• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Is there any way to program a macro so it stops if you move? I keep getting dragged into shit by macros going off and flipping me around on some boss fights.

I do not believe so no. Macros in XIV are really simplistic, thus limited. I'm pretty certain that this is intentional too.

Kinda curious how macros are messin up your orientation.

Aselith

I do not believe so no. Macros in XIV are really simplistic, thus limited. I'm pretty certain that this is intentional too.

Kinda curious how macros are messin up your orientation.

I have bio II as the third step in a three part macro to get off my poisons and if I start to move after the first to cast it will jerk me back towards the target and sometimes will pull me into aoe spells. It was severely fucking my shit up on Titan EX though I just cleared that.

WolvenOne

A few hours left until the seasonal event is over...

...please be eggcited.

I have bio II as the third step in a three part macro to get off my poisons and if I start to move after the first to cast it will jerk me back towards the target and sometimes will pull me into aoe spells. It was severely fucking my shit up on Titan EX though I just cleared that.

While I'm not 100% certain about casters; using Macros for DPS is generally a bad idea.

Ken

Don't use macros to do attack stuff.

Semper88

Oh no you didn't.. Don't use macro's for deeps plx.

Delay on macro's is hugeee and you'll loose alot of dps. Also the jerking to your target is an option called "Face Target when casting/attacking"

Do you play on PS4 or PC?

Tash

Use macros for a condescending raise macro. White Mages love it.

SCHs, too. It's the only macro I live for. Mine is a whole freaking side-effect summary (including erectile dysfunction disclaimer), with the sole purpose of people avoiding death at all cost so they don't have to see that spam again..

dcye

SCHs, too. It's the only macro I live for. Mine is a whole freaking side-effect summary (including erectile dysfunction disclaimer), with the sole purpose of people avoiding death at all cost so they don't have to see that spam again..

Kyomi pls

Drac

So yesterday I received a warning on my account.
I like going to T5 from time to time, it's a nice fight and if I can help some people clear it through DF all the better (also the wipes always make me laugh). Usually I stay for as long as the group is full, no matter the progression.
Two days ago was one of those night, got home late, just had 1h30 and a half to play, FC mates were full and farming T10 T11 so I went have some fun in T5. 15 minutes later of my FC mate went to bed and I was asked to replace him. Sure, let me wipe two more times with this group and I'll vote to end this I said.
After said wipes, I started the vote and people proceded to insult me. I tell them it was to play with FC mates and I was called names and a liar, that I should take my 30 minutes penality and suck it (I could only play for one hour at this point before going to bed). So I stood there singing let it go in the chat while they went at twintania a couple of times with no success in sight. Second vote I start got accepted.
And yesterday I receive a warning for disrupting other players ?! Are you fucking kiding me ? When you queue in DF you sign a contract to give 90 minutes of your time with no way to get away ? 7 people can keep you hostage if they want ? I got called names and I get the warning ? This is really bullshit, fuck every noob stuck on T5, I don't care I won't go in there ever again. The only time I start the damn vote I get reported, screw you. I'll keep to chocobo race then.

Sorry for the rent but this really pissed me off.

Mitch

Banned
Thinking about resubbing and starting anew on Ultros. Listening to the piano OST that was linked above has made me feel really nostalgic.

Stuart444

And yesterday I receive a warning for disrupting other players ?! Are you fucking kiding me ? When you queue in DF you sign a contract to give 90 minutes of your time with no way to get away ? 7 people can keep you hostage if they want ? I got called names and I get the warning ? .

Sounds like you should have reported them for calling you names/insulting you then. They obviously reported you after all.

also standing there doing nothing but singing in the chat didn't do you any favours. You should have tried helping again until they gave up and allowed the vote to happen. That way, you don't disrupt other players and they get in trouble for the insults.

xxczx

I bought a PS3 version of FFXIV again since it was £1. Nice to have a backup in case my PS4 is out of action (hopefully not). I'm looking forward to seeing an S rank fight for that 1 FPS.
I like going to T5 from time to time, it's a nice fight and if I can help some people clear it through DF all the better (also the wipes always make me laugh). Usually I stay for as long as the group is full, no matter the progression.
Two days ago was one of those night, got home late, just had 1h30 and a half to play, FC mates were full and farming T10 T11 so I went have some fun in T5. 15 minutes later of my FC mate went to bed and I was asked to replace him. Sure, let me wipe two more times with this group and I'll vote to end this I said.
After said wipes, I started the vote and people proceded to insult me. I tell them it was to play with FC mates and I was called names and a liar, that I should take my 30 minutes penality and suck it (I could only play for one hour at this point before going to bed). So I stood there singing let it go in the chat while they went at twintania a couple of times with no success in sight. Second vote I start got accepted.
And yesterday I receive a warning for disrupting other players ?! Are you fucking kiding me ? When you queue in DF you sign a contract to give 90 minutes of your time with no way to get away ? 7 people can keep you hostage if they want ? I got called names and I get the warning ? This is really bullshit, fuck every noob stuck on T5, I don't care I won't go in there ever again. The only time I start the damn vote I get reported, screw you. I'll keep to chocobo race then.

The warning is well received. My pet hate is people not finishing the duty, don't start it if you don't have time to commit.

Best is those Z warriors that spam one skill over and over again in roulette. Vote kicking them right at the very end boss is such a good feeling.

Drac

It was 11pm and I had some drinks with my co workers, what can I say.

Sounds like you should have reported them for calling you names/insulting you then. They obviously reported you after all.

also standing there doing nothing but singing in the chat didn't do you any favours. You should have tried helping again until they gave up and allowed the vote to happen. That way, you don't disrupt other players and they get in trouble for the insults.

After they called me names ? Help them ? Yeah no. Singing was probably a poor choice but if the GM have access to the full chat I just can't believe this decision.

The warning is well received. My pet hate is people not finishing the duty, don't start it if you don't have time to commit.

Best is those Z warriors that spam one skill over and over again in roulette. Vote kicking them right at the very end boss is such a good feeling.

I guess you just skip over my post ? I was playing for half an hour, practically solo healing and dpsing. Yeah I am their slave for 90 minutes ok.

Munba

New awesome wallpaper.

ffxiv_pcw16001_1920x1080_en.jpg

Had some nice parties while trying to get my qarn HM drop (I got it on my last run just a few minutes ago).

Ended up queued with a nice BLM twice in a row :). It was fun running it (though I made some small messups with getting mummied... hehe.)

But yeah, I love things like that.. shame friend list isn't datacenter wide.

aceface

If you queue into DF and the vote abandon doesn't pass yeah, you're stuck, sorry. You do have an option: take the penalty and leave.

Tiops

Use macros for a condescending raise macro. White Mages love it.
There's some really crappy macros used for raising, but some are really great. I cleared Shiva EX yesterday with a WHM that had gil seller spam on his macro for raising. "Nobody is perfect, lets make things better!".

Yeah, if you enter a duty via Duty Finder, you're expected to stay there until the duty is cleared or a vote abandon is accepted. Stay there or get your penalty.

plake

I bought a PS3 version of FFXIV again since it was £1. Nice to have a backup in case my PS4 is out of action (hopefully not). I'm looking forward to seeing an S rank fight for that 1 FPS.

Nice. Did you use the PS3 to PS4 upgrade previously? If so I am curious if you get 30 days of play time with your PS3 purchase (assuming you already got the PS3 version earlier)?

Hasney

Nice. Did you use the PS3 to PS4 upgrade previously? If so I am curious if you get 30 days of play time with your PS3 purchase (assuming you already got the PS3 version earlier)?

You do. I ended up getting another copy after upgrading my PS3 collectors edition and it added 30 days.

iammeiam

If you queue into DF and the vote abandon doesn't pass yeah, you're stuck, sorry. You do have an option: take the penalty and leave.

Bingo.

"Sorry guys, something I'd rather do came up!" isn't really a good excuse. It's kind of the reason the penalty exists, I think. You won't get warned for leaving and taking the debuff; you will get warned for deciding the rules shouldn't apply to you and you're going to waste 7 people's time until they give you what you want.

Drac

And not being able to play with my friends before going to bed who were waiting.
It's stupid because you could go in coil even with a penality when it wasn't in DF but now screw you even in full group. They should keep the same rules for every things, either block you from every thing or let you go wherever as full group.

Stuart444

There's some really crappy macros used for raising, but some are really great. I cleared Shiva EX yesterday with a WHM that had gil seller spam on his macro for raising. "Nobody is perfect, lets make things better!".

I swear, I think I've played with the same WHM at one point. That raise macro sounds very familiar.

I love my Altered Beast raise/resurrection macro <3

Drac

Bingo.

"Sorry guys, something I'd rather do came up!" isn't really a good excuse. It's kind of the reason the penalty exists, I think. You won't get warned for leaving and taking the debuff; you will get warned for deciding the rules shouldn't apply to you and you're going to waste 7 people's time until they give you what you want.

Next time I'll just hit boss with auto attack, can't get a warning for being bad.
(again I'm pissed because it was the first time I wanted to end the instance, I've always stayed to the end before, just like the only time in my life I didn't have a ticket for transport, I got controlled and fined, and never again I saw a controller there, I'm just that lucky)

LtOrange

I am currently leveling my first character and am having a hard time staying with the main story level wise. I am at level 43 and still have half a bar of xp until I can pick up the next story quest. The side quests used to help me stay at the appropriate level, but there doesn't seem to be enough anymore. What is a fast way to close this gap? Is there a specific area I should be leveling in at this point?

xxczx

You do. I ended up getting another copy after upgrading my PS3 collectors edition and it added 30 days.
Oh wow I didn't know this, I guess the next Vet rank can wait.
I am currently leveling my first character and am having a hard time staying with the main story level wise. I am at level 43 and still have half a bar of xp until I can pick up the next story quest. The side quests used to help me stay at the appropriate level, but there doesn't seem to be enough anymore. What is a fast way to close this gap? Is there a specific area I should be leveling in at this point?
Start or join a FATE group in Mor Dhona. If there isn't a FATE group there, fearfully go for Northern Than.

Also if you forgot to do Guildhests, now is a good time to do them.

dramatis

GAF, tomorrow is my last day of my current subscription and I'm going to take off for a month or two.

I'd like to leave a thankful donation to the company chest, but it seems that only certain people can withdraw and deposit. Is there a way for a non-officer to make a deposit of gil?
I thought there was only limitation on withdrawing money, but I guess we'll have to get that fixed.

Keep your monies, you'll probably need it more than the FC does. The intent is appreciated.

Hasney

So should I start up my animus relic quests or try to get a different weapon? This grind is just too much but I don't know of any other weapons.

See what you can buy with Soldiery/Poetics now. With no relic quest for the new jobs, I'm thinking any post-expansion weapon grind will start from scratch.

iammeiam

So should I start up my animus relic quests or try to get a different weapon? This grind is just too much but I don't know of any other weapons.

1300 poetics and an encrypted tomestone from the CT weekly gets you an i120 weapon. Get a carbon twine the following week to upgrade it to i130, and you can pretty much be over equipped for everything currently in the game.

Relic at this point is just time filler. You can do it if you want to fill time, but that's about it.

XenoRaven

I started doing the relic grind for fun because I like the way the DRG one looks. Then I had to start camping FATEs and quickly gave up because that shit is dumb.

Valor

So yesterday I received a warning on my account....
So I stood there singing let it go in the chat ...
That song isn't from Rent, silly.

That's right. A musical joke. I have culture. It's not always Marvel movies and Michael Bay explosions, Drama.

<snipped drg nonsense>
You do know what happens to that guy, right? That's what'll happen to you.
823280540_1667417.gif

So without thinking I choose the Pugilist class only to find out that in order to become a ninja I need to be a rouge

:/

I am already lvl 6 and I just don't want to start all over again..... is there a way to fix this?

Edit: You know YOLO monk it is

Linkark07

Banned
I started doing the relic grind for fun because I like the way the DRG one looks. Then I had to start camping FATEs and quickly gave up because that shit is dumb.

Only did that once; never again. Camping FATEs and hoping the Atma would drop was annoying.

Thankfully, it only took me like 3 days.

dcye

So without thinking I choose the Pugilist class only to find out that in order to become a ninja I need to be a rouge

I am already lvl 6 and I just don't want to start all over again..... is there a way to fix this?

Edit: You know YOLOnk it is

You can't be a Rogue until you hit lvl 10 on another class anyways.

dcye

Wow, hey what? Have we grouped? :D
To put the thing in perspective..I have don't use the macro all the time but it's fun with random dungeon groups or on WoD :p

We're on each others friend list plus I'm in a static from your fc lawl.

plake

Edit: You know YOLO monk it is

I'm so sorry but.... but... just.. that is hilarious.

You can't be a Rogue until you hit lvl 10 on another class anyways.
Oh.... lol I assumed that I had missed it in the character creation screen
I'm so sorry but.... but... just.. that is hilarious.

what can I say I am a tough bucket of nails.... all those low level scrubs fear me
Plus I am overly wealthy with 1600+ gil

My days are filled with fortune

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay Looking at the OP and the guild site

in order to join up for the GAF Guild I have to register on that site correct?

I can't just send in the application via the game

dark_chris

I dunno if this is the right place to ask but I'm considering buying a PS4 and I was wondering if I need to buy a PS+ subscription to play XIV online?

iammeiam

Correct; you need to do both. The in-game app won't be accepted without a Guildworks app.

I dunno if this is the right place to ask but I'm considering buying a PS4 and I was wondering if I need to buy a PS+ subscription to play XIV online?

You don't need an active Plus subscription for XIV; you'd just need to buy a PS4 copy and you're good.

Stuart444

Send an application on the website and then send one via the in game menu (find any gaf person, view sub commands, view company profile and send it from there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom