• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome Mr. Loot and Scoot.

tumblr_m1fu9akCaD1qbwjgso1_500.gif

Anyone have a good mnk opener? The one I'm using causes me to miss hitting that Twin Strikes buff...

I use Shoulder Tackle -> Perfect Balance -> Snap Punch (Internal Release) -> Snap Punch (Blood for Blood) -> Demolish (Steel Peak) -> Dragon Kick (Howling Fist) -> Twin Snakes -> Touch of Death.

Wouldn't attempt it if you have lower skill speed than I do (385) though. If you have lower skill speed or a little lag you might not get the twin snakes buff or be able to refresh GL3 if you use ToD.

You should be able to get the Twin Snakes buff in. Can leave out Touch of Death if your skill speed is low.

You can also open with Demolish -> Snap Punch -> Snap Punch instead. I've tried both and prefer my one for damage personally and with how the refresh times work out for buffs + DoTs, but I'd try both and see what you think.

I've never needed to really needed to use my money with the small exception of using it to teleport.....

Goldsmithing has ruined me will material buying....... All my money down the drain :(

Valor

{Gloom}
{I already have one}

You can also open with Demolish -> Snap Punch -> Snap Punch instead. I've tried both and prefer my one for damage personally and with how the refresh times work out for buffs + DoTs, but I'd try both and see what you think.

Knowing nothing really about timers and stuff, wouldn't you want to open with Demolish and then clip the hell out of it with your next use of fully buffed Demolish?

Jayhawk

Anyone have a good mnk opener? The one I'm using causes me to miss hitting that Twin Strikes buff...

If you're not getting the 5th GCD in time even though you are getting GL3 up with the first three GCDs, it's not an opener problem... it's a gear issue or an execution issue. Your skill speed is too low, or you're not hitting that first GCD as soon as possible. The window is tight.

Too lazy to look up old posts comparing math between different MNK openers: Demo > SP > SP versus SP > SP > Demo. Reading about MNK openers gets as repetitive as reading about WARs versus PLDs.

Finally hit my first road block with Titan Hard via Duty Finder. The fight itself wasn't too hard, but we were kind of all over the place. I'm a Bard, you'd think I'd be used to running and shooting to avoid all of the mess.

We get the other mechanics, it's after the heart goes down it goes south quick.

I know the mechanics, watched a few videos but it's when we get to the part with the exploding boulders and those quicksandy looking circles that one shot you. Maybe I suck at dodging but Titan knows how to place those things where I don't have time to run from them. I'll get those unlucky moments when I try to get to the "safe spot" for Titan to do his linear AOE right at the spot while the other rocks blow up.

Had an angry DPS blame the healers, but I felt responsible for eating some of those AoEs I could of avoided if I were quicker (or luckier) when they could focus on tanks.

As for those quicksand looking circles that appear underneath, I'm a magnet for those, sometimes the placement would make it difficult to evade.

-Like three will overlap in a triangle and I'm on the bottom-most of the shape with nowhere to go behind me, and just enough where I still get hit when the move goes off.

-Or just as you run out of the circle Titan does his linear AOE right in the direction you're running to, and you can't run back so either way you're dead.

Or the exploding rocks, the videos I watch they wait until the first one that drops blows up and run to the open space. Were we supposed to take one out first?

We did fine on Ifrit and Garuda funny enough, but Titan is a whole 'nother beast. I think using a lvl55 weapon might also be my undoing, I'm ilvl 62 but I feel I'm not contributing much DPS so I went and purchased a cheap ilvl70 just to try this fight again tomorrow. I have the tomes to get it to 90, so I can sell it back when I'm done.

Sorry for the text, just wanted to vent.

Jayhawk

Those "quicksand circles" will target a subset of the party, with each circle being centered directly under one member of that subset. As long as you're not lagging in these more challenging fights in the game, you deal with mechanics by anticipating what is about to happen next. You are faster to react and have a better idea on how you're going to be reacting to that mechanic (e.g., which direction to run?). The Titan Hard rotation is set in stone. Get familiar with it and you'll perform better.

Also... you can't sell gear back on the market board after you use the gear.

scy

Knowing nothing really about timers and stuff, wouldn't you want to open with Demolish and then clip the hell out of it with your next use of fully buffed Demolish?

Snap > Snap > Demo means it's one full one with GL2 and buffs followed by one with GL3 + B4B.

Edit: forgot to change this there you go nin py happy now

Those "quicksand circles" will target a subset of the party, with each circle being centered directly under one member of that subset. As long as you're not lagging in these more challenging fights in the game, you deal with mechanics by anticipating what is about to happen next. You are faster to react and have a better idea on how you're going to be reacting to that mechanic (e.g., which direction to run?). The Titan Hard rotation is set in stone. Get familiar with it and you'll perform better.

Also... you can't sell gear back on the market board after you use the gear.

Yikes, good thing I haven't used it, just equipped but didn't fight anything... unless that counts as using it. It just sucks that my only other options are either farm Garuda until I get lucky or get carried on Titan. I have the tomes for the next couple steps and it irks me lol. I feel like I'm tickling Titan with the GC bow.

From what you're saying about the "Weight of the Land" (I had to look it up) move makes sense then, we were too spread out with no real strategy, people will be spread out just enough for the circles to look like their engulfing me. My FC mate said to stack party members, perhaps that's what he meant so that way if the circles show we could evade easy.

The exploding rocks I have to pay attention to the ones that blow up first and run immediately to that spot after it blows up,

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Don't know if it's old news, but whatever.
Patch 2.56 coming tomorrow. Maintenance from 3 to 8 pm JST.
Link.
[Date & Time]
Apr. 20, 2015 11:00 p.m. to Apr. 21, 2015 4:00 a.m. (PDT)
*The completion time may be subject to change.

Tiops

Finally finished my Animus yesterday. Yes, Animus. Completing those books suuuuck.

Already bought my sphere scroll. Today is FATE farming day. I'm even going on a CRIT/DET/ACC bow to speed things up, screw full CRIT/DET, I don't have money for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom