• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

If anyone ever wanted to see XIV carry the spirit of XI, look no further than Fishing. It exemplifies everything that we loved about XI and everything people hated.

So you're against using fishing macro, or losing bait on purpose when the fish caught is not the one you want, and other things that would improve efficiency? I mean there is nothing efficient about fishing, so why bother trying to be?

I feel like this conversation has gone beyond having any sort of purpose and you're just actively trying to be an asshole now.

scy

If anyone ever wanted to see XIV carry the spirit of XI, look no further than Fishing. It exemplifies everything that we loved about XI and everything people hated.

I get enough fish from my retainer, why would I actively look for more.

Haha.. I suppose that's what I get for seeing it mentioned in chat, checking reddit and not thinking 'maybe this is a troll'.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. ^^;

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Haha.. I suppose that's what I get for seeing it mentioned in chat, checking reddit and not thinking 'maybe this is a troll'.

You really think somebody would do that, just go on the Internet and tell lies?

iammeiam

So you're against using fishing macro, or losing bait on purpose when the fish caught is not the one you want, and other things that would improve efficiency? I mean there is nothing efficient about fishing, so why bother trying to be?

Seriously I do not understand your fucking problem here.

You're not illiterate. I'm relatively sure you know what I was getting at and are exaggerating for... Who knows what reason

You've also previously expressed the opinion that a.) faint FCoB for gear is a waste of time due to impending obsolete status, and b.) the amount of time alt coil dumped into T13 was a waste. It's pretty clear we value our game time differently; my objection is largely limited to you apparently believing your approach is the One True Path and everyone else is doing it wrong. If you have the funds and inclination to skip a thing, sweet. Not everyone does.

scy

I just read it and went, "Year old build and the design on most of these is terrible" and didn't even notice lol

Valor

You guys are stupid. Clearly Botanist is better than Fishing. It's a much more active gathering class and its skills are way more useful for making money. Fishing is just 1-2-3 over and over again. Bor-ing.

You guys are stupid. Clearly Botanist is better than Fishing. It's a much more active gathering class and its skills are way more useful for making money. Fishing is just 1-2-3 over and over again. Bor-ing.

I have lotsa gil because of my fishing. GET REKT GOLON

let me tell you about this super secret glitch to cross-class Fracture on to your Fisher...

Valor

Fracture is only worth using when you have your Gathering Yield buff up, otherwise it's a massive drain on GP. I figured you "professional gatherers" would have figured this out by now.

Don't get me wrong, guys, Fisher is a great off-gatherer, but it doesn't have the skills to be your main gatherer since it's way too reliant on Release.

You can't say "efficient" without saying "fish".

I'll see myself out.

And you can't spell "Botanist" without "taint sob". I don't know what it's supposed to mean.

iammeiam

Serious gathering thing it took me way too long to learn because I'm a bad: You can cross-class the BTN/MIN unhidden node skills, macro both to your gear sets, and have both active at all times when you switch classes.

This is mostly useful for Clusters because I always forget if it's BTN/MIN time.

studyguy

Rock_bottom.jpg

This is where it's at.
Little over 2 months guys...

Jayhawk

My objection is largely limited to you apparently believing your approach is the One True Path and everyone else is doing it wrong. If you have the funds and inclination to skip a thing, sweet. Not everyone does.

Suggestions mean there is only one path? Okay.

I was contemplating giving away some sealants, MCs, and FC3s in this situation as I have done with other people in the past. But I am an asshole, so forget it.

This is where it's at.
Little over 2 months guys...

If you mean till we can actually log in? Then yes, a little over 2 months. Otherwise, 59 days everyone!!!

I find it somewhat amusing that I have to occasionally use the Google doc to remember who some of you are in-game.

iammeiam

Suggestions mean there is only one path? Okay.

No, your hissy fit and escalating ridiculous scenarios over my suggesting efficiency for efficiency's sake in this situation isn't the end-all be-all means there's only one valid path in your opinion.

I was contemplating giving away some sealants, MCs, and FC3s in this situation as I have done with other people in the past. But I am an asshole, so forget it.

Seriously this is the first really assholish thing you have posted--everything else is stupid forum bickering I assume we'll all forget about in an hour; this is just mean for the sake of being mean.

iammeiam

My parents used to make me go with them when they went fly-fishing.

Then one time they didn't realize I was behind them and I ended up with a fishhook in my scalp.

They stopped making me go. Absolutely worth it.

studyguy

You know, I'm concerned with raising it.
I mean how many onions does it take to max and how often do I have to take it out to fight with me?
Do pugs get good racing skills out the box or is it one of those deals where I'll have to teach it how to sprint mid race?

Does it come in blue?

You know, I'm concerned with raising it.
I mean how many onions does it take to max and how often do I have to take it out to fight with me?
Do pugs get good racing skills out the box or is it one of those deals where I'll have to teach it how to sprint mid race?

Does it come in blue?

pretty sure pugs are ones that afk through the whole fight or race

iammeiam

WHY IS THIS THE FIRST POST THIS IS BARELY FFXIV RELATED.

Um. How about that Bahamut, huh? That's a thing!

I'm trying to envision racing pugs and it's not working. Snorting loudly, sitting on keyboards, walking over iPads, yes. Racing, no.

It's like the racing equivalent of fat Chocobo I guess.

Serious Jayhawk time. Is there an Angary walkthrough for getting a puppy? I was going to get one after I am fully recovered.

Just the standard stuff really.
If you're not married to the idea of a specific breed, shelters and mixed puppies are a good thing since they're less prone to certain purebred issues. If you have a specific breed in mind, local rescues are also pretty good (we fostered ex-racing Greyhounds while I was growing up until the nearby track closed; crazy good dogs, surprisingly, and the ones that bombed out of racing immediately would be only 18 months old when we got them.)

Know racial problems--PDE is a horrible thing and why it's a really good idea to find a pug after the 3 year mark, etc.

All stuff you probably already know? Petfinder.com is pretty neat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom