• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT7| 1000 years DRAGONSONG War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

I did an entire lockout of T11 DF.

Desperation city of people trying to lose soldiery bonus so they can join farm groups.

Raijinken

Because no one is on! But idk, there's something exciting about doing turns with people you'll probably never see again, thankfully in most cases.

http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/000986.html

These should have been in 2.56.

0420_003.png
0420_006.png

I need this hairstyle so bad...

iammeiam

FCOB NA character clears:

6: Sargatanas : 473
7: Leviathan : 432
8: Ultros : 342

The war has been won.

What's kind of interesting is that it looks like Ultros has a marginally higher clear percentage for "active" players--2.85% vs 2.79% for Levi.

Also interesting is that it looks like the srs hardcore endgame NA servers all hover around 5% FCoB clears based on the minion. JP servers look at our puny clear rates and laugh. Except for Shinryu. What is Shinryu's deal?

What's kind of interesting is that it looks like Ultros has a marginally higher clear percentage for "active" players--2.85% vs 2.79% for Levi.

Also interesting is that it looks like the srs hardcore endgame NA servers all hover around 5% FCoB clears based on the minion. JP servers look at our puny clear rates and laugh. Except for Shinryu. What is Shinryu's deal?

Stolen from reddit:

28k out of the 36k T13 clears are on JP servers, and 8k are on NA and EU servers, which works out to about 1.8% of the NA/EU population.

iammeiam

Stolen from reddit:

Yeah, this is the relevant slide. It's interesting to look at individual world stats beyond the larger summary, I think. For all that Ultros is ded, at least we're not Jenova or Zalera with .35% clear rates. Their PFs must be so vacant.

...and now I wonder if FCoB carry prices are higher or lower on servers with basically no clears. Maybe they don't exist even, and everyone is still selling T9.

Stuart444

I would like to see the numbers after the expansion comes out.

I also wonder how many people will still try to clear FCoB after Alexander is out. Could be a good number of people since there is still T5/T9 clear parties and all.

RetroMG

Hey guise, I just started playing Final Fantasy XIV and I'm really happy to be... oh. No one is playing?

Well, I'm happy to be here anyway. :)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feels good to be one of the 342 on the server. Unless those numbers are really old.

That can't be right. We also have people with T13 clear experience doing it on their alts, which would further pad the numbers. Is this by account or character?

Number seems really low, but then again it would roughly equate to 42-43 Static Groups.

iammeiam

T13 clear numbers aren't 100%, but they use the same method they used last time: Countng characters who have the T13 minion, because while you can hide achievements you cannot hide minions.

Since the minion is optional, it's not 100% accurate, but the assumption is that if you care enough to get the clear you probably care enough to get the minion (even on an alt.)

Also I can't really read the footnote because lol kanji, but I think it says character counts were scraped from 4/10 -4/16

scy

The Last Pre-Echo T12

Highlights include random tank suicide at 6 minutes in, and the other tank apparently getting jealous and just straight-up DCing at 8 minutes in.

I still want to figure out why I decided life wasn't worth living anymore.

I can't wait for Selene T12s with 10% echo

Three Bennu dream!!

Man, with echo it's time to math out two Bennu.

I did an entire lockout of T11 DF.

God bless.

Qvoth

how is that new ponytail different from the one you need to buy from golden saucer?

edit: ok you have a front bang with the new one, the tail part is more pronounced as well

Valor

The Last Pre-Echo T12

Highlights include random tank suicide at 6 minutes in, and the other tank apparently getting jealous and just straight-up DCing at 8 minutes in. That he continued to fight and even winds up MTing for 15 seconds while never actually reconnecting is kind of impressive.

It was actually pretty fun, given that for three solid minutes I was expecting somebody to call a wipe any minute. But no.

Oh man, we had a huge freaking storm and my internet got knocked out legit all night from that D: Felix told me you guys cleared and got junk though, so there's that. Grats?

Dude look how good my corpse is taking over for Rin when he got Revelation'd to death. Man. I'm so good even when I'm dc'd.

rubius01

That can't be right. We also have people with T13 clear experience doing it on their alts, which would further pad the numbers. Is this by account or character?

Number seems really low, but then again it would roughly equate to 42-43 Static Groups.

That site just gives you general numbers. I remember i used it to see how many nutkins people had on ultros and it said like 3. I know Felix and me have one, and I know I've seen like 10 on random people, so with small numbers take it with a grain of salt.

Wagram

With the introduction of both Story and Savage in the expansion. I wonder how long before we'll see requests for nerfing savage as well.

iammeiam

Dps gotta step it upppp can't out-threat an AFK DC'd Paladin.

115 Sword 2 stronk

See, my takeaway was that you're much more pleasant to run content with when your internet is dead.

Now you are back on the internet and things are unpleasant.

Still, it was a fitting end to pre-echo FCoB.

Wagram

The hilarious thing is most of these clears are filled with alts from the same people. The group I run with does three total groups.

iammeiam

How badly do iLevel requirements screw up the ability of doing FCoB as a group on guaranteed-to-fail alt jobs?

Did this just ruin the one guaranteed source of hilarity currently in the game?

scy

How badly do iLevel requirements screw up the ability of doing FCoB as a group on guaranteed-to-fail alt jobs?

Did this just ruin the one guaranteed source of hilarity currently in the game?

Oh man, I didn't even think about checking the ilvl requirements: i110, i115, i120, i123.

iammeiam

10 should be fine I guess but 11+ won't work on jobs people haven't put any effort into gearing yet (which tend to be the funniest?)

Although you can probably cheat the right side with wrong-class accessories for a boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom