• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Elaborate on this strategery s'il-vous-plait. The person who told you Titan-Egi was cheating, does he or she consider PLD or WAR as their main or 1st alt? That would explain a lot.

There is even a website! http://www.bennucafe.com/

2015 GAF FC meetup location has been found.

EDIT: Bad news. They don't serve corn pizzas.

I endorse this plan mainly because it's half an hour from my house.

The other day I'm driving around, I see this place

bennu-cafe.jpg

Scary times.

When we were doing T12, I would always see this site advertised on Korean League of Legends tournament streams.

logo.gif

scary.

iammeiam

Elaborate on this strategery s'il-vous-plait. The person who told you Titan-Egi was cheating, does he or she consider PLD or WAR as their main or 1st alt? That would explain a lot.

Nothing really fancy. Have a WAR tank and abuse Holmgang on basically every Wild Charge it's up; bring along a couple of BLMs and have them take the other ones with like... All possible mitigation up.

Second add set is the only really hard part conceptually because whatever non-tank(s) takes adds need to essentially hold them until the other set is dead so the tank can pick up adds 5 and 6. Without Titan Egi's aggro bonuses I don't know how you do that without healing pulling the adds off the DPS tanking them.

Which is also I guess what makes it cheating--if you're going to solo tank bringing in a tank pet is like... 1.5 tanking.

There's probably a ton of other issues with it but in terms of random theory it was interesting to think about for a while.

Valor

what the hell happened in this thread while I was reading manga!?

I thought that my gatherer tank war was going to start a firestorm, instead you're talking about derpy dogs and bennu cafes!?

Sigh. On topic, I might be getting a new cat soon /o\

Nothing really fancy. Have a WAR tank and abuse Holmgang on basically every Wild Charge it's up; bring along a couple of BLMs and have them take the other ones with like... All possible mitigation up.

Second add set is the only really hard part conceptually because whatever non-tank(s) takes adds need to essentially hold them until the other set is dead so the tank can pick up adds 5 and 6. Without Titan Egi's aggro bonuses I don't know how you do that without healing pulling the adds off the DPS tanking them.

Which is also I guess what makes it cheating--if you're going to solo tank bringing in a tank pet is like... 1.5 tanking.

There's probably a ton of other issues with it but in terms of random theory it was interesting to think about for a while.

The issue I think becomes that the adds can do a decent bit of damage to a tank, so I'm not sure if a regular old dps or healer can withstand the cleaves for very long. That's my biggest hang up. With the extra dps, though, you may be able to blow them up super quick and it won't be an issue. Perhaps blowing up one set of adds, letting the tank hold the second set for the duration, and then dps down the second set asap? Maybe have one daughter on one person and a son on the other? Oh man, the aoes would be everywhere D:

plake

EDIT: Bad news. They don't serve corn pizzas.

WHAT kind of place DOESN'T serve CORN PIZZAS?!

NE710TS.jpg

Would it be possible for a PLD MT to cover whoever is in front of the Charge line btw? Crossed my mind.

scy

Chicken nugget has standards, would like to be considered a person.

Oh man, the aoes would be everywhere D:

Having them back-to-back would make both their flanks fairly safe? Just have to blow them up super fast \o/

Would it be possible for a PLD MT to cover whoever is in front of the Charge line btw? Crossed my mind.

Cover doesn't block Magic damage.

iammeiam

The issue I think becomes that the adds can do a decent bit of damage to a tank, so I'm not sure if a regular old dps or healer can withstand the cleaves for very long. That's my biggest hang up. With the extra dps, though, you may be able to blow them up super quick and it won't be an issue. Perhaps blowing up one set of adds, letting the tank hold the second set for the duration, and then dps down the second set asap? Maybe have one daughter on one person and a son on the other? Oh man, the aoes would be everywhere D:

I think the vague idea I was trying to push was bringing 2 DRGs to tank the adds. Part of the problem is I have no idea what I'm talking about and just want to go mess around and try things. there's also the possibility of trying that JP AOE strat and hopefully just offing 4 at once after LB and double BLM powers.

and maybe I'm looking for excuses to get gloves.

I dunno, but I think the range of Cover would fail on tether/charge.

aceface

NOW WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE. Time to buy two of those Grimm mics for you and Biscotti to use for Mumble. I'll ship it out to Bennu Cafe.

Yes now you know, I live in the most boring place on earth- rural upstate NY. You can get mics but Choco will never talk!

Jayhawk

Do pets even work with the Wild Charge mechanic? Let us dream of a line of five Titan-Egis to soak damage. Even if it doesn't work, 6SMN+2 healers mean 8 people who can raise during battle. This is the future of T10.

iammeiam

Do pets even work with the Wild Charge mechanic? Let us dream of a line of five Titan-Egis to soak damage. Even if it doesn't work, 6SMN+2 healers mean 8 people who can raise during battle. This is the future of T10.

Ifrit Egi got marked for charge priority once, but like a typical melee he basically just tunneled on the boss the whole time.

Valor

Maybe you should stay in retirement... the game has passed you by. Start working on schematics for the Mark I.

Just don't put tether markers on any of the egis

Scy did that to Ifrit egi on a T10 before and parked it right on top of my character, leading me to be very confused about where to stand for Heat Lightning and when to go in for charge because I thought there was another player there

shit messes with your brain, man.

Jayhawk

Maybe you should stay in retirement... the game has passed you by. Start working on schematics for the Mark I.

If you stop innovating, you stop being successful. 6 SMN T10 will succeed, even if pets don't soak Wild Charge. Just die in a corner if you have it. Somebody gonna get you right back up no problem. Any time you can say 'just go die in a corner if you have to deal with mechanic', it means it's an okay strategy for carries.

LtOrange

Put in some time over the weekend and finally finished the 2.0 story line. Is it realistic to hope to finish the post release content before Heavensward? I really don't want to miss out on the launch atmosphere.

plake

Put in some time over the weekend and finally finished the 2.0 story line. Is it realistic to hope to finish the post release content before Heavensward? I really don't want to miss out on the launch atmosphere.

Yes. Live breathe sleep it. Join us.

I beat the whole main scenario in one sub when I started last month while juggling a full time job and family.
I finished watching all the last cutscenes with just like one hour left on my sub when the game kicked me out haha
Play with friends, it'll help.

Zhao_Yun

So I started raiding like 3 or 4 weeks ago and joined a completely new static. T9 took us a while even with the Echo buff but we eventually cleared it. We started FCoB last week and finished T11 tonight just before the patch and the possible echo lands. I heard that T12 is really tough and according to some even tougher than T13 but I am really looking forward to it. It's my first time being in a raid static but it has been a lot of fun until now. :)

Animus is probably as far as I'm going. No doubt whatever the next weapon quest is will cost money at some point.

Yeah, I stopped at Animus as well since I don't see myself getting to Zodiac before the expansion. I'd rather save my money for now :p

So I started raiding like 3 or 4 weeks ago and joined a completely new static. T9 took us a while even with the Echo buff but we eventually cleared it. We started FCoB last week and finished T11 tonight just before the patch and the possible echo lands. I heard that T12 is really tough and according to some even tougher than T13 but I am really looking forward to it. It's my first time being in a raid static but it has been a lot of fun until now. :)

Yeah, I stopped at Animus as well since I don't see myself getting to Zodiac before the expansion. I'd rather save my money for now :p

t12 isnt all that difficult. especially when the dmg isnt as high as it is in t13

Zhao_Yun

There isn't anywhere in the universe where that is true. T12 is an absolute faceroll now that everyone has ilvl128+.

t12 isnt all that difficult. especially when the dmg isnt as high as it is in t13

Well, I may have got false information then :p Have to get it done anyway so I won't mind it being easier.
How was the difficulty when FCoB was still new? Also much easier than T13?

Well, I may have got false information then :p Have to get it done anyway so I won't mind it being easier.
How was the difficulty when FCoB was still new? Also much easier than T13?

when fcob just released there was a glitch with blackfires that made t12 super easy, then they nerfed that and it got tougher. everything's much easier than t13. damage is real in that turn compared to other ones

aceface

The difficulty of T12 is entirely dependent on your dps. If you are pushing good dps, mechanics are easier than T11 IMO. But the way it is set up if your dps is lacking it's a long slow death.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
when fcob just released there was a glitch with blackfires that made t12 super easy, then they nerfed that and it got tougher. everything's much easier than t13. damage is real in that turn compared to other ones

What was the flaw? Is this Titan Egi 2.0?

This is Stefan from the FC.

So I finally made it out of the early game darkness, and they're letting me do light party raids now (I'm around level 20 Arcanist).

So my question is, does anyone have any tips for how to be a good DPS?
I almost never play MMOs, or games with this type of party strategy.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This is Stefan from the FC.

So I finally made it out of the early game darkness, and they're letting me do light party raids now (I'm around level 20 Arcanist).

So my question is, does anyone have any tips for how to be a good DPS?
I almost never play MMOs, or games with this type of party strategy.

Press all da buttons.

Just don't be lazy and see what seems to be an optimum rotation for you. You'll be at summoner soon (I figured that is what you plan on being?). Are you on PC or PS3/PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom