• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atolm

Anyone actually try farming tier II materia with any success? I'm probably going to try tomorrow with 5 sets of lvl 30+ gear in urths fount.

I was trying to meld materia to a bravura novus scroll, but I strenuously reject the idea of paying 60 fucking K for some god damn tier II Savage Aim. That's just bullshit. I'm not sure at all what happened, but when I was still working on my Longinus this shit was like less then 5k most of the time.

Don't go to Urth. It won't SB at all, the level of the mobs has to be around the same of the items equipped. Try doing Fates un Coerthas, or something. They SB faster than lvl50 gear.

aceface

I used to SB lv. 2 crafting materia for cash by killing Golden Fleece at the Burning Wall. It goes pretty fast if you can tank and kill 4-8 at a time. Plus the snurble tufts usually sell pretty good too. That's how I paid for my small house actually.

Silvawuff

I just started playing again, and holy shit, you are right. This is ridiculous how much spam there is. Is there really no way to easily filter it out? I get at least one a minute.

If you don't want to do that, you can always turn off /tells in your general tab then make a new tab to absorb tells.

That, or /busy. Either way the RMT is an out of control annoyance.

I cancelled my sub today. Will resub for Heavensward.

XenoRaven

Turn 11 is cancer. I think YoshiP uses Turn 2 of each coil to get revenge on the community for the grief he gets.

It's like, the mechanics are easy sure. But oh, did you have a momentary lapse in judgment in the last phase of the fight? Wipe city. Do the last 7-8 boring minutes over again to get to the same spot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Turn 11 is cancer. I think YoshiP uses Turn 2 of each coil to get revenge on the community for the grief he gets.

It's like, the mechanics are easy sure. But oh, did you have a momentary lapse in judgment in the last phase of the fight? Wipe city. Do the last 7-8 boring minutes over again to get to the same spot.
This is it exactly.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
That feeling when you get loot from T13 that you don't even want or intend to use.
These are the days.

YoshiP also says consumables aren't intended to be mandatory, but try raiding without food or pots...

BadRNG

If the number of clears required to see the piece of loot you want exactly matches the number of the turn, finish the bottle and cry yourself to sleep.
It only took 11? We were at five or six when I logged off but you guys were still in there like three hours later. (Or did you take a break?)

Grats bookey though, I hope the pain was worth it...

Aren't most turns like this? Simple mechanic mistake in last phases means wipe a lot of the time. It's funny though how many of the quick wipe chances are tether related in final coil, every turn has one variation of it.

Only thing that bugs me about T11 is the trash, it was a cool idea first few times around but at a certain point just feels monotonous.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Aren't most turns like this? Simple mechanic mistake in last phases means wipe a lot of the time. It's funny though how many of the quick wipe chances are tether related in final coil, every turn has one variation of it.

Eh it feels like the first phase goes for way too long when it's hard to actually screw it up- at least with 10 and 12 you're into a phase change in like 3 seconds, and there's a modicum of actually paying attention as dps, something that doesn't really happen in 11 till the add phase.

XenoRaven

It only took 11? We were at five or six when I logged off but you guys were still in there like three hours later. (Or did you take a break?)

Only thing that bugs me about T11 is the trash, it was a cool idea first few times around but at a certain point just feels monotonous.
One very simple mistake in 11 can kill 2-4 people. Our group rarely recovers from mistakes in 11. 12 is typically salvageable because the penalty for a small mistake typically means the boss gets an additional stack, as opposed to half the raid dying.

I'm not saying it's a hard turn. I'm saying it's annoying to wipe to. T7 wasn't hard either but it broke up raid groups.

BadRNG

Eh it feels like the first phase goes for way too long when it's hard to actually screw it up- at least with 10 and 12 you're into a phase change in like 3 seconds, and there's a modicum of actually paying attention as dps, something that doesn't really happen in 11 till the add phase.
Maybe it's just tank perspective, as that is basically how most fights go, it's easy/boring early on and then suddenly you have to do things. And if you mess up at that point the group will probably wipe.

One very simple mistake in 11 can kill 2-4 people. Our group rarely recovers from mistakes in 11. 12 is typically salvageable because the penalty for a small mistake typically means the boss gets an additional stack, as opposed to half the raid dying.

I'm not saying it's a hard turn. I'm saying it's annoying to wipe to. T7 wasn't hard either but it broke up raid groups.
12 is probably most recoverable, I have seen some ridiculously crazy clears in there. But like if you mess up on charge/tethers in 10 or about a billion things in 13 you can wipe extremely fast over a small mistake, and then have to sit through easy phases again to get to where you were. T9 and T13 were actually the worst with this, since the fights are all stupid long and the first phases are extremely simple compared to the stuff at the end.

I'm not saying it's easy either, just that most coil fights have a similar gimmick in which one mistake = bad news. Second coil in general broke up groups because of this, seemed like every turn another group exploded. That entire tier was basically insta-wipe mechanics after insta-wipe mechanics.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

We had to swap around people a couple times.

BadRNG

Blue balls is hardest phase.
Maybe for dps? Might be tank perspective again. Last phase is way easier to wipe in due to the extremely high damage, on both the group and tanks. Double pylons, the nado/breath damage, gigflare, less room to move due to more cheese puddles. If you messed up in final phase it's probably wipe, if someone messes up on an orb usually the worst that happens is they die and can be resurrected. (obviously a limit there with enrage)

rubius01

Blue balls is hardest phase.

This is really fascinating to me, because I think the blue balls were the easiest phase for dps. The hardest part on that phase for us was the tanks and hate management. For me it was being flex on earth shocker in phase 1 and 4 and weaving in that 3rd earth shocker in phase 4 were the hardest.

Finally finished 2.55...

Longest series of cutscenes ever. And I've played all the Xeno-games! :p

(spoilers)

Kind of surprisingly dark ending honestly. I'm upset that the Sultana died. :( She was MAH QUEEN! Even if I wasn't from Uldah, lol. (I'm a lalafell)

LowParry

Man, that whole ending.

slRCGI5.png

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Maybe for dps? Might be tank perspective again. Last phase is way easier to wipe in due to the extremely high damage, on both the group and tanks. Double pylons, the nado/breath damage, gigflare, less room to move due to more cheese puddles. If you messed up in final phase it's probably wipe, if someone messes up on an orb usually the worst that happens is they die and can be resurrected. (obviously a limit there with enrage)

Second phase is the one that tripped up early progression groups like ours the most. Remember when Punch had a hard time grabbing those adds? Or healers not getting you in time? Not to mention having to have the awareness of who has how many stacks/people who couldn't take more than one stack...

The pylon was also a bit tricky at first, especially if it landed on the megaflare stack. Rage was risky too for people with 2 stacks, and still is even now for some classes.

Can someone explain one part of the ending... specifically the post-credits scene.

What was that about the Ascian and Ugn..whatever his name is. The guy who does primal stuff. Are they in leagues together about something or what? I guess we don't now anything yet but still lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This is really fascinating to me, because I think the blue balls were the easiest phase for dps. The hardest part on that phase for us was the tanks and hate management. For me it was being flex on earth shocker in phase 1 and 4 and weaving in that 3rd earth shocker in phase 4 were the hardest.

It's easy for DPS sure, but for tanks and healers? Not really.

scy

It's worth noting that part of our extra trouble was early progression with no Monk so low HP totals alongside lower MR with the lack of DK.

Basically, Megaflare + Pylon was hilarious.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
It's worth noting that part of our extra trouble was early progression with no Monk so low HP totals alongside lower MR with the lack of DK.

Basically, Megaflare + Pylon was hilarious.

Oh right. I tried to block that from memories...

BadRNG

Second phase is the one that tripped up early progression groups like ours the most. Remember when Punch had a hard time grabbing those adds? Or healers not getting you in time? Not to mention having to have the awareness of who has how many stacks/people who couldn't take more than one stack...

The pylon was also a bit tricky at first, especially if it landed on the megaflare stack. Rage was risky too for people with 2 stacks, and still is even now for some classes.
The healing issues we had early on weren't because of the phase itself per se, we switched to having SCH dps more in order to meet the enrage timer and it took some adjusting figuring out when we could and couldn't dps. The aggro thing was fixed pretty fast when he did it right, it's just a lot of the time he didn't or lagged/couldn't target in time.

If we could pick which phases to do, I'd take rage orb stage over final or adds every time. A lot less damage, a lot harder to mess up.

Oh and yeah, stupid dragon kick.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The healing issues we had early on weren't because of the phase itself per se, we switched to having SCH dps more in order to meet the enrage timer and it took some adjusting figuring out when we could and couldn't dps. The aggro thing was fixed pretty fast when he did it right, it's just a lot of the time he didn't or lagged/couldn't target in time.

If we could pick which phases to do, I'd take rage orb stage over final or adds every time. A lot less damage, a lot harder to mess up.

Oh and yeah, stupid dragon kick.

Yeah no DK made it extra rough. I blame Yoshida.

Kenai

Can someone explain one part of the ending... specifically the post-credits scene.

What was that about the Ascian and Ugn..whatever his name is. The guy who does primal stuff. Are they in leagues together about something or what? I guess we don't now anything yet but still lol

We don't actually no anything yet, although it's been tossed around that White Ascian and the others have differing methods and maybe even goals, it was probably there for the shock value more than anything tho

We don't actually no anything yet, although it's been tossed around that White Ascian and the others have differing methods and maybe even goals, it was probably there for the shock value more than anything tho

Yeah, you're probably right about
it being there for mostly shock value.
lol

Atolm

Finally obtained the platinum trophy. Man, those 1000 levequests sure took long. I wonder if they'll add new trophies with Heavensward.

Finally obtained the platinum trophy. Man, those 1000 levequests sure took long. I wonder if they'll add new trophies with Heavensward.

I just got the plat trophy last week, we are the 0.4%! Haha. And yes the leves were the last part for me as well. I think they will add more trophies for heavensward since it's being sold on a new game disc. Historically new discs have meant more trophies.

Ravidrath

I want to do this, but 100 Guildhests is just so stupid - there is no reason to actually do that in the context of the actual game, whereas everything else is pretty in-line with just playing it.

Also, the fishing trophies are sorta bugged and/or wrong. I think I should've had it from 1.0, but the way they're tracking that one is weird.

Anyway, I think Heavensward will have a full Platinum.

iammeiam

wat
i find adds phase of t13 to be the toughest myself, with the dps race and divebomb dodging
hell even now we still have people dying on the divebombs sometimes

Straight lines too hard.

(This isn't sarcasm. I mean it. Literally the hardest part of the fight for me is figuring out where a straight line from Twin is. I'm usually pretty sure I'm right until she starts to dive, then realize I've made a huge mistake.)

dcye

Hardest part of T13 for me is stopping myself from busting out into song in the last phase and not paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom