suspend/Resume is bad for my Cactpot habits. I just logged in again using my Vita to play Mini Cactpot. I didn't before having to slug through logging in again.

xxczx

These are all debatable.
From an early game point of view and how Square introduces Tank/Healing/DPS elements.

Near end game, it'll be a totally different story of course.
I had to rewire my network in January of 2014 to get Remote Play working over the internet, but believe me it is SO worth it! :D
Is there any links on how to do it?

I've tried opening a load of ports and it's still Type 3, I just gave up in the end. :(

IvorB

Wouldn't it be easier for Square to put a difficulty level on the job description for new players?

i.e. Tanks being the hardest, Healer in the middle (debatable, I guess) and DPS being low.

That would really do wonders for DPS players' rep for being sh*t.

I've tried opening a load of ports and it's still Type 3, I just gave up in the end. :(

Did you try putting the PS4 as DMZ?

Hystzen

Tanking is hard wot. I find tanking is piss compared to DPS as some situations you need good rotation and gear to pass certain DPS checks . Also being tank you can shrug off most AOE attacks like a boss unlike other classes getting knocked out

iammeiam

Copperbell NM times all jobs are braindead easy, though. You don't even really have enough skills for DPS to have a rotation to fuck up (revisiting the days of 8-second Venom Bite is never fun.)

Halatali is bullshit for PLD at least, but then you get Halone and everything is fine again until... SV I guess? Then around DD people start expecting big pulls in everything and attention may be required.

Brayflox is the shitty spot for healers, kind of, but none of the dungeon stuff seems that bad before "Speedrun all the things" phase. Regen cure cure cure cure II if proc medica ii if DPS keeps standing in shit, or let Eos do it depending on class.

Really up through 30 or so, all of the jobs are equally easy. It's just way more noticeable when the tank or healer is fucking up than DPS.

DPS also has the advantage of being able to "improve" at their job pretty significantly solely through gear. Remember when the Ramuh EX adds used to be an actual DPS check? We didn't all get that much better, we're all just laughably overgeared now.

Wait, suspend/resume on PS4 even works with FFXIV? I assumed it wouldn't work w/ online-only games.

I tried it. It works...kinda. When I came out of rest mode and went back to the game, I got an error that said "connection lost" and was taken back to title screen

Stuart444

I tried it. It works...kinda. When I came out of rest mode and went back to the game, I got an error that said "connection lost" and was taken back to title screen

Sounds about right. When Sharing things that need editing, it does the same thing since it has to suspend the game.

That was strange, when I logged off and then we did the PS4 update and logged back into FFXIV, it asked me to accept the user agreement.

Just curious as to why it did it now rather than when I first logged in haha.

scy

Our scheduled racism is on Tuesday, please understand

Hm. It's less about difficulty but more that tanks have more expectations on them along with the really obvious fail state of "dudes are killing our dudes."

IvorB

'French' is not a race so you're all good.

studyguy

Pretty sure most DPS could live with being called shit every now any then and shrug it off.

A poor tank or healer tends to be extremely obvious in content from newbies to endgame. A lot of people don't seem to want that attention. That alone causes a ton of people to not want to do the jobs, I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom