• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redx508

I'm new to the game and had just seen a post about it on Reddit. I guess I should have known a game that has so many gold sellers spamming tells and region chat wouldn't be tracking down people using add-ons.

yea one thing to keep in mind don't talk about any addons on the in game chat (say,yell,shout,party if your with pugs)

Tabris

Tempest Wing does 5k to Monks. I let Moara eat one whenever I am covering earth shockers on him to make it easier on healers. I don't know how much damage it does on me as I'm usually hit by a bunch of stuff as tempest wing goes off (Auto Attack, Tempest Wing, Flare Breath). I think 3.5k

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well usually people hit by Tempest Wing become intimate with the wall so I never had a chance to see if there's anything else to it.

Tabris

Well usually people hit by Tempest Wing become intimate with the wall so I never had a chance to see if there's anything else to it.

The person with the tether doesn't get knocked back, just anyone running into the people with tethers. So as long as people don't run past the tanks after earth shockers are done, or tanks are paying attention, you'll never see that knock back.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The person with the tether doesn't get knocked back, just anyone running into the people with tethers. So as long as people don't run past the tanks after earth shockers are done, or tanks are paying attention, you'll never see that knock back.

Thanks for the newsflash, want a reading carry? Do I really have to type out "Tempest Wing knockback due to a mistake" or can we not assume I'm completely clueless?

Tabris

Calm down bros.

Still-Water.jpg

WolvenOne

Okay, gonna jump start things with lore, Yaaaaay lore!

So, what seemingly sentient creatures of Eorzea do you think, might possibly have their own Primals? Bonus question, what sort of Primal do you think they would be?

Just imagine it, a Spriggan primal. D:

Allard

Okay, gonna jump start things with lore, Yaaaaay lore!

So, what seemingly sentient creatures of Eorzea do you think, might possibly have their own Primals? Bonus question, what sort of Primal do you think they would be?

Just imagine it, a Spriggan primal. D:

The return of Biggy, summoned by the primal gods rides the Primal Golem to wreak havoc across the land!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
For the spam, create a new text tab for just /tell and turn the noise off. Sucks because you may miss legit tells (in which obviously don't do this) but its a way to avoid hearing and seeing the spam.

Trying to organize my Bucket list here. Maybe you guys can help me prioritize.

Zodiac Step of the Relic quest - 2 atma so far.
Level WHM and SCH - Both in their 30s.
Beat EX Primals - I'm on Titan.
Beat Coil (as much I can) - Never stepped in there on this character. =x

Zodiac step could take forever depending on RNG (2 Atma in 46 total dungeon runs so far) which is why I'm not quite sure how to approach it.

oh man I got my MNK Gloves and slaying ring today

Also got Ninja choker and let Scy have the bracelets. :lol

Thanks to Haman, Gylbart, Myra, Zalasta, Slient and Kitcait for running with us for the farm.

BadRNG

A lot of the classic FF summons have been taken by now, either as primals or as other types of enemies.
Dullahads - Knights of the Round (this could be a cool fight)
Some made up Doma beast tribe we haven't seen yet - Yojimbo

I'm curious to see if the dragons in Dravania end up having a primal too, either already or being forced to summon one if we begin wrecking them. I know the heretics that are working with them have Shiva, but that's not quite the same. Considering the other dragonkin tribe we know of (Meracydia) created Bahamut, if the Dravanians have one it is probably pretty powerful.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
They did not really create Bahamut, Bahamut was one of the seven great dragons, at some point anyway, then he also became a revered personality like Moggle Mog or indeed Shiva. Them religious nuts are everywhere. Even if they're dragons.

BadRNG

They didn't create his "identity", but they created the primal we know as Bahamut. Just the heretics/Iceheart created Shiva but not Saint Shiva that she was inspired from.

edit - I just realized that, if you go by the Mog stuff, the primal identity isn't even necessarily the same thing.. If anything they just took Bahamut's name, more or less, right? It would be crazy if we found the real Bahamut's bones at some point in the expansion and they manage to revive him like Midgardsormr was. Even wilder if he isn't all crazy manipulative mind fucking super evil like his primal version is. Imagine working alongside Bahamut!

editnumba2 - GARLEANS REVIVE HIM WITH TECHNOLOGY AND WE GET BAHAMUT ZERO

WolvenOne

Yeah, a lot of the classics have been taken. That said, we can take a stab on future Primals, based on the recurring themes the designers have been using, and the beast tribe that summons them.

I mean, for example, in 1.0 and 2.0, the Primals all followed an elemental theme. In 3.0, it looks like the primals will say a lot more about the tribes that summon them.

Granted, that isn't too much to go on.

No no

Bahamut Zero is the original prototype, so at one point we fight both Bahamut Zero and Mecha-Bahamut at the same time. Then at the middle of the fight, Lightning comes with Odin an helps us out in an epic battle with the Godess at our side.

Anyway, I reached up to elements (phase 4?) of T9. Since it was basically mi first time reaching past golems, I'm pretty happy and on DF nonetheless!!

I can see the end of the tunnel.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is GAF activity dying down at all since the patch or are things still going pretty strong so far because of the coil unlock and stuff?

WolvenOne

Is GAF activity dying down at all since the patch or are things still going pretty strong so far because of the coil unlock and stuff?

Hmm, overall activity is up, but some people have unsubbed until expansion, or are only occasionally logging on, on account of having everything they want out of Fcob and whatnot.

If any statics that run in the daytime or early evening need a healer or dps, let me know...=3

Would be nice to at least beat 13 before Heavenward. I pretty much know up to final phase of 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom