• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

It was a lot more linear though and a lot of the shots of story characters were pretty incidental - for example, the Scions are established but it also works as some shots of random prayin' dudes makin' the prayer magic work if you have no idea what's going on. Whereas the shots in the Heavensward trailer are quite specific. I mean yeah, you'd struggle to map End of an Era to the FFXIV story without playing it but it still works as a little standalone thing, it's cool and linear and easy to follow.

Showed the new trailer to somebody I know, he was able to guess, what was going on fairly accurately. I think you're really underestimating the average persons ability to reconstruct a plot line with only pieces of implied information.

Also, similarly, I've shown people End of an Era in the past, and they ended up confused by it.

"Who are these people, why are they fighting, why are they ignoring that moon that's about to fall on them."

End of an Era is excellent, but it's hardly a clear self contained story.

I'm doing the dungeon atmas and was wondering, how do you guys keep track of how many dungeons you do? I've done Dzemael who knows how many times.

Random fun fact, Sastasha is apparently 'dank' according to the description.

Valor

Showed the new trailer to somebody I know, he was able to guess, what was going on fairly accurately. I think you're really underestimating the average persons ability to reconstruct a plot line with only pieces of implied information.

Also, similarly, I've shown people End of an Era in the past, and they ended up confused by it.

"Who are these people, why are they fighting, why are they ignoring that moon that's about to fall on them."

End of an Era is excellent, but it's hardly a clear self contained story.

Phillip is right. Someone needs to take away your comma privilege.

Sophia

Friends don't let friends comma splice their sentences.

I wanna show the new opening to my friends, but it's difficult because of the spoilers. It's pretty obvious what happens in it. :<

EriksBlue

Banned
You can pry, my commas, from, my cold dead, hands!

Someone get Nuadha, The Elements of Style.
snob1-210x146.gif

Zomba13

I should really try going through coil at some point. Like, I only beat T5 earlier this month or late last month or something. I'm just scared I'll mess up and people will get mad at me :(

Even if you can DF up to Turn 9 now and even if I've watched videos on how to deal with things and even if I'm tanking.

Unlike most people in here I'm still going through the main story, but I just had to pop in to say that the lead up to Titan is some nonsense. I mean, some filler quests until the game's ready to advance the plot is expected, but this was really crazy, sending me all across the world to put together a banquet while the world supposedly hangs in the balance as Titan approaches. Ah well. Hopefully the fight with Titan itself will be as epic as the buildup has tried to make it seem.

Cmagus

Finished my Zeta and got my Alchemy to level 50 finishing off all my crafts. All I have left is coil and Ninja which I have no interest in but it feels wrong leaving it at 22. Really hyped after seeing the Heavensward opening cinematic it looks like it will be pretty awesome but June is so far away :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I went back to XIV after a week or two of not playing it and for some reason my keyboard and mouse are having some weird problems during dungeons - both are randomly lagging, not responding etc. Using a Logitech MK270 combo on a PS4 and while the mouse was often freezing in place before (buttons would work, movement didn't) which required me to loosen the battery to restart it that way (the on/off button didn't help), this is a new level of 'what the hell is happening'.
Did anyone else start having problems after the latest PS4 firmware update/latest FFXIV patch?

I would also love to know why stuff like that only happens in dungeons, but I doubt anyone knows the answer to that.

MogCakes

I think I'm done trying to level and gear every class. Just gonna stick to DRG until I get bored again. Trying to keep every class up to date in gear just burns me out. I hope i112 is good enough to clear the beginning story quests up to 60.

Teknoman

I should really try going through coil at some point. Like, I only beat T5 earlier this month or late last month or something. I'm just scared I'll mess up and people will get mad at me :(

Even if you can DF up to Turn 9 now and even if I've watched videos on how to deal with things and even if I'm tanking.

lol I cant lie, even though I really dont mind mmo drama that much/ let it get to me...I have the feeling in the back of my head people wont want to help out anymore if I fail too much at second coil. Then again, I mean we made it through EX primals, so how rough can it be?

Unlike most people in here I'm still going through the main story, but I just had to pop in to say that the lead up to Titan is some nonsense. I mean, some filler quests until the game's ready to advance the plot is expected, but this was really crazy, sending me all across the world to put together a banquet while the world supposedly hangs in the balance as Titan approaches. Ah well. Hopefully the fight with Titan itself will be as epic as the buildup has tried to make it seem.

The first final dungeon is pretty awesome.

dcye

What are you scared of? Its a video game.

Mik2121

Got a very stupid question...

I live in Japan and used to play this game in one of the Japan servers. None of the people I used to play with play anymore so I decided to see if I could play some with you guys, even though I'd start from zero and it will take forever to reach a level with which anyone would even want to play with me.. :p

Now, what I was thinking, and here's the stupid question (maybe)... would the game lag too much for me if I was playing from Japan? Or should I be ok?
Also, what server should I join? It seems Ultros is the main one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom