• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cømet;159210949 said:
So hi guys. I've been playing the free trial on PS4 the last few days, recently hit level 20 on my first character and am looking to buy into the game now.

Problem is I want digital (UK), and I have no idea how or where to buy a code. No where seems to have a digital code for this game! Halp!

Don't you just buy the game from PSN?

Cømet;159211639 said:
It's like £30 on the Sony store, surely it can be had for cheaper elsewhere? Physical copies can be had for half that price.

Along those lines- I don't suppose I can just buy this http://www.game.co.uk/en/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-60-day-timecard-244771 and be able to keep going can I?

The physical version probably comes with a card with an activation code, right? If you confirm that, you could just buy that and enter the code on mognet probably. The disc is just for the install as far as I know. The client is already on your system anyway.

WolvenOne

On this topic, still waiting for Heavensward to show up on the Steam store. i REALLY hope that it shows up early enough for me to get in on early access and all that.

Also waiting on preorders for PSN :(. I can dream that they will at least mention which month they will be up on Saturday.. right?

But in any case, I know later down the line I'll end up with a PC copy too for when I want to craft/gather and use the tv for netflix :D.

Stuart444

Mmm, the last few ranks of Ixali dailies are a LOT easier if you have at least one crafting class at 50.

And, yeah, I suspect that getting classes to 30 is the intended use of the Ixali dailies. Getting them to 30 via dailies is pretty darn easy, but, it slows down a LOT after that point.

Yeah, I already have several at 50 (though I use my first 50 for the crafting aspects, my CUL) so that helps.

So the more I get to 30, the less leves I have to use to get my non-50s to 50 is how I see it now. Especially because I'll probably slow down on the Ixalis once I start the other beast tribes/have Ixalis at max.

BadRNG

Cømet;159211639 said:
It's like £30 on the Sony store, surely it can be had for cheaper elsewhere? Physical copies can be had for half that price.
If you want digital PS4 version there's not many options outside of going through Sony. Just buying time card won't work, you need the actual game code.

The physical version probably comes with a card with an activation code, right? If you confirm that, you could just buy that and enter the code on mognet probably. The disc is just for the install as far as I know. The client is already on your system anyway.
I remember people complaining about this, and google backs it up, that's only for PS3 version. You need the disc for PS4 for authentication purposes. Unless that's changed? Pretty dumb if not.

On this topic, still waiting for Heavensward to show up on the Steam store. i REALLY hope that it shows up early enough for me to get in on early access and all that.
It will, early access is only a few days before release, and Steam will have it up well before then.

spooky

Cømet

Banned
If you want digital PS4 version there's not many options outside of going through Sony. Just buying time card won't work, you need the actual game code.

I remember people complaining about this, and google backs it up, that's only for PS3 version. You need the disc for PS4 for authentication purposes. Unless that's changed? Pretty dumb if not.

That sucks. They always overcharge, and I really wanted to play disc-free (partially because of the issue you mention in the same post. Dumb as hell). I don't get how so few places could stock digital copies in this day and age. What the hell!

Cømet;159215257 said:
That sucks. They always overcharge, and I really wanted to play disc-free (partially because of the issue you mention in the same post. Dumb as hell). I don't get how so few places could stock digital copies in this day and age. What the hell!

I don't think psn versions ever really have digital codes outside of psn. I remember a few years ago, I think, there were some digital codes available on Amazon for the US for some games. I think I might have even bought one, some small indie game probably.

Though, there have been recent sales on the game on psn I think. I briefly browse here, reddit, and official forums so I get mixed up on where I saw what. Maybe you can wait for another sale?

Cømet

Banned
I don't think psn versions ever really have digital codes outside of psn. I remember a few years ago, I think, there were some digital codes available on Amazon for the US for some games. I think I might have even bought one, some small indie game probably.

Though, there have been recent sales on the game on psn I think. I briefly browse here, reddit, and official forums so I get mixed up on where I saw what. Maybe you can wait for another sale?

If it happens before my trial period expires :p Will probably crumble and order a physical copy, I wanna get on with levelling my gladiator class again!

BadRNG

Cømet;159217948 said:
If it happens before my trial period expires :p Will probably crumble and order a physical copy, I wanna get on with levelling my gladiator class again!
I did some more googling, and according to this recent thread you can continue using the trial client as a main one and you won't need the disc other than to register after all. You only need disc is you installed client completely from disc.

Since it uses the free trial client, I am guessing the old posts I was looking at (and the complaints I was remembering) were from before there was any trial available.

Valus

What's the best way to get caught up to speed with this game? I quit after Leviathan came out so my ilvl is very low.

Shamdeo

What's the best way to get caught up to speed with this game? I quit after Leviathan came out so my ilvl is very low.

Continue where you left off in the main scenario, and work on unlocking all the dungeons and trials that have come out since. That'll earn you a bit of currency to buy some higher iLvl gear.

The last story trial requires iLvl 90, which isn't too hard to get these days.

Shamdeo

lalafellu4ts4k.gif

dcye

Big Fishing is hitting the progression wall for me now. Around 70 fish and the last 30-odd remaining are triple mooches, intuition into mooches or extremely short windows (Vip Viper wtf). Frustrating.

In related news, Kuno the Killer is an insane troll. I've fished like 45 Kuno windows, only had 3 intuitions, never had a HQ Betta during any of those 3 and I haven't even had a HQ Goldfish in my last 4 full 8-10hour windows. Fuck that fish.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

I'm afraid I can't take seriously a guy with a Wakka user pic.

Big Fishing is hitting the progression wall for me now. Around 70 fish and the last 30-odd remaining are triple mooches, intuition into mooches or extremely short windows (Vip Viper wtf). Frustrating.

In related news, Kuno the Killer is an insane troll. I've fished like 45 Kuno windows, only had 3 intuitions, never had a HQ Betta during any of those 3 and I haven't even had a HQ Goldfish in my last 4 full 8-10hour windows. Fuck that fish.

Blood-red Bonytongue can go mooch itself.

Semper88

Still going for that endgame i see, just give up ;)

Skulldead

Yesterday i just re-open my account. Been 1 years since the last time i played (1 week before the 2.2). Everything is a little overwhelming, but i have a lot content to tackle. My biggest surprise Dark/Relic Tier don't exist anymore, we can directly go to level 100 stuff.... It's really piss me off a little. I was raiding like a Maniac to get 90-95 stuff, and now you can get 100 just by doing simple dungeon. I know it's normal after 1 years but still. I have to farm dungeon and roulette to be able to do something because all my gears is now useless.

I also have a little question ? Is there only 4 tribe right now ? or there is more ? Thank you

iammeiam

Seriously though, later today I want to do as close to an all-party i70 run of Titan EX. Then we'll see if it's still "casual".

If we're throwing out desperate ideas for ways to kill time: Permadeath coil. Start at T1, rezzes not allowed. If you die in a turn you are dead not only for that turn, but the remainder of the run. You queue in and go sit in the wall/do nothing on any or all subsequent turns, see how far a random GAF group can get before it is a lost cause. I'd guess T4, with all but like 2 people dead by the end of T3.

...you could theoretically do the same thing with EX primals I guess.

plake

Yesterday i just re-open my account. Been 1 years since the last time i played (1 week before the 2.2). Everything is a little overwhelming, but i have a lot content to tackle. My biggest surprise Dark/Relic Tier don't exist anymore, we can directly go to level 100 stuff.... It's really piss me off a little. I was raiding like a Maniac to get 90-95 stuff, and now you can get 100 just by doing simple dungeon. I know it's normal after 1 years but still. I have to farm dungeon and roulette to be able to do something because all my gears is now useless.

I also have a little question ? Is there only 4 tribe right now ? or there is more ? Thank you

If this makes you upset an MMORPG might not be for you as they are literally designed this way in order to keep people signed up and playing.

There are 5. The Ixali are new. http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Beast_Tribe_Quests

If we're throwing out desperate ideas for ways to kill time: Permadeath coil. Start at T1, rezzes not allowed. If you die in a turn you are dead not only for that turn, but the remainder of the run. You queue in and go sit in the wall/do nothing on any or all subsequent turns, see how far a random GAF group can get before it is a lost cause. I'd guess T4, with all but like 2 people dead by the end of T3.

OMG YES SIGN ME UP.

plake

i said i was a little, i will adapt myself to this change ;). it will help to make the extreme a little less punishing... i guess

Thank you, I'll look for the other tribe tonight !

np it's just an ever-repeating pattern. Be glad you didn't spend as much time on i100 and i110 gear as the rest of us did as we're now drowning in them (and they're useless compared to i130 gear), lol.

The Ixali is crafting focused so try to get a crafter (I recommend CUL) to 15 as maxed out Ixali rank is an easy way to make money.

Cømet

Banned
I did some more googling, and according to this recent thread you can continue using the trial client as a main one and you won't need the disc other than to register after all. You only need disc is you installed client completely from disc.

Since it uses the free trial client, I am guessing the old posts I was looking at (and the complaints I was remembering) were from before there was any trial available.

That's great news, thanks for that! Bought a copy of teh bay, gets here tomorrow. Will work on a conjurer til then in prep for my paladin. I guess it'll be nice to both have the box for my shelf and be able to play without the disc, kinda both having the cake and being able to eat it. Makes a nice change!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

We should do all tank T9.

studyguy

Morning
dedgaem.
Apparently all I do now is log in, maybe do daily quests. Run some chocobo races and wait for the weekend for coil. What are you guys doing these days?

Tiops

The joys of being really late on the game content: early clearers are claiming that the game is dead while I'm still doing the main quest and looking for a static group for FCoB and Heavensward content.

The bad part is that everything is dated and irrelevant by now, but let's ignore those little detais.

studyguy

The joys of being really late on the game content: early clearers are claiming that the game is dead while I'm still doing the main quest and looking for a static group for FCoB and Heavensward content.

The bad part is that everything is dated and irrelevant by now, but let's ignore those little detais.

If you're having fun, it's all good my man.
I'm racing chocobos with my FC mates and having a blast fucking eachother each race so it evens out .

pablito

Morning
dedgaem.
Apparently all I do now is log in, maybe do daily quests. Run some chocobo races and wait for the weekend for coil. What are you guys doing these days?

All I seem to do these days is log on, make a PF for T13 learning, nobody joins, /cry and log off lol.

On Hyperion, and there seems to be less coil in PF than when it wasn't farmable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom