• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Yoshida recently said that the 3 new jobs won't have Zodiac Relics. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???

Source: Reddit

It means the 60+ Alexandrite I'm sitting on are even more pointless now!

...I actually don't think this is all that surprising as an idea. The Zodiac relics are going to be easily outclassed by the Heavensward relics, so you'd have to be well and truly insane (crazier than the current multi-Zetas crazies) to do a Zeta on the new classes purely for glamour, then turn around and do the Heavesward relic for actual stats.

Seriously though what do I do with all this Alex.

Hasney

...I actually don't think this is all that surprising as an idea. The Zodiac relics are going to be easily outclassed by the Heavensward relics, so you'd have to be well and truly insane (crazier than the current multi-Zetas crazies) to do a Zeta on the new classes purely for glamour, then turn around and do the Heavesward relic for actual stats.

What if the new relics aren't as ostentatious and you have to glamour for the glowing? Fuck, better get this done now!

Yay for not doign relics! yay!

It will have something equally grindy to replace it though. Believe that.

The end of the zodiac quest line is only the beginning of another grind.

All I'm hoping for is to be able to skip a few quests depending on the state of your zodiac relic. yoshi pls

Finally WP drop! :D Now Copperbell mines hard.

You might not see it, but I'm totally shaking my fist in your general direction :mad:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
the big fuck off essay I had to write today had its due date extended by a week because of moodle issues over the weekend

WHICH MEANS TONIGHT IT'S FARM TIME

WHO'S IN?

Hmmmmm, what turns are you guys running?

For BiS (without doing Zeta) I need the ring from T11 and the Dreadwyrm Spear from T13.

For Glamour I still need Legs (T13), Boots (T12) and Earring (T12)

iammeiam

All them zeta relics and 90% has no clue how to use em for some serious deeps.

I can't be the only one who did Zeta specifically for a gear carry to mediocre DPS. Gear is a crutch which I will happily lean heavily on; if I wanted to actually play well I could have saved time and stuck with spaceship.

Hmmmmm, what turns are you guys running?

For BiS (without doing Zeta) I need the ring from T11 and the Dreadwyrm Spear from T13.

For Glamour I still need Legs (T13), Boots (T12) and Earring (T12)

I'm in for T12 and T11. I need pants.

anything but T10.

I still need NIN gear from 11 and 12, Slaying Earrings from 12

as for 13 I need NIN daggers and MNK pants & claws

so yeah. Preferably 13 if we can grab people to do it, but if not I'll do anything other than 10

Valor

anything but T10.

I still need NIN gear from 11 and 12, Slaying Earrings from 12

as for 13 I need NIN daggers and MNK pants & claws

so yeah. Preferably 13 if we can grab people to do it, but if not I'll do anything other than 10

Shouldn't you get a level 50 Ninja first?

Dead

well not really...yet
Just want to make sure of something

Can I play the character I created on PS4 on PC?

I understand I would basically have to buy the game again to get a PC key, but the account covers both platforms, so I should be able to continue with my PS4 chara.

Correct?

Valnen

Just want to make sure of something

Can I play the character I created on PS4 on PC?

I understand I would basically have to buy the game again to get a PC key, but the account covers both platforms, so I should be able to continue with my PS4 chara.

Correct?

Yes, you could play the same character on both platforms. The worst inconvienience being you'll have to set up your gearsets and hotbars again. Since for some inexplicable reason they aren't stored server side like WoW.

WolvenOne

I kinda hope that come expansion time there ends up being some use for Alexandrite; possibly for crafting accessories.

Edit: Actually, that'd be a darn good use. Just use them for crafting the new lvl59 accessories. People will gobble them up constantly for Spiritbinding purposes. That way people with a supply can work through them and people that want to make new accessories will need to do Hunts, or the Expert Daily, map, etc. This would keep a few of the time-wasting side-quests from 2.0 relevant for 3.0.

Ayumi

Yes, you could play the same character on both platforms. The worst inconvienience being you'll have to set up your gearsets and hotbars again. Since for some inexplicable reason they aren't stored server side like WoW.

This also means that I can play my Windows character on Mac when it's released, right?

XenoRaven

I will preface this by saying I don't really care one way or the other, but now that Square has put out a trailer with major story spoilers, should the ban on unmarked spoilers in this thread be lifted? I guess there are still spoilers that weren't in the trailer but I figured I'd ask.

IvorB

I will preface this by saying I don't really care one way or the other, but now that Square has put out a trailer with major story spoilers, should the ban on unmarked spoilers in this thread be lifted? I guess there are still spoilers that weren't in the trailer but I figured I'd ask.

I think unmarked spoilers are generally frowned upon across the whole forum (unless specified in the thread title) so I'm not sure allowing them here is a good idea.

Valor

watch me get the daggers later

WATCH ME
Watch you be able to use them in like two months? Sure.

I kinda hope that come expansion time there ends up being some use for Alexandrite; possibly for crafting accessories.

Edit: Actually, that'd be a darn good use. Just use them for crafting the new lvl59 accessories. People will gobble them up constantly for Spiritbinding purposes. That way people with a supply can work through them and people that want to make new accessories will need to do Hunts, or the Expert Daily, map, etc. This would keep a few of the time-wasting side-quests from 2.0 relevant for 3.0.

No.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Any good scholar guides out there? I think I am at a point of the game where I have to start learning more advanced aspects of the class. I feel like I'm falling short on healing on things like the Coils. Just want to get better at the game :)

Tiops

I was farming Shiva EX yesterday (for weapon and mount), and a STR geared warrior joined. He asked the PLD to solo tank because he wanted to DPS. People didn't like it, but accepted.

He ended up as the top DPS in the party... should I feel bad? I had no idea warriors could do that kind of damage. I'm pulling around 360 DPS with my fucking Rosenbogen (I really need a better weapon), but the guy ended up with 420.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I was farming Shiva EX yesterday (for weapon and mount), and a STR geared warrior joined. He asked the PLD to solo tank because he wanted to DPS. People didn't like it, but accepted.

He ended up as the top DPS in the party... should I feel bad? I had no idea warriors could do that kind of damage. I'm pulling around 360 DPS with my fucking Rosenbogen (I really need a better weapon), but the guy ended up with 420.

That sound okay for a bard with a 110? Warriors can push some really big numbers if you let them.

AwShucks

I'm sure this has been answered before so if anyone has a link to a helpful post that'd be great. Otherwise opinion/info is great too.

I'm curious how solo-able the game is? I keep reading good things about it and was previously thinking of trying to do FFXI again (which is mostly solo doable nowadays) but I've already played a ton of that game years and years ago. So now with the constant positive comments on gameplay and story, I'm curious about doing FFXIV. However, I don't have too much time on a daily basis or even on weekends, so being able to do a large amount of the game solo would be a huge selling point.

Valor

Care to expand on why you think this may be a bad idea? Really, I'm curious.

First, I'm of the mindset that you don't need to justify 2.0 sidequests in the expansion. I'm the kind who would rather wipe the slate clean and start fresh.

Second, Alexandrite is gated in the relic questline. You need to finish Animus books to acquire Alexandrite. Making that into something that is now sought after for means outside of relic progression is silly because you're going to end up alienating a decent chunk of the player base. If I'm a new player in 3.0 who is just starting out, I'm not going to get my old relic, get a zenith, get an atma, do 9 animus books so I can start farming out Alexandrite so I can craft new accessories or gear with it.

I just find that as a proposal with no clear understanding of how game progression should work. It's okay to throw away items you don't have a use for anymore. It's okay to make Alexandrite simply something that is used in a Relic Quest that people probably won't bother with when Heavensward comes out. Just because a small group of people have access to a large quantity of it doesn't mean that the game has to justify the fact that they farmed out that much of an optional and niche material.

Edit: I can understand making the stuff tradeable so that people who want it can get it from people who don't, but making it have a progression-based usage seems like a waste of time to me.

scy

Says a lot about me that this is what makes me sad.

iammeiam

Care to expand on why you think this may be a bad idea? Really, I'm curious.

Not me but untradable items as crafting mats is kind of a terrible idea. It renders Alex still worthless for most people who have it, since most people won't be crafters, and would create a massive supply shortfall since crafters would have to grind out the Alex themselves instead of being able to buy it/have buyers supply their own.

Removing the untradable aspect is a possibility, but there's no real incentive to do that vs just introducing yet another tome crafting mat.

Semper88

Warrior master race. Indeed if we can equip all strenght jewels and dont have to tank at all we can push 400+ depending on gear.

Warrior and SCH are prob the most OP class in the game.

Tiops

Says a lot about me that this is what makes me sad.
I'm already sad that I end up being the highest DPS in most of the parties I try. I'm a BRD with a 110 weapon :( . And I play Foe's every time for casters. Seeing the WAR at the top made things worse.

Its not unsurprising a STR WAR beat a bard. If he was so insistent on dpsing, it probably means he knew what he was doing, and it helps as a WAR, that he can eat aoes the regular dps cant to keep hitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom