• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Got a very stupid question...

I live in Japan and used to play this game in one of the Japan servers. None of the people I used to play with play anymore so I decided to see if I could play some with you guys, even though I'd start from zero and it will take forever to reach a level with which anyone would even want to play with me.. :p

Now, what I was thinking, and here's the stupid question (maybe)... would the game lag too much for me if I was playing from Japan? Or should I be ok?
Also, what server should I join? It seems Ultros is the main one?

You'd probably be ok but why leave the promised land of lag-fee mudra.

Also why not transfer characters so you wouldn't have to start from scratch.

Mik2121

You'd probably be ok but why leave the promised land of lag-fee mudra.

Also why not transfer characters so you wouldn't have to start from scratch.

Well, playing with other people is always more fun. On the server I'm now I'm alone and that kinda... sucks.
As for sending my character, I guess I could do that as well but it's not like I was too high level and it costs some money so I might as well go and make a new character.. :p

If it can be laggy or something then I might stop.

Hasney

Well, playing with other people is always more fun. On the server I'm now I'm alone and that kinda... sucks.
As for sending my character, I guess I could do that as well but it's not like I was too high level and it costs some money so I might as well go and make a new character.. :p

Can't see it being too bad if you've got an alright connection. I mean all the EU servers are in NA anyway.

BadRNG

Do you play on PC? If so you can use a free service like WTFast for lag issues. But there are a lot of players far from the servers that do everything fine.

If you're making a new character anyway it's worth trying. This game would be pretty boring without an active group to play with. Oh and Ultros is the main GAF server, yeah.

Mik2121

Can't see it being too bad if you've got an alright connection. I mean all the EU servers are in NA anyway.
Makes sense. I will give it a try.

Do you play on PC? If so you can use a free service like WTFast for lag issues. But there are a lot of players far from the servers that do everything fine.

If you're making a new character anyway it's worth trying. This game would be pretty boring without an active group to play with. Oh and Ultros is the main GAF server, yeah.

I'm on PS4. Now to decide what character to make...

Hmmm, Heavensward preorder hasn't ended up on PSN yet, has it? I wonder if I should preorder a physical copy. I don't know, I'd rather do it via PSN. I also don't even know if PSN people would get early access.

Hasney

Hmmm, Heavensward preorder hasn't ended up on PSN yet, has it? I wonder if I should preorder a physical copy. I don't know, I'd rather do it via PSN. I also don't even know if PSN people would get early access.

It's in the FAQ on the forums. It will go up on PSN and have early access.

Jeels

Congrats to Drama and group for the T13 clear.

And thanks to everyone that helped me through T10 yesterday.

In other news, it will feel really weird not having this to work towards...I said I wouldn't start the 2.55 story until I finished this so it's finally time to see what all the hype's been about:

CCZsam7UEAApFNy.jpg:large

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That emptiness of no relic grind.

Time for another \o/

It's sad but the same thing happened to me. I made it less than a week with my completed Loginus before I started working on my paladin relic.

Being able to farm light and collect dungeon atma at the same time is making the 2nd one a breeze compared to the first.

xxczx

Chugging my way through Hard Mode Dungeons since I haven't done any yet.

I also did T5 today! I've only done T2 and T4 before this since a friend just wanted to show me. I don't think I'll continue doing coils for a while :p

Linkark07

Banned
Have tried Titan extreme and yet, my groups have failed hard.

Best progress we have made is when Titan summons his adds. After that, almost everyone falls.

Does random groups work with this one?

Jijidasu

Might be a bit late but we have a small semi-active community on Durandal. We're all ex-pats in Japan. Content wise we usually mingle with other Japanese communities which I can introduce you to.

I also said semi-active, in total we have around 14 people but only 5-6 are active on a weekly basis. If you wanted to do 'stuff' you would have to look into joining the Japanese linkshells (again, I can invite you to those.) If you want some more information shoot me a PM!

Aselith

How high? Think of it as an investment of man hours how many will you save yourself with the transfer?

creid

Imagine the FFXIV trailer narrated by Midgardsormr; mocking you for your petty politics, your failures and weakness, and about the dragon's call of war to punish man for their sins. My hype levels would be at 11, minimum.
The English version would replace all that audio with "Die, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" because dragons don't like using a lot of words.

I just resubbed after a very long break. Currently an ilvl 88 Monk who has no clue how to Monk anymore. Oh dear.

Maybe I should just work on story missions to get through and be ready for expansion :O

So Alice and me got our T9 clears tonight. Took 2 runs, video (including the end of the first wipe just for fun lol):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqA4xRHFwhI

I was a bit of a poor DRG there. Tired + nervous = not a good combo lol. Still we beat him so I'm happy :D. Thank you to everyone that helped us in the run <3

Yes, as stu said thanks to everyone that helped us. Panic set in for me and well.. haha I made a few messups but I am so glad it's done :D.

Tomorrow will be the return of WP runs! Pray I get my drop :).

wanted to say congrats on carrying galen, but he didnt die. so I cant

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Is there any HD ver. of the new opening somewhere around the web to download?

the big fuck off essay I had to write today had its due date extended by a week because of moodle issues over the weekend

WHICH MEANS TONIGHT IT'S FARM TIME

WHO'S IN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom