• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Anything can be a primal really. All you need is a bunch of aether and a strong belief.

(Hildibrand finale spoilers)
Gilgamesh summons Enkidu because he wished for his friend while next to crates of crystals.

Moggle Mog is fairytale, Shiva is an old saint.

They could have something like Doomtrain show up because Wedge wished really hard for a train while next to the Ironwork's crystal stash.

Jolkien

So is Guildwork frowned upon and shouldn't be used ? It looks neat but I'm not sure I'm willing to risk getting banned for those features.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Just curious is there a guide for nerfed turn 8 out there?

It's practically the same as the regular one except less people are needed to deal with towers.

/p DPS1 -> Twice to B <se.3>
/p ---------------------------
/p DPS2 - Twice to A <se.3>
/p DPS1 - Twice to B <se.3>
/p ---------------------------(skippable)
/p DPS2 - Twice to A <se.3>
/p ---------------------------(skippable)
/p DPS1 - Twice to A
/p DPS3 - Once to B <se.3>
/p DPS2 - Twice to C
/p MT once to D <se.3>
/p DPS1 - Twice to C
/p DPS3 - Once to A <se.3>
/p DPS2 - Twice to C
/p MT once to D <se.3>
A being mines, B being dread and C being aoe.

iammeiam

You can actually skip the first mines tower completely, with hilarious results since the ballistic markers go out on a BLM waiting in the tower spot to pop mines.

The person assigned to dread can still hit it 4 times in a row. Last hit hurts, but it's doable.

Valor

Interesting night of coil farms including a couple of gets for my bard that I apparently don't play anymore and abandoned for Ninja. The best part though was probably our 20 minute search for the White Joker, which we found out does, in fact, exist. In the end, despite my protests, the beast was slain in cold blood.

KFzkltT.jpg

Never forget.

Interesting night of coil farms including a couple of gets for my bard that I apparently don't play anymore and abandoned for Ninja. The best part though was probably our 20 minute search for the White Joker, which we found out does, in fact, exist. In the end, despite my protests, the beast was slain in cold blood.

KFzkltT.jpg

Never forget.

My eyes were red with bloodlust.

Sneaky fucker.

20 minutes was when I finally roped you guys into it. He haunted me for much longer.

neoemonk

So is Guildwork frowned upon and shouldn't be used ? It looks neat but I'm not sure I'm willing to risk getting banned for those features.

I started using Guildwork last night, and played the game with it for a few hours. I heard about it on Limit Break Radio, and after they argued both sides of it for a while I figured I'd give it a try.

I think the chat filtering option is nice. I pulled a regular expression off of a Reddit thread to block some RMT messages, and then have been adding websites from the messages that make it through that filter. The interesting thing about that for me anyway is the sheer number of different websites that spam you. I've never really paid much attention to those messages before.

I think the cross zone shouts feature is kind of entertaining, but it comes in handy when people start shouting for hunt invites, which leads me to my next point...

I think the hunts feature is probably the most controversial thing about it. I didn't feel like I was getting notification about hunts any faster personally, but I'm in two hunt linkshells on my server and I'm in a small FC with a friend that is in more than me and he will drop locations in FC chat. I get more hunt notifications from the linkshells than I do from Guildwork. Whether or not people in those linkshells are using it, I have no idea. I didn't see any come through them last night that popped up in Guildwork first, and in fact most of the hunts I did never came through at all (until presumably I arrived).

I'm not to a point where I need to know what instances provide light, so I can't speak to that feature, but I can tell you it changes rapidly.

Sorian

Banned

KFzkltT.jpg

Never forget.

I told Korra in FC chat exactly where it was going to be. You all chose to ignore me.

Thought it was interesting that they've added an Ishgard Twitter avatar frame to the existing three for the current city-states. What would be the point unless you can join a new Grand Company or align yourself with it in some way in Heavensward?

dcye

Thought it was interesting that they've added an Ishgard Twitter avatar frame to the existing three for the current city-states. What would be the point unless you can join a new Grand Company or align yourself with it in some way in Heavensward?

You can very easily change Grand Company.

Dandte

Heyho warriors of gaf, i have a simple and maybe stupid question.
I did some desynthesis with around 73% of success, i got 3 fc III in a row and some vanya silk from 10 bridesmaid's tights...the rng gods were on my side i guess. Later today i logged in again to do some desynthesis and i crushed 18 bridesmaid's tights in a row, after that i got a twinthread and then crushed another 15 bridesmaid's tights.
Is there something like a fixed yes or no possiblity of success or failure or maybe should i wait an ingame minute before try another attempt of desynthesis? I guess i just was really really unlucky but maybe there is something i didn't knew.

thanks in advance!

studyguy

Farmed T12 last night.
By farmed I mean we played played tag with the debuff during flames of unforgiveness in the final phase for kicks. Good times.

Stuart444

Had a funny moment in DF Titan EX earlier. We made it to heart consecutively but didn't win it (got past it once but half the group was dead so RIP). Better than my previous DF groups though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTUqEskVpQQ

It's funny enough when Alice and the Gaol falls but the Monk falling near the end makes it haha.

We finished after this attempt though, some people left and such.

aceface

Had a funny moment in DF Titan EX earlier. We made it to heart consecutively but didn't win it (got past it once but half the group was dead so RIP). Better than my previous DF groups though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTUqEskVpQQ

It's funny enough when Alice and the Gaol falls but the Monk falling near the end makes it haha.

We finished after this attempt though, some people left and such.

Noo Alice don't run out that far D:

Someone should put an A down for where the healers stand for jails.

Stuart444

Haha, this was the first time we've done Titan EX in months (literally). I was just surprised we got to Heart. (I kept my expectations low).

If I knew where, I'd have put a marker down but ah well. We also took a bit to get started as Tanks played the "not it" game.

Looking back, yeah it was a bit far. I was just going off my faint memory of placement but it did get a few laughs from Jade so I guess not all is lost XD.

I felt more confident in those attempts though than when we last did titan EX so that was good for me too.

aceface

Looking back, yeah it was a bit far. I was just going off my faint memory of placement but it did get a few laughs from Jade so I guess not all is lost XD.

I felt more confident in those attempts though than when we last did titan EX so that was good for me too.

Nah it's all good. I actually miss doing Titan, hours wiping to it on help nights ingrained that whole fight into my memory.

Aselith

Heyho warriors of gaf, i have a simple and maybe stupid question.
I did some desynthesis with around 73% of success, i got 3 fc III in a row and some vanya silk from 10 bridesmaid's tights...the rng gods were on my side i guess. Later today i logged in again to do some desynthesis and i crushed 18 bridesmaid's tights in a row, after that i got a twinthread and then crushed another 15 bridesmaid's tights.
Is there something like a fixed yes or no possiblity of success or failure or maybe should i wait an ingame minute before try another attempt of desynthesis? I guess i just was really really unlucky but maybe there is something i didn't knew.

thanks in advance!

RNJesus altered the deal. Pray he doesn't alter it further.

I swear for the past 7 hours i've been trying t5 in duty finder. The turns are the only thing i have left in terms of progression..... ;_; i have yet to find a single decent group

T12 PFs are humbling. I miss our whm so much.

I swear for the past 7 hours i've been trying t5 in duty finder. The turns are the only thing i have left in terms of progression..... ;_; i have yet to find a single decent group

We enjoy carrying people through 5 and EX primals on GAF. Are you not in the FC on ultros?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anyone with the guildwork client know if there's a way to extend your spam filter into the global shout? My filter has been working 100% on all /tell based spam but today a lot of shout spam has been getting by it.

ed: Oh, and putting the bots on blacklist doesn't even work. Seems like global shout feature overrides it.

Apoptomon

SMH, so much drama in CT. At least alliances B and C had their shit together, but A? The tanks were fighting and kept trying to vote dismiss each other, but they kept coming back after being kicked. Then halfway through, one of them drops and takes half of A with them.

EriksBlue

Banned

Never forget.

#DEADGAME

Stuart444

What do you guys do when you have so many classes leveled that you run out of room (mostly) in the armoury chest? Do you dedicate one retainer to gear sets of classes you aren't using much or?

What do you guys do when you have so many classes leveled that you run out of room (mostly) in the armoury chest? Do you dedicate one retainer to gear sets of classes you aren't using much or?

Yes. One retainer for all the old gear. You may have to get a second one to hold all that gear.

Anyone actually try farming tier II materia with any success? I'm probably going to try tomorrow with 5 sets of lvl 30+ gear in urths fount.

I was trying to meld materia to a bravura novus scroll, but I strenuously reject the idea of paying 60 fucking K for some god damn tier II Savage Aim. That's just bullshit. I'm not sure at all what happened, but when I was still working on my Longinus this shit was like less then 5k most of the time.

Anyone actually try farming tier II materia with any success? I'm probably going to try tomorrow with 5 sets of lvl 30+ gear in urths fount.

I was trying to meld materia to a bravura novus scroll, but I strenuously reject the idea of paying 60 fucking K for some god damn tier II Savage Aim. That's just bullshit. I'm not sure at all what happened, but when I was still working on my Longinus this shit was like less then 5k most of the time.

You can either lament it, or take advantage of it. I paid for my entire set of tier IV savage aim and might materias through selling tier II at around 60k each. I spiritbonded the gear while leveling alt classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom