• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
Based on post history, pretty sure srs.

Also Asami I think you have officially been surpassed as my nemesis.

I've been slacking lately. Pretty sure all I've really lived for in FFXIV lately is choco racing and card hunting to the dismay of other tournament participants.

Edit: To be fair though, I always find ways to ditch out on groups too if they've outlived their usefulness/fun. I was king of stepping out of WoD with no penalty back in the day. The number of times I ran for my hat and that stupid card were ridiculous.

plake

I've been slacking lately. Pretty sure all I've really lived for in FFXIV lately is choco racing and card hunting to the dismay of other tournament participants.

Edit: To be fair though, I always find ways to ditch out on groups too if they've outlived their usefulness/fun. I was king of stepping out of WoD with no penalty back in the day. The number of times I ran for my hat and that stupid card were ridiculous.

Always see you afk at the card tournament master. Your happy place?

That quick ninja leave after all WHM/SCH leave after Angra, all BRDs leave after Hydra or when someone just got Vote kicked is masterfully used by any WOD farmer.

Sorian

Banned
Always see you afk at the card tournament master. Your happy place?

That quick ninja leave after all WHM/SCH leave after Angra, all BRDs leave after Hydra or when someone just got Vote kicked is masterfully used by any WOD farmer.

During tournament weeks, my happy afk spot is next to the board so I can make sure I'm still getting my weekly card. During non-tournament weeks, my happy afk spot is in the choco racing room so that I can sneak in races in between random things.

Here's a tip from a fellow asshole player on how to get out of a DF group without sucking up a DF penalty. Just exit the game. Alt-F4 doesn't work so you have to end the process or tab out and right click/close the client. Most groups will vote dismiss you within 5 minutes, so wait about that long and try logging back in. If you're still in the group say "damn Comcast/Time Warner/AT&T/[ISP of choice) is really shitting the bed today!" and just leave again. Your free time is more valuable than that of 7 strangers, especially when you're so easily replaced in a DF group. You don't owe those people anything and don't let anybody guilt trip you into thinking otherwise.

Pls tell me this is a high quality troll.

dcye

Finally got my Halycon Rod Lucis.
Now if only Kuno the Killer yielded... Hit him twice, got away both times.

Don't speak of him in here. 50+ windows and not even a nibble. I will have 112 fish and still be fishing for that bastard.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Anybody got a For Dummies, step-by-step on how to readjust some stats on my Curtana Novus? I got a new (blank) sphere scroll but I can't figure out who to talk to get the stats readjusted.

The feeling of beating Leviathan, Ifrit and Titan extreme:)
I really enjoyed the challenge of these priamals, getting the patterns down and being one of the few to make it till the end of the fights.

Valor

Anybody got a For Dummies, step-by-step on how to readjust some stats on my Curtana Novus? I got a new (blank) sphere scroll but I can't figure out who to talk to get the stats readjusted.

Pretty sure you need to go to Mutamix's buddies in Central than to remove a materia at a time. Then you just affix it again and when it's done turn it into Jal-whatever

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Pretty sure you need to go to Mutamix's buddies in Central than to remove a materia at a time. Then you just affix it again and when it's done turn it into Jal-whatever

I have a completed Novus with bogus stats on it, and a blank sphere scroll. The guy won't do anything with either of those things. There's a remove infusions option but the scroll I have is blank. Is there a way to get your finished Novus' existing stats reapplied to a sphere scroll that I'm missing?

LiQuid!

I keep going back and forth between him and the Jalzahn hoping to find some dialog option that will lead me to the right answer and can't find it. All the info I can find on the internet regarding this is from ages ago and isn't correct.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Don't speak of him in here. 50+ windows and not even a nibble. I will have 112 fish and still be fishing for that bastard.

Not even a nibble? That doesn't sound right. This quest fish is very obviously rigged to occur more likely than sheer RNG probabilities would suggest. The real kicker is that even with the best possible stats in the game you'll still have fish get away because Yoshida hates you. In addition to losing two Kunos, I lost two Shoni and two Anomalocarises... So much for Lucis.

LiQuid!

I had to put a PF up to have people talk me thru it like I'm mentally challenged, but I figured it out. I was actually just missing one of the menu options at Jalzahn, something "modification." I feel like a dummy, it's there plain as day, but I just couldn't see it in the mess that is that menu.

Teknoman

I really enjoyed the challenge of these priamals, getting the patterns down and being one of the few to make it till the end of the fights.

Yup the extreme early battles are still pretty fun. Specifically Leviathan and Titan.

dcye

Not even a nibble? That doesn't sound right. This quest fish is very obviously rigged to occur more likely than sheer RNG probabilities would suggest. The real kicker is that even with the best possible stats in the game you'll still have fish get away because Yoshida hates you. In addition to losing two Kunos, I lost two Shoni and two Anomalocarises... So much for Lucis.

I've had 46 windows for Kuno since I started counting (started fishing for him like 6 weeks ago?). I've had 5 Canavans ie. 5 Fishers Intuitions (countless Morinabaligi), I've never had a HQ Assassin Betta in one of those windows. I get loads of HQ Betta's from HQ Goldfish when I don't have the buff though.

I've caught 88 different big fish since I started for Kuno ffs.

WolvenOne

Not gonna lie, getting down Titan and company are some of my fondest memories in this game.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I know I am a long way off but what do you guys think is the best Jobs out of these three

Bard, Monk, and Ninja

Best in what respect? Right off the bat I can tell you that during this cycle all three were in high demand, if not requirement, in the endgame.

Mink for raw damage and dragon kick. Ninja for raw damage and utility. Oh and getting to be like Naruto.

Bard for support and more support.

They all have their uses.

Mink for raw damage and dragon kick. Ninja for raw damage and utility. Oh and getting to be like Naruto.

Bard for support and more support.

They all have their uses.

Best in what respect? Right off the bat I can tell you that during this cycle all three were in high demand, if not requirement, in the endgame.
for raids I guess...... I've been doing some research and I will likely just choose to be a Ninja

Bards seem like a good help for raids but sometimes when I'd be playing by myself I suppose a ninja would do very well

for raids I guess...... I've been doing some research and I will likely just choose to be a Ninja

Bards seem like a good help for raids but sometimes when I'd be playing by myself I suppose a ninja would do very well

it's worth pointing out that you have to get another class to level 10 before becoming a Rogue (the class that becomes Ninja). You can't just be a Rogue from the start of the game.

dramatis

Back in early March there was a guy who applied to the FC. I still have no idea what to make of him.

sI4x9Cs.jpg

IvorB

I had to put a PF up to have people talk me thru it like I'm mentally challenged, but I figured it out. I was actually just missing one of the menu options at Jalzahn, something "modification." I feel like a dummy, it's there plain as day, but I just couldn't see it in the mess that is that menu.

I find it interesting how willing you are to lean on other players for help after the lesson you dished out about ditching people in DF. Good thing those other players don't have the attitude you do or you would be pretty stuck wouldn't you?

Tiops

Here's a tip from a fellow asshole player on how to get out of a DF group without sucking up a DF penalty. Just exit the game. Alt-F4 doesn't work so you have to end the process or tab out and right click/close the client. Most groups will vote dismiss you within 5 minutes, so wait about that long and try logging back in. If you're still in the group say "damn Comcast/Time Warner/AT&T/[ISP of choice) is really shitting the bed today!" and just leave again. Your free time is more valuable than that of 7 strangers, especially when you're so easily replaced in a DF group. You don't owe those people anything and don't let anybody guilt trip you into thinking otherwise.
I reported a player recently because he purposedly did that. It was accepted as harrassment by the GM and the player was punished :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom