• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaneDS

Think someone in the FC was celebrating a win at some point, but I can't remember who.

I guess with ~500 members and 10,000 combinations, it isn't that surprising that we've had a million winner... and yet I'm still surprised/jealous of their Fenrir.

When 3102 hits, so many people are going to be riding wolves around.

Mary, isnt your PC a beast?

Either way, I welcome you to the console comfy couch master race.

Think someone in the FC was celebrating a win at some point, but I can't remember who.

I got so fucking close. Had 1st, and 3rd/4th matching. All i could think about for the next two days

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Finally got my Halycon Rod Lucis.
Now if only Kuno the Killer yielded... Hit him twice, got away both times.

So, as a result of the gaming side thread regarding FFXIV's dev, I decided to download the trial and played just a bit this morning. Really impressed by the graphics and design of the first town. I chose the race with the tails and axe wielding class (though I understand you can change classes).

I'm playing with a controller (DS4 with DS4Windows to make it act like a 360 controller) and I've had some issues. The deadzones for movement seem really high. My character doesn't move unless the stick is fully pushed up. And the camera movement is extremely slow.

Anyone know how to fix this stuff?

studyguy

So, as a result of the gaming side thread regarding FFXIV's dev, I decided to download the trial and played just a bit this morning. Really impressed by the graphics and design of the first town. I chose the race with the tails and axe wielding class (though I understand you can change classes).

I'm playing with a controller (DS4 with DS4Windows to make it act like a 360 controller) and I've had some issues. The deadzones for movement seem really high. My character doesn't move unless the stick is fully pushed up. And the camera movement is extremely slow.

Does DS4Windows have config for joystiq movement?
You should be able to walk/run with the joystiq at least, mine reacts even if I move it slightly.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Inputmapper

studyguy

Good to know it's an issue on my end and not a control scheme feature.

Yeah, tilting slightly counts as a walk ingame as well without having to hit the 'walk' key KB/M players have to do. It should work out of the box. Camera controls aren't as robust as KB/M but it isn't 'extremely slow'

Give Frumix's suggestion a shot. Hope it works out for ya

WolvenOne

Welp, Coil being on free-farm has accelerated me to about the same point as everyone that has been farming it since; l dunno lets say January. Still wanna farm just a few items out of earlier turns, buuuut, I think I'll be transitioning to other goals soon.

Really is a shame the game was delayed, May would've been about perfect timing. In the meantime though; how difficult do you think it'll be for me to convince people to Pony farm? I kinda feels like large swathes of XIV GAF are just done with that.

Valor

In the meantime though; how difficult do you think it'll be for me to convince people to Pony farm? I kinda feels like large swathes of XIV GAF are just done with that.

How much are you offering to pay?

My blade can be purchased, for the right price.

BadRNG

Really is a shame the game was delayed, May would've been about perfect timing. In the meantime though; how difficult do you think it'll be for me to convince people to Pony farm? I kinda feels like large swathes of XIV GAF are just done with that.
GAF is done with it for most part, but you still see PF groups for it so I'm sure you could find people. Like Galen I will come for a nominal fee, don't care enough about ponies to grind for them.

So I am confirmed going to be gone the first week or early launch for XIV:H.
Bummer
You'll miss out on all the server crashes and howthefuckdidtheymiss this bugs!

WolvenOne

GAF is done with it for most part, but you still see PF groups for it so I'm sure you could find people. Like Galen I will come for a nominal fee, don't care enough about ponies to grind for them.

Pugs, sigh. Well I guess I just have to man up and do it; if I want them ponies.

On an unrelated note. Does anyone have a link to a list of all the items you need to Turn in for the Culinarian quests? I've got Culinarian to 50 but haven't done the quests yet. I'd like to see if you know who still appears after you've completed the you know what.

studyguy

Think of all the fun I could have been having in XIV if I wasn't going to be sitting on a tropical beach. God damn fml
‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jayhawk

Not even pretending to be a bard anymore.

This is why I have to back Xtech. He at least pretends to bard.

We all know you're going to announce that you will be running for the throne soon. All the helpful posts in this thread and on Reddit. There is the materia melding. Angary will be the one that unites the seven kingdoms.

plake

Pugs, sigh. Well I guess I just have to man up and do it; if I want them ponies.

On an unrelated note. Does anyone have a link to a list of all the items you need to Turn in for the Culinarian quests? I've got Culinarian to 50 but haven't done the quests yet. I'd like to see if you know who still appears after you've completed the you know what.

You can google the quests and the hands ins quite easily. I know I did for a few classes. Let us know about the youknowwhat scene.

WolvenOne

You can google the quests and the hands ins quite easily. I know I did for a few classes. Let us know about the youknowwhat scene.

I know, just at work so I have to keep non-work related internet activity quick and brief. So I figured it might save time if somebody happened to have it bookmarked already.

No big, I can google when I get home. Figured I'd just ask while I was thinking about it.

Valor

Not even pretending to be a bard anymore.

This is why I have to back Xtech. He at least pretends to bard.
Hey man, it just sounds better than my quiver, or my bow, or my arrows? Archery is so wussy. Where is my sworddeeps?

You mean the chance to roll on a Pony or to get one of the items that drop, isn't enough!?
Pony Parties always end with people being mad at me. At least this way I can squirrel away some gil I won't use in Heavensward, amirite?

Hey man, it just sounds better than my quiver, or my bow, or my arrows? Archery is so wussy. Where is my sworddeeps?

Pony Parties always end with people being mad at me. At least this way I can squirrel away some gil I won't use in Heavensward, amirite?

You stole my pretty purple pony from me.

I've never wanted anything more. Not even that tank chest.

Never forget

iammeiam

We all know you're going to announce that you will be running for the throne soon. All the helpful posts in this thread and on Reddit. There is the materia melding. Angary will be the one that unites the seven kingdoms.

God, no. Can I be Varys? Let these people squabble over presentation and ceremony, I'll just hang out in a corner starting trouble.

Archery is so wussy.

So basically you discovered you're not man enough to bard and need a big, long sword to overcompensate? This isn't going to help your chances with Drama, man.

God, no. Can I be Varys? Let these people squabble over presentation and ceremony, I'll just hang out in a corner starting trouble.

So basically you discovered you're not man enough to bard and need a big, long sword to overcompensate? This isn't going to help your chances with Drama, man.

I feel drama would like an in game husbando she could push around

My Heavensward level up plans are to go DRK > AST.

Once I have DRK up to speed I'll need to make some gear change macros to go back and forth between PLD and DRK complete with cheesy quotes about light/darkness.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
So yesterday I received a warning on my account.
I like going to T5 from time to time, it's a nice fight and if I can help some people clear it through DF all the better (also the wipes always make me laugh). Usually I stay for as long as the group is full, no matter the progression.
Two days ago was one of those night, got home late, just had 1h30 and a half to play, FC mates were full and farming T10 T11 so I went have some fun in T5. 15 minutes later of my FC mate went to bed and I was asked to replace him. Sure, let me wipe two more times with this group and I'll vote to end this I said.
After said wipes, I started the vote and people proceded to insult me. I tell them it was to play with FC mates and I was called names and a liar, that I should take my 30 minutes penality and suck it (I could only play for one hour at this point before going to bed). So I stood there singing let it go in the chat while they went at twintania a couple of times with no success in sight. Second vote I start got accepted.
And yesterday I receive a warning for disrupting other players ?! Are you fucking kiding me ? When you queue in DF you sign a contract to give 90 minutes of your time with no way to get away ? 7 people can keep you hostage if they want ? I got called names and I get the warning ? This is really bullshit, fuck every noob stuck on T5, I don't care I won't go in there ever again. The only time I start the damn vote I get reported, screw you. I'll keep to chocobo race then.

Sorry for the rent but this really pissed me off.

Here's a tip from a fellow asshole player on how to get out of a DF group without sucking up a DF penalty. Just exit the game. Alt-F4 doesn't work so you have to end the process or tab out and right click/close the client. Most groups will vote dismiss you within 5 minutes, so wait about that long and try logging back in. If you're still in the group say "damn Comcast/Time Warner/AT&T/[ISP of choice) is really shitting the bed today!" and just leave again. Your free time is more valuable than that of 7 strangers, especially when you're so easily replaced in a DF group. You don't owe those people anything and don't let anybody guilt trip you into thinking otherwise.

plake

Here's a tip from a fellow asshole player on how to get out of a DF group without sucking up a DF penalty. Just exit the game. Alt-F4 doesn't work so you have to end the process or tab out and right click/close the client. Most groups will vote dismiss you within 5 minutes, so wait about that long and try logging back in. If you're still in the group say "damn Comcast/Time Warner/AT&T/[ISP of choice) is really shitting the bed today!" and just leave again. Your free time is more valuable than that of 7 strangers, especially when you're so easily replaced in a DF group. You don't owe those people anything and don't let anybody guilt trip you into thinking otherwise.

Not sure if srs.

Crazy thought. Could also, you know, NOT enter a T5 DF if you have a limited time to play.

Valor

You stole my pretty purple pony from me.

I've never wanted anything more. Not even that tank chest.

Never forget
Such lies. You wanted that bathrobe way more.

Lost to us forever.

DPS DRK, though...
It'll have to do until Yoship and Friends™ roll out Samurai, I guess. OR RED MAGE.

I never said I needed a Buster Sword, but I wouldn't turn one down, of course. She already mocks me that I want the most "boring, generic weapon" as a dps class, so I ain't doing this to win points. I just like swords ;-;

gahlen please.
You are the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom