• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
These RMT spammers can seriously fuck off. They banned 8 thousand accounts for doing that shit and what does it do? Absolutely nothing when I can't even log in 10mins before a raid without getting bombarded every single minute of that.

Amazing to see the OF full of people who are all like "stop complaining that they aren't anything, they just banned this many people, they dun gud". Bullshit "they dun gud", I have never seen an mmo with spam this bad.

I just started playing again, and holy shit, you are right. This is ridiculous how much spam there is. Is there really no way to easily filter it out? I get at least one a minute.

Sorian

Banned
These RMT spammers can seriously fuck off. They banned 8 thousand accounts for doing that shit and what does it do? Absolutely nothing when I can't even log in 10mins before a raid without getting bombarded every single minute of that.

Amazing to see the OF full of people who are all like "stop complaining that they aren't anything, they just banned this many people, they dun gud". Bullshit "they dun gud", I have never seen an mmo with spam this bad.

cry moar

Redx508

"Hello my friend"

let me tell you about the Guildwork Client PC ONLY

Add your character before using the Guildwork Client.
Download the client and install it.
Run FINAL FANTASY XIV and wait till the Guildwork Client asks you to login.
Type /gw login EMAIL PASSWORD in the game chat. (you only need to do this once)

now with that done go to the settings page go down to "Chat Filter Patterns" and add all this text in the box http://pastebin.com/y39f90Nx and don't forget to hit save

this will filter out most of the rmt and you can always add more patterns later on

Kule

Took a months break because I burned out and came back to finish 2.55 and wow the tone has moved a long way from the power fantasy ending of 2.0. Optimistic for 3.0 now.

Drac

Finally downed T13 \o/ Was only with 2 other people of my group and the first static of my FC who downed it before but am I glad I got to kill it in its intended glory
a little sad it wasn't with my full group, but now I'll be in a better mood for wipes with them

"Hello my friend"

now with that done go to the settings page go down to "Chat Filter Patterns" and add all this text in the box http://pastebin.com/y39f90Nx and don't forget to hit save

this will filter out most of the rmt and you can always add more patterns later on

Very nice, thanks a lot for this suggestion. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Laekon

"Hello my friend"

Doesn't SE have an issue with add ons like this? I thought I heard you can get your account banned.

Aselith

If you download the trial version of FF14 on Steam can you then keep playing with your regular account?

I just started playing again, and holy shit, you are right. This is ridiculous how much spam there is. Is there really no way to easily filter it out? I get at least one a minute.

I just moved /tell to a separate tab and turned off the sound. Send me a letter if you want to chat!

Reveirg

Sent my GAF FC application (guildworks and in-game) two days ago and no answer yet. Is that standard delay or should I contact someone directly?

I'm pretty sure the new trial is the worst fight ever created in a MMO. It's so fucking stupid. I pretty much hate every fight where cannons and shit are involved anyways.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Cracked on turned on guildwork today and I feel liberated from spam bots. I have not gotten a single spam tell thru my single line filter today. I even managed to see my first /tell in this game from an actual human being and made a new friend while camping an animus fate together. I'm so happy you guys.

psy18

*sigh
Of all the things I thought will make me quit the game... Didn't expect FC drama makes me reluctant to go online...

Going to save those crysta until heavenward while hoping my FC leader can sort things out... Already got bloodborne, dks2 sotfs, and gta v lined up for this month too...

One of you officers, please make me GAF gold. I've been active and friendly long enough. If it takes donations, I have lunicia's number on speed dial, I can get you Gil no problem, no problem.

Let's work this out.

Jijidasu

The RMT spam complaints I see all over the place (reddit/here, etc) are really that much of a common thing for you folk on the English speaking servers? It's been more than a year since I've had a tell from any RMT sellers on Durandal. It's probably just that on Durandal everyone is so filthy rich from the legacy days that no one buys gil!

Hasney

Sent my GAF FC application (guildworks and in-game) two days ago and no answer yet. Is that standard delay or should I contact someone directly?

I've done the same to rejoin so it's not just you. Hopefully soon though as it feels far too silent without being in it like I was last time!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
From what I gather tellspam isn't a thing on Japanese servers but people still buy gil so either STF works better there or sellers don't feel the need to expose themselves and that's why SE is clueless.

From what I gather tellspam isn't a thing on Japanese servers but people still buy gil so either STF works better there or sellers don't feel the need to expose themselves and that's why SE is clueless.

I remember reading a post that said it has to do with money transfer restrictions in Japan and/or China? It's been awhile since I read it and I have no sources to back up whether it's true or not. Basically, there's no point in advertising on JP data centers if there's little to profit from it.

Or their STF really is that much better. *shrug*

In general though, SE's native player base (or at least their data centers) have a higher a priority than their international players. If it's not a problem for JP players, then it's easier to put aside. I'm not excusing SE or saying it's right or wrong, it's just how it is. It was the same in XI too.

Edit: Something else to add. A recent example would be the implementation of the Triple Triad Tournament. Both JP and international players were clamoring about it. A statement was promptly given by Yoshida and was temporarily addressed in this recent patch. This was done within the span of roughly two months. Now how long have the non-JP data center players clamored about RMT spam?

yaffi

Edit: Something else to add. A recent example would be the implementation of the Triple Triad Tournament. Both JP and international players were clamoring about it. A statement was promptly given by Yoshida and was temporarily addressed in this recent patch. This was done within the span of roughly two months. Now how long have the non-JP data center players clamored about RMT spam?

So what you're saying is we should create alts on japanese servers and fake RMT spam?

Kouriozan

I'm on Pheonix and I don't get that much gold seller spam, I'd say, a whisper every 2/3 days or something.
Of course it's instantly black listed.

Oh and sometime I also get weird friend request spam too, from level 1 characters with weird names.
I have to quickly click no and add him/her on my BL otherwise I get another request in 10 sec.

Jijidasu

So what you're saying is we should create alts on japanese servers and fake RMT spam?

That kind of behaviour didn't work out well for the people who came to complain about server problems when the game launched. Those couple of days were a really awful display of humanity, ugh.

Aselith

Just opened the Coil raids... do you have to do them in a particular order or can you just select whichever is open to you even if you haven't done the prior turns?

BadRNG

Just opened the Coil raids... do you have to do them in a particular order or can you just select whichever is open to you even if you haven't done the prior turns?
You can do any individual turn amongst that set(first, second, final), but have to do the last of each one to unlock the next. So T5 to unlock T6-T9 and T9 to unlock T10-T13. But you could do JUST T5, T9, and then have all turns unlocked. The inbetween turns are not actually required anymore.

Aselith

You can do any individual turn amongst that set(first, second, final), but have to do the last of each one to unlock the next. So T5 to unlock T6-T9 and T9 to unlock T10-T13. But you could do JUST T5, T9, and then have all turns unlocked. The inbetween turns are not actually required anymore.

Ah cool but I'd assume you want to figure out what items you want and what turn they drop in or can anything drop anywhere?

BadRNG

Ah cool but I'd assume you want to figure out what items you want and what turn they drop in or can anything drop anywhere?
Yeah, you should look at a loot list like the one here to get an idea of what you want where. (Worth noting the Allagan/High Allagan left side monk loot is wearable by NIN)

ebil

I barely ever get RMT tells on Ragnarok (maybe 1-2 per week), but that probably also has to do with the heavy new character creation restriction and congestion on this particular server (and I imagine most really populated servers). I recently created a character on Ultros to test the waters and spam was really bad even during EU times.

Hasney

Damn, I can't get my keyboard working on the PS4 anymore. Anyone else had that trouble with the Logitech k400r?

EDIT: Fixed it. Forgot I had 2 different receivers. Paired it on my laptop and it works fine now.

Can't find competent people to run the trial with?

To be fair, I've only tried it twice in duty finder, but it was pure chaos, lol. And stupid.

Lol, the struggle is real. I really don't unstated how people can have a hard time operating the cannons, like, move the circle over the big scary thing and left click/press x. Ex pz

Operating cannons is extremely easy, but it's just boring and I don't think it belongs in any fight. I'd prefer using my own character that I leveled and their abilities during boss encounters. I also think the second to last story raid is a terribly designed one because of that very reason. Especially the final boss, ugh. Can basically just afk on that fight because of how it works.

XenoRaven

I'm on Adamantoise and I was getting constant tells with gil seller spam during the final cutscenes. I should have just turned tells off.

creid

The RMT spam complaints I see all over the place (reddit/here, etc) are really that much of a common thing for you folk on the English speaking servers? It's been more than a year since I've had a tell from any RMT sellers on Durandal. It's probably just that on Durandal everyone is so filthy rich from the legacy days that no one buys gil!
I'm on an English Legacy server, and it has gotten really bad in the last month or so. In the evenings I may get one every few minutes.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I have been playing this game since November of last year on Ultros and there has never been a point where RMT spam wasn't a huge problem. The only thing that is sporadic is how often they rely on the friend request annoyance. I didn't get the first one of those for a month or two after I started but in the last month or so they have been much more frequent. I'm up to about 5-7 friend requests per day that I notice while idling to feed my chocobo.

After my first month I removed the sound effect for tells and hid them in another chat tab where I ignored the whole /tell functionality of the game ever since. Until yesterday where I turned on guildwork with the filter "000\s*[kK]" and haven't gotten a single spammer tell since (though they are still being added to my alt-R reply list, which is mildly annoying).

Sorian

Banned
Because of walls, man. THE WALLSSSSS.

Right but if you are even in the ballpark of the middle of the arena, you won't come close to the wall. The divebomb knock back is bigger and that one already doesn't usually hit people into the walls.

Source: I've felt the pain of both many times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom