• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drac

One, flipping, percent, WIPE!

5th Akh Morn. T_T

Hallow that shit. (you're a WAR right ? our WAR Holmgang the second one I think)

Best T13 wipes are when ranged dps go back in group with twister after earth shaker.

Also can we talk about how great that music change is for P3 > P4 ? Hnnnnn I just can't get bored of it no matter how many times we do it.

After doing it with both 2 PLD and 1 PLD 1 WAR combo, being a MNK myself, the second group makes this fights so much easier.

On the other hand, the music from the first phase gets quite boring after a few weeks of wiping.

But yeah the fight's atmosphere with the music is great. Even the other sounds, Akh Morn sounds really cool, gives it a ton of impact even if you don't necessarily see it due to being behind the boss and pretty far and stuff.

Overall I really liked T13, it was a good combination of skill based mechanics, reactive random stuff and timed/rotation based stuff, a lot of pressure the entire time due to pretty good tuning(even when technically "outgeared" in full 130) and a really cool fight artistically too.

Tabris

1 - PLD uses Sentinel, WAR uses Inner Beast + Thrill of Battle
2 - PLD uses every single cooldown except HG and Sentinel, WAR uses Inner Beast + Convalesce + Vengeance
3 - WAR provokes during Gigaflare, then uses Holmgang at 80% of HP, it will last all hits. PLD vokes back on last Ahk Morn hit. It's stupid to Holmgang the 2nd Ahk Morn when you can use all that Holmgang goodness for more hits.
4 - Both WAR and PLD use every single cooldown they have (except HG and Holmgang)
5 - Hallowed Ground (we don't see this Ahk Morn anymore so we may change this order, but we also don't take much damage during the 4th Ahk Morn either as we're using all cooldowns)

Make sure SMN, and SCH are doing eye for eyes appropriately, as well as Viruses.

Tabris

Straight lines too hard.

(This isn't sarcasm. I mean it. Literally the hardest part of the fight for me is figuring out where a straight line from Twin is. I'm usually pretty sure I'm right until she starts to dive, then realize I've made a huge mistake.)

Overcompensate. All you do is once bahamut drops, spin your camera and find him, once green target drops, start moving to your spot (via the straight line to the outside then curve towards your spot) and then while moving, spin your camera around to find twin and then overcompensate into your buddy's position if it looks like twin may be heading to you, then overcompensate your movement back to your position as soon as twin starts streaking (remember the animation doesn't hit you, just the position you were at when twin starts).

Sometimes we'll have 3 people stacked up to overcompensate for a twin streak but as long as you're moving right after there's timing between the beginning of that streak and megaflare lasers.

We don't get hit by dive-bombs anymore. Well except once in a blue moon due to lag or farming fatigue.

studyguy

Ah T13 damage is so fun. Meanwhile at my HP bar...
giphy.gif

Stuart444

Thanks to Kru, Mature, King Gilga, Zalasta, Vic and Arxus (who also got his first clear), me and Alice were able to beat Titan Extreme finally. I think I have the whole fight memorized now haha.

It's a fun fight. But I'm glad it's off my "Do before Heavensward" list. Next up, Ifrit Extreme. (or Shiva Extreme depending on how I feel. Saving Odin til last though)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Thanks to Kru, Mature, King Gilga, Zalasta, Vic and Arxus (who also got his first clear), me and Alice were able to beat Titan Extreme finally. I think I have the whole fight memorized now haha.

It's a fun fight. But I'm glad it's off my "Do before Heavensward" list. Next up, Ifrit Extreme. (or Shiva Extreme depending on how I feel. Saving Odin til last though)

Not a great idea. It's already barely done at all - reasonably so. Although I guess it doesn't matter if you've got FC help.

Stuart444

Not a great idea. It's already barely done at all - reasonably so. Although I guess it doesn't matter if you've got FC help.

Heh, I know it's barely done based on the last time I tried to DF it so yeah, was just planning on asking FC to help. (though I have considered PFing it just to see what happens lol)

WolvenOne

Hallow that shit. (you're a WAR right ? our WAR Holmgang the second one I think)

Best T13 wipes are when ranged dps go back in group with twister after earth shaker.

Also can we talk about how great that music change is for P3 > P4 ? Hnnnnn I just can't get bored of it no matter how many times we do it.

After doing it with both 2 PLD and 1 PLD 1 WAR combo, being a MNK myself, the second group makes this fights so much easier.

Well I had to spend Holmgang to survive Gigaflare, which was probably a mistake, but my health was low enough going into it that I wasn't confident that I could survive it. So,Vengeance and Inner Beast. Survived the first two hits, died on the third, then the PLD died and Bakamutt started picking off the rest of the party. Gonna play extra defensive next time and keep Defiance on after Megaflares. Not only does that negate the need for me spend CDs to survive crap, but its a few less buttons to push when I'm preparing to take a Morn to the face.

Granted, that makes life marginally more difficult for DPS, but they're geared enough that they really shouldn't be leaning on Warrior DPS to clear this.

Sorry, ended up thiking aloud here.

Tabris

WAR should only be in defiance for the 4 sets of Ahk Morn they are taking. Should be out of defiance the rest of the phase.

WolvenOne

BTW, according to Famitsu, the Duty Finder was recently reworked, to favor finding groups with first time players. This would probably explain the recent rash of Titan HM's I've ended up in, which contained numerous new players. XD

Not even mad, unless I'm in an instance for a REALLY long time I can usually laugh about a few wipes.

xxczx

Three hours trying to clear Steps of Faith. Three hours.

Last group was a blast to play with though. Nobody got mad, we continued at 15~min left, got to last 5 min and ALL my armour broke. Managed to stay alive at 4k health and everyone broke out laughing.

studyguy

Three hours trying to clear Steps of Faith. Three hours.

Last group was a blast to play with though. Nobody got mad, we continued at 15~min left, got to last 5 min and ALL my armour broke. Managed to stay alive at 4k health and everyone broke out laughing.

Did you win at least?

Stuart444

Got Ifrit down, first time. Very nice considering Alice, aka the healer was new to the fight.

So thanks Kagari, Dani, Galen, Felix, Zalasta and Korra for helping us through it. Appreciated. :D

Astra

Wow, SE customer support is something else. I purchased a fantasia, and forgot you have to specify the character it gets sent to, so it ended up going to the wrong character. My mistake, of course, but was hoping SE would help me correct it. I contact support, and of course they're no help, but some of the stuff he said made me laugh.

First he says there is no way to send it to a character, then proceed to say there actually IS a way.
Then there is "Square Enix Japan does not believe in reimbursements, "crediting", or refunds." Oh they don't BELIEVE in it.
and the best line "And we are customer support, not customer service."

Oh Agent Joel.

Guess I'll just eat the loss, but at least I can a chuckle out of it.

Redx508

1 - PLD uses Sentinel, WAR uses Inner Beast + Thrill of Battle
2 - PLD uses every single cooldown except HG and Sentinel, WAR uses Inner Beast + Convalesce + Vengeance
3 - WAR provokes during Gigaflare, then uses Holmgang at 80% of HP, it will last all hits. PLD vokes back on last Ahk Morn hit. It's stupid to Holmgang the 2nd Ahk Morn when you can use all that Holmgang goodness for more hits.
4 - Both WAR and PLD use every single cooldown they have (except HG and Holmgang)
5 - Hallowed Ground (we don't see this Ahk Morn anymore so we may change this order, but we also don't take much damage during the 4th Ahk Morn either as we're using all cooldowns)

Make sure SMN, and SCH are doing eye for eyes appropriately, as well as Viruses.

holy shit tabris is the best tank I just did this and got a clear 10/10 will recommend to friends #cornpizza

NeOak

How is Sargatanas? I was thinking of rolling an alt or transferring my main.

I'm going to play with a friend of mine from Australia, so I'd like to know if the server is active at all times or not.

WolvenOne

So, after months of work, numerous setbacks, spending millions of gil bankrolling my static group in terms of X-pots, armor, food items, crafting materials, etc.

T13, finally, flipping, CLEARED!!

And yes, coat dropped first turn, so I can safely retire to Mexico now.

kiryogi

Banned
Once my Paladin reaches ilvl130, think it is time to finally attempt turn 6 lol

Well everyone plays at their own pace!

How is Sargatanas? I was thinking of rolling an alt or transferring my main.

I'm going to play with a friend of mine from Australia, so I'd like to know if the server is active at all times or not.

Hrm what time zone are you? We do have an aussie population. Infact, I static with aussies. Although in USA Pacific.

So, after months of work, numerous setbacks, spending millions of gil bankrolling my static group in terms of X-pots, armor, food items, crafting materials, etc.

T13, finally, flipping, CLEARED!!

And yes, coat dropped first turn, so I can safely retire to Mexico now.

tune in for the next episode in the story of wolvenone complaining about not beating raids in the expansion

iammeiam

Screwing around on classes I don't know how to play severely cut in to my PoE time today.

How am I supposed to beat it before Xenoblade comes out if this keeps up?

yes this includes Bard in T9 shut up Galen.

Aselith

CT loves me! My first run I got an unencrypted tomestone, Scylla pants and a Demon casting hat which bumped me up about 12 levels after I got my Book of Diamonds.

EZiest rolls of my life.

scy

Screwing around on classes I don't know how to play severely cut in to my PoE time today.

I am at the exact same spot I was yesterday except now without one of my party members bugged to super slow movement. Progress is overrated.

...plus, it also means no more misadventures of "Everyone's life is shit." So that's a positive thing. Maybe?

Hasney

Based on playing and getting hooked again the last 4 months, I've pre-ordered the physical collectors edition. God help us all.

I got the PS3 collectors edition for cheap, but I can't see the price bombing if it's only coming out on the SE store over here. I'm now just a bit peeved I'll have to buy the expansion on PC separately once I upgrade.

Tash

I swear, T13 is trolling us..
While we consistently got to the add phase to practice divebombs, yesterday it was a total disaster. People got killed by megaflare despite stacking and despite being full health several times. Freezes in T13 also totally piss me off. I never had issues but it started about 2 weeks ago and since then I do have freezes of up to 10 seconds (which, needless to say, is a wipe in pretty much all cases)..

Also, why is it that everyone always goes like "oh yeah WHM heals with Eos and the SCH does damage" - yeah, that definitely does not work for us..

edit: Also been farming earlier turns..still not the healer loot I was looking for. Freaking Pants and necklace can go diaf..

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I swear, T13 is trolling us..
While we consistently got to the add phase to practice divebombs, yesterday it was a total disaster. People got killed by megaflare despite stacking and despite being full health several times. Freezes in T13 also totally piss me off. I never had issues but it started about 2 weeks ago and since then I do have freezes of up to 10 seconds (which, needless to say, is a wipe in pretty much all cases)..

Also, why is it that everyone always goes like "oh yeah WHM heals with Eos and the SCH does damage" - yeah, that definitely does not work for us..

edit: Also been farming earlier turns..still not the healer loot I was looking for. Freaking Pants and necklace can go diaf..

Is your sch using dps/fairy heal macros?

Had 2474 points from the TT tourney and got three platinum triad packs. Someone else in the FC got over 2500 points and got three packs as well

We can confirm Shiva, Lahabrea, Ultima Weapon, Nanamo and Tidus are part of the pack. One of the TT sites list Cecil, Firion and Lightning to be the other cards in the pack

Tash

Is your sch using dps/fairy heal macros?

I don't use dps macros except <tt> and <t> on my damage spells so I can keep the tank as target.
I am controlling Eos manually (placement, healing and her CDs). Depending on the phase I spam her embrace together with my own heals (not macroed but two target healing) or I let her heal on her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom