• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It was very easy but the bosses are boring and the loot is just not useful by the time you get through everything else to get there.

At least Keeper of the Lake is looking to have a little better loots.

That's every 4 man in the game. Simplistic, hopelessly dated loot.

Hasney

I take it no-one liked Odin normal and/or it's not on the Trial Roulette? Queued at least 20 times and they all timed out. Just want to get rid of the quest at this rate!

DPS queues are really putting me off levelling my NIN.

30 minute Brayflox queue and counting.

I wish there was an EXP buff for DPS queueing solo to make up for these garbage queue times.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
DPS queues are really putting me off levelling my NIN.

30 minute Brayflox queue and counting.

I wish there was an EXP buff for DPS queueing solo to make up for these garbage queue times.

I think I generally always had a problem this early server time trying to get a queue for stuff. You basically have to find a tank or healer buddy to ride their privilege.

Edit: I need help from the Jounin here. What is the BiS for a Ninja using Dreadwyrm Daggers?

Is it this?

Ayumi

If I buy this for Windows, I will be able to download and use the same account from Mac in June when it's released, right? (Non-Steam)

iammeiam

If I buy this for Windows, I will be able to download and use the same account from Mac in June when it's released, right? (Non-Steam)

You can use the same account, but Mac will count as a seperate platform and so you will need to purchase a Mac copy to get the license to log in from a Mac.

You can use the same account, but Mac will count as a seperate platform and so you will need to purchase a Mac copy to get the license to log in from a Mac.

are you sure about this? I would doubt that. PC and PS4 are separate sure but I would expect PC and Mac to be the same license. Would be complete bullshit otherwise.

It's not like they're selling peorders for Mac either.

edit: never mind, seems I'm wrong and they are robbing bastards.

What a load of bullshit.

iammeiam

are you sure about this? I would doubt that. PC and PS4 are separate sure but I would expect PC and Mac to be the same license. Would be complete bullshit otherwise.

It's not like they're selling peorders for Mac either.

edit: never mind, seems I'm wrong and they are robbing bastards.

What a load of bullshit.

Yeah, I don't have a source handy but I've seen it a couple of places and been salty about it. I'm not buying three copies of Heavensward. I'll just bootcamp on my rMBP.

Yeah, I don't have a source handy but I've seen it a couple of places and been salty about it. I'm not buying three copies of Heavensward. I'll just bootcamp on my rMBP.

It's really absurd. I'd bootcamp but I need to get a Windows license first and I'm not sure if it'll be worth it to pay that much to play it on my mid-2012 MBP which only has Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics.

Ayumi

It's really absurd. I'd bootcamp but I need to get a Windows license first and I'm not sure if it'll be worth it to pay that much to play it on my mid-2012 MBP which only has Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics.
Damn, that's horseshit. Thank god I didn't buy it yet.. Thank you so much for letting me know! I use Boot Camp now but I prefer to run it natively from Yosemite when it's released. Boot Camp doesn't take too kindly to my CPU/turbo boost even though I have a pretty high-end rMBP.

Guess I will just mess around with trials for a while.. Or find another game to play for 2 months. ._.

Edit: It's at least cross-OS on Steam like any other game, right? Or did they decide to be greedy as heck there too?

Edit#2: Sigh.. So FFXIV on Steam also sells them as different licenses.

Trojita

I fucking hate that I'll have to buy another license. But I'm also lazy and don't like switching to bootcamp.

I'm more worried by controller support and the general performance hit Mac games generally have compared to their PC counterparts.

Also Phillip, that definitely won't play Heavensward.

iammeiam

Damn, that's horseshit. Thank god I didn't buy it yet.. Thank you so much for letting me know! I use Boot Camp now but I prefer to run it natively from Yosemite when it's released. Boot Camp doesn't take too kindly to my CPU/turbo boost even though I have a pretty high-end rMBP.

Guess I will just mess around with trials for a while.. Or find another game to play for 2 months. ._.

Edit: It's at least cross-OS on Steam like any other game, right? Or did they decide to be greedy as heck there too?

Edit#2: Sigh.. So FFXIV on Steam also sells them as different licenses.

I have the 15" dGPU late-2013 rMBP (I didn't do additional upgrade, just the default config) and FFXIV performance under BootCamp is decent/playable, but I suspect fan control would be better native and I hate how Windows 7 handles UI scaling so I was hoping the Mac version would work.

I need to get around to downloading the thing to my Windows laptop and seeing if performance is better there. I can just deal with the inferior trackpad while house sitting. Or carry two laptops I guess.

Wishlist for Heavensward: server-side UI, macro, and gearset saves. Balancing across multiple systems/platforms right now is just stupid.

Ayumi

I have the 15" dGPU late-2013 rMBP (I didn't do additional upgrade, just the default config) and FFXIV performance under BootCamp is decent/playable, but I suspect fan control would be better native and I hate how Windows 7 handles UI scaling so I was hoping the Mac version would work.

I need to get around to downloading the thing to my Windows laptop and seeing if performance is better there. I can just deal with the inferior trackpad while house sitting. Or carry two laptops I guess.
Mine is early 2013 with 16 GB RAM and a 1GB dedicated GPU. The game runs fine for me too but the Mac gets hot so fast, and very loud. I'm just guessing it's not very optimal for handling games that would use the turbo boost (there is probably software to "fix" it though). I'm playing the trial on 1080, it could definitely go higher but I won't increase the settings until I can play the actual Mac version..

Dunno what Win machine you have but if the system equals your rMBP or higher it should be no problem. The suggested sysreqs aren't that high.

There is an official FFXIV benchmark tool if you wanna compare native Win and Boot Camp:
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/en/index.html

180 days ($77.94)?!?!

lol

good bye my money ;(

By the way when I am done updating and stuff.... the server that GAF is on is called Ultros correct?

Trojita

Kagari said she wouldn't support me as captain, but Cagalli said she would.

Captain Tengetsu~

Oh Captain, My Captain!

iammeiam

We're still due a hotfix--they need to fix the Postmoogle title--and EB site makes maint next week look likely. Nerfs/echo could be coming! We can just wait forever, like we used to wait for Hunt fixes in 2.3.

Rather have a poetics unlock at this point TBH.

Dunno what Win machine you have but if the system equals your rMBP or higher it should be no problem. The suggested sysreqs aren't that high.

There is an official FFXIV benchmark tool if you wanna compare native Win and Boot Camp:
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/en/index.html

Yeah my concern isn't raw horsepower (2015 Razer Blade, it'll be fiiiine) so much as whether the power bump is gong to justify heat/fan/resolution scaling/terrible battery life in regular usage since what I have set up now at least servicible.

iammeiam

How is the Razer Blade?

It's okay so far; I haven't done a ton demanding with it yet. The screen is nice but glossy as hell and doesn't have rMBP viewing angles, the fans seem to ramp up to REALLY LOUD doing basic things occasionally, the trackpad buttons are eh, and the battery life isn't great, but it's decently compact for the power it offers, the actual trackpad surface and keyboard are nice, and it is solidly built which is generally an issue I have with Window laptops. It seems like a good balance;we'll see if it holds up when Witcher 3 releases and I force it to do something moderately demanding. Hardware isn't really there to run games at native resolution yet, but that doesn't really bother me since I usually window stuff anyway.

xxczx

I take it no-one liked Odin normal and/or it's not on the Trial Roulette? Queued at least 20 times and they all timed out. Just want to get rid of the quest at this rate!
No idea why its not on Trial Roulette its so annoying. Trying to do it on DF had me waiting so hard that it was faster to do the Odin FATE.

studyguy

I gauge my current interest by how many poetics I got during the week.
I didn't even hit 100.
Shit, I should pick up the slack and do stuff!

Also dat JP speedrun.

scy

Though I do wonder why that add positioning isn't a bigger thing--getting the adds all in Flare+Holy range for max explosions. It's probably harder to position but still.

I think they're about 1-2 steps away from the adds tethering and causing all sorts of hilarity. It's a fairly tight placement thing
that I kind of want to try
but I don't know the exacts.

Here's Lucrezia's slightly faster kill, with the entirely fascinating-to-me 0% Overheal SCH / 7% Overheal Fairy and total effective HPS of ~660 while both healers are at nearly 700 DPS combined.

look at that ninja doing 600

Katon hits all the adds!

Fight duration being so short helps their DPS (Bard too) compared to the MNK. Don't really know if Monk gains anything in this setup, really.

WolvenOne

You know, I hope there are full sized versions of the two songs used in the Heavensward trailer; when they get around to releasing an OST.

In this case, referring to the operatic sounding tune, and the song that plays during the rest of the trailer.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Speaking of the OST, where's a new album Sokeeeeeeen? With the Wind-up Alisaie?

...I guess they'll unveil it on 24th if there's any. Right? Right?

iammeiam

I think they're about 1-2 steps away from the adds tethering and causing all sorts of hilarity. It's a fairly tight placement thing
that I kind of want to try
but I don't know the exacts.

I just kind of assumed T10 add tether range would be the same as Blackfire. It's further? Anyway. Tanks bitch about T10 being boring, there's your challenge mode.

Here's Lucrezia's slightly faster kill, with the entirely fascinating-to-me 0% Overheal SCH / 7% Overheal Fairy and total effective HPS of ~660 while both healers are at nearly 700 DPS combined.

I was going to say maybe the SCH is DPS only outside the occasional Lustrate and Adlo on Prey, but there's no way they'd have no overheal if they were Adlo'ing Prey so maybe they just never leave Cleric stance and the WHM solo heals most of it with fairy assist?

WolvenOne

Speaking of the OST, where's a new album Sokeeeeeeen? With the Wind-up Alisaie?

...I guess they'll unveil it on 24th if there's any. Right? Right?

You mean another side album? Cause, I'm pretty sure it'll be around 3.1 or 3.2 before we see the next OST. I mean considering how long it took them to put out the 2.0-2.1 OST.

Looking forward to it, since it should also include all the songs introduced during the bulk of ARR's endgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom