• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day today:

Got Yoichi Bow
Did weekly quest
Got healer boots and belt from Final Coil (about time!) Also got ninja gloves and almost won aiming bracelet (main tank might have killed me if I ended up winning all the loot from 10 and 11)

Now hopefully we can down 12 for once...

studyguy

275805.gif

FFXIV |OT8| Random Pizza Generator

iammeiam

I finally have a reason to rage about FCoB loot! Hurray.

Being screwed out of a chest due to connection issues is pretty amazing.

scy

Yeah, DC'd around a minute into the final phase? so we did the last few minutes down a person.

at least we got a Carbontwine I guess, grats final week of lockout \o/

Edit: And the DC'd person doesn't count as getting a clear, incidentally, for any curious.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
lolwut
Does it really hit you with 1/2 reward if someone DC'd right at the end D:

Yes. That's why if you see somebody disconnecting without a chance to swiftly get back you wipe and wait for them to get back on. I still don't fully grasp the logic behind this system. I guess it's anti-carry, so people can't disconnect at the end then carry somebody else?

Teknoman

I just read a thing that says one of the ways Bloodborne fixes problems of the Souls series is by eliminating the ability to cheese things with magic and arrows... Mostly by eliminating magic and arrows. RIP my planned vacation from idling on the stables.

Can I still be in the static tho to offer pizza advice?

(Also happy birthday I hope you got your dirty ill-gotten TT card. )

I might just have to post my playthrough videos here. Its more or less to the Souls series, what Mega Man X was to Mega Man.

iammeiam

Shouldnt have disgraced the pizza gods with your terrible pizza

So my takeaway here is that pizza purists are terrible people and you all deserve a final FCoB lockout of nothing but DRG loot.

We thought it'd be dead time before expansion or Bloodborne that would kill the game, but really it will be the pizza wars.

Valor

So my takeaway here is that pizza purists are terrible people and you all deserve a final FCoB lockout of nothing but DRG loot.

We thought it'd be dead time before expansion or Bloodborne that would kill the game, but really it will be the pizza wars.

Don't you dare curse us to more DRG loot. Nin Py wants that to happen. Come to NJ sometime and I'll show you real pizza. Then you'll understand. You'll understand how wrong you have been your entire life.

Aselith

Ok so I finished the main scenario and where the fuck did that one elf guy's twin sister go? She rolled out early in the story and then just never came back.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Ugh, kinda getting bored of tanking, but do rather like the insta-queues, but am really enjoying monk. I wish it was easier to get top gear for multiple jobs in a timely manner in this game. It sort of feels like it defeats the purpose of having the job system. Sure I can switch jobs at the drop of a hat, but I can only really gear one to the hilt one at a time. =\

BadRNG

Ugh, kinda getting bored of tanking, but do rather like the insta-queues, but am really enjoying monk. I wish it was easier to get top gear for multiple jobs in a timely manner in this game. It sort of feels like it defeats the purpose of having the job system. Sure I can switch jobs at the drop of a hat, but I can only really gear one to the hilt one at a time. =\
You can get up to i110 without utilizing any lockout systems, and that gear is enough for everything in the game except maybe the second half of final coil.

Drac

Yeah, DC'd around a minute into the final phase? so we did the last few minutes down a person.

at least we got a Carbontwine I guess, grats final week of lockout \o/

Edit: And the DC'd person doesn't count as getting a clear, incidentally, for any curious.

Happened to my group in T10, our RL was there for about 20% of the fight all in all, disconnecting all the time.
This doesn't really surprise me, basically the game must check for group clear at the kill, so when one membre is missing, it can't tell the exact number of people without a clear to give the loot, so by default it fucks players. But if the member reconnect before you vote, you would get the 2 chests as expected. This is kinda logic in its own kind of way.

Corn is common with ham or chicken on pizza here in UK.

I'd seen the option but I'd never known anyone to intentionally choose it. I always got the impression that toppings like that were the idea of someone who had heard second-hand what pizza was and thought he'd have a go at making one.

Incidentally, the best topping is pepperoni, jalapeños, peppers and red onion.
And if it's anything other than tomato sauce base, something's gone terribly wrong.
Especially if that involves skipping the cheese.

Meridianum and Prae down using DF. Sorry, gaf fc, I figured I'd roll the dice and it actually went just fine. The fact that you don't even need two tanks made it simple for me to just abuse my short queue timer and essentially be a dps.

Now begins....... unlocking more stuff I still don't have. -_-

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Meridianum and Prae down using DF. Sorry, gaf fc, I figured I'd roll the dice and it actually went just fine. The fact that you don't even need two tanks made it simple for me to just abuse my short queue timer and essentially be a dps.

Now begins....... unlocking more stuff I still don't have. -_-

As long as you're happy with it, that's the important thing- I'd have though DF the first time would be just constantly being stuck in a cutscene and missing all the fights.

iammeiam

Happened to my group in T10, our RL was there for about 20% of the fight all in all, disconnecting all the time.
This doesn't really surprise me, basically the game must check for group clear at the kill, so when one membre is missing, it can't tell the exact number of people without a clear to give the loot, so by default it fucks players. But if the member reconnect before you vote, you would get the 2 chests as expected. This is kinda logic in its own kind of way.

It needs a third option to, like, reset instance and respawn boss like a wipe that can only be activated by everyone in the group agreeing to it. I get why they did it, but it's irritating as hell.

I kind of don't pay attention to things like fight timers or stacks on the boss or basically anything, and so just kind of assumed missing a person for a substantial chunk of the fight (and I think we had a couple of deaths?) meant we were going to hit enrage anyway, so when we didn't and then immediately got the loot message... Bah. It's not like it even matters this close to lockout removal, it was just really disappointing.

As long as you're happy with it, that's the important thing- I'd have though DF the first time would be just constantly being stuck in a cutscene and missing all the fights.

Yeah I did my best to get a feeling of which cutscenes were worth it and which weren't, as well as which would lock me out and which wouldn't. I didn't "miss" any of the fights except usually just the beginning, but the truth is the group took them down so quickly it's not like I even had a chance to experience the mechanics. I got the gist of the major cutscenes and of course the ending ones.

Like I said yesterday, story stuff isn't too big of a concern for me since it's readily available. So getting through this kind of content as easily as possible is worth it for me. It's all the upcoming stuff that I'll be begging for the fc's help with. Like clearing all EX!

Drac

It needs a third option to, like, reset instance and respawn boss like a wipe that can only be activated by everyone in the group agreeing to it. I get why they did it, but it's irritating as hell.

I kind of don't pay attention to things like fight timers or stacks on the boss or basically anything, and so just kind of assumed missing a person for a substantial chunk of the fight (and I think we had a couple of deaths?) meant we were going to hit enrage anyway, so when we didn't and then immediately got the loot message... Bah. It's not like it even matters this close to lockout removal, it was just really disappointing.

A third option would mean you could just reset the boss until you get craft mat since it drops on the kill. I think they just did the simplest the could for a really marginal case, which is understandable.
That night we almost got t12 with seven people too (for some reason he had no connection problem during t11) but he gave too many stacks to boss before the timeout on last phase :( and twice since he reconnected for 10s just to make his corpse reappear !

That said, I can't wait for unlock, even if that means we'll have to do trash every time >_>

creid

Don't you dare curse us to more DRG loot. Nin Py wants that to happen. Come to NJ sometime and I'll show you real pizza. Then you'll understand. You'll understand how wrong you have been your entire life.
NJ has real pizza? I haven't found it.

iammeiam

A third option would mean you could just reset the boss until you get craft mat since it drops on the kill. I think they just did the simplest the could for a really marginal case, which is understandable.
That night we almost got t12 with seven people too (for some reason he had no connection problem during t11) but he gave too many stacks to boss before the timeout on last phase :( and twice since he reconnected for 10s just to make his corpse reappear !

That said, I can't wait for unlock, even if that means we'll have to do trash every time >_>

In retrospect, the best thing for a party faced with this to do is probably to have 3 more people intentionally DC once the clock gets to 90 seconds left so you can just run it again 4/4 for a second chest. Especially if Alexander moves to a system where there's no wasted loot--at least with the current drop system you can assume the chest that doesn't pop had useless stuff in it.

11 is going to be the worst FCOB turn to farm due to both the way its trash works and tethers in general. It's also the only turn left with an actual gear upgrade for me, so I'm hyped to wipe forever and then keep losing the bracelet to ninjas.

scy

11 is going to be the worst FCOB turn to farm due to both the way its trash works and tethers in general. It's also the only turn left with an actual gear upgrade for me, so I'm hyped to wipe forever and then keep losing the bracelet to ninjas.

time to wipe due to the pads

Eh? Is that just usual Jersey hate? Jersey has amazing pizza. Jersey/NYC/Connecticut are basically the only places to get authentic American pizza. As soon as you head west a bit you get really strange things. Like ranch dressing.

IvorB

Eh? Is that just usual Jersey hate? Jersey has amazing pizza. Jersey/NYC/Connecticut are basically the only places to get authentic American pizza. As soon as you head west a bit you get really strange things. Like ranch dressing.

What is "authentic American pizza"? Is that like takeout pizza? Neapolitan pizza from Italy is the best.

Xux

Nothing quite beats San Franciscan suburb Eastern European mom'n'pop pizza.

Berkeley has some amazing pizza, too

Oh and Alexandrite farming or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom