• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

R0ckman

What the hell is the deal? I've been playing this game for a long time and usually things slow down the later in the night it gets but for this expansion the disconnects and queues get worse as the night gets older.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
@_@ 809 queue for Ultros. Man, there were a lot of people who didn't do early access I guess.

While I wait. My 270 character before spamming for better gear.

gmPuVzZ.png

Yeah, I am not a big fan of the SMN AF. Look way to much like the last one. Does show off Legacy Tattoo really well on the back though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What the hell is the deal? I've been playing this game for a long time and usually things slow down the later in the night it gets but for this expansion the disconnects and queues get worse as the night gets older.

We're still in launch week. It's unsurprising that things get worse towards evening, this is when people play the most.

iammeiam

@_@ 809 queue for Ultros. Man, there were a lot of people who didn't do early access I guess.

The instance server problems are going to force queues everywhere; been trying for 40 minutes to get back into a dungeon (I want to finish MCH today, maybe spam through BRD tomorrow, and squeeze in RDM Thursday/Friday if possible) and every time it 90ks out the queue grows. First time was 300, now 1,500 people to get back into Levi.

Phocks

Alright, I get that you guys are the badboys on the server but PLEASE for the sake of the community don't gaf Hunts anymore. Especially the level 50 hunts that melt like butter now that everyone is in their 70s.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Alright, I get that you guys are the badboys on the server but PLEASE for the sake of the community don't gaf Hunts anymore. Especially the level 50 hunts that melt like butter now that everyone is in their 70s.

People were early pulling several ARR S ranks earlier today.

And I Ive had terribel luck finding ARR A Ranks. I think those might be gone for good, as it seems people are jsut soloing them. Found someoen soling Hellsclaw earlier.

I wish HW and SB hunts dropped Allied seals.

ebil

They should have updated the level 50 S marks HP values. It makes zero sense for them to remain so low with how valuable they are right now.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, I got d/c'd out of an instance at lvl 64 that was probably a big story point, and with the word from everyone here, looks like it's back to openworld fates whenever this queue is done

ebil

Why are the vaulable?
You can now upgrade your mount speed in ARR zones using Allied Seals (250 seals per zone), they still reward Tomestones (even though we get triple marks in the new zones since everything has 3 instances right now), and there's the new achievement (2k S ranks, 3k A ranks) for the tiger mount.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Beat the MSQ today. The last boss is very challenging for a story boss.

Unlocked flying in all the zones and did the 70 dungeons also. Time to pick the next job to level.

Baliis

Just beat the first optional dungeon. After turning in the quest, there's a line of dialogue that was left in Japanese. I found a few bug reports for it, but haven't found any translation. Any ideas?

r5Oh2xG.jpg

"Shiosai, I think it's time for me to journey outside of this village."

Off topic a bit, but what's the verb there? 参りたい It looks like? Hard to make out in the pic.

iammeiam

It will never cease to amaze me how successful ZR was in framing GAF for all early hunt pulls.

GAF en masse never early pulled; a couple of isolated individuals did at one point or another, people in another large FC started blaming GAF back in the 2.x days, three years later everyone still parrots it. It's a self-sustaining meme.

Unless they all grew goatees and started wearing leather jackets and smoking since I left, I don't think GAF is the bad boys of their ward of the Mist, let alone the whole server.

IvorB

Ha ha. This is a meme... not real.

Hi guys, been lurking for along time.....reading everything here makes me want to play the game!!!!!

What is the best class to start off for solo leveling?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It will never cease to amaze me how successful ZR was in framing GAF for all early hunt pulls.

GAF en masse never early pulled; a couple of isolated individuals did at one point or another, people in another large FC started blaming GAF back in the 2.x days, three years later everyone still parrots it. It's a self-sustaining meme.

Unless they all grew goatees and started wearing leather jackets and smoking since I left, I don't think GAF is the bad boys of their ward of the Mist, let alone the whole server.

We did early pull the Western Highlands A hunt the day before servers went down before the great walk.

It was hilarious.

Baliis

Hi guys, been lurking for along time.....reading everything here makes me want to play the game!!!!!

What is the best class to start off for solo leveling?

You can level as any class really, though tank and healer will get you through the story dungeons faster

Luminaire

Not a part of the GAF FC but I did once run a bunch of marlboros into the S Ranks in one of the Shrouds. I've never seen so many people unable to move. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

I'm not a great tank.....and dear heavens an even worse healer. Is it hard tanking or healing?

I played Guild Wars mainly, never touched WoW

Guild wars as in GW2 or GW1? 2 didn't have healers or tanks as far as I remember, I think they added some elite spec that had better healing but nothing too special.

In terms of what's harder, tank is easier imo. There's only a handful of fights where the tank actually has to play right, a lot of the time it's grab the mob, turn it around, press your buttons and wait 5-10mins for it to die. Have to keep cooldowns for tank busters every now and then but in general it's just a lot easier cause there's not nearly as mechanics to do as tank. Obviously there's room for improvement and stuff but it's fairly straightforward.

Healing is imo harder because you have to both do mechanics and stay focused on health bars to keep everyone alive, but not too focused if you don't want to die to random aoes and what not.

They definitely will level a lot faster due to faster queues for all the dungeons and trials you have to do along the way. Although I guess if you're in a good FC you can grab a tank and a healer to help run through stuff unsynced or whatever and should be able to smash every fight fairly easily like this too.

It's just if you join a dungeon and people decide to abandon because whatever reasons, having 2-10mins queues is a lot better than having 30-40mins queues. But if you want to play a DPS class you can, it's not THAT bad with friends/FC as I said.

Redx508

Alright i'll take this bait.

i don't know how long you played on Ultros for but "get gaf" is a server meme from 2.0 days when we had a few bad apples. ZR and other fc's used to blame us even if no one from gaf was near the hunt. now a days GAF'D is used as a server meme and 100% of the time is not someone from gaf who pulled. so for the sake of the community PLEASE don't believe everything you read in shout chat.

we are the badboys of the server lol first time to hear that.

erawsd

Just 90ked in a Dungeon. Not entering one, but at the first boss. 2 other party members were also dcing.

Yeah, I got 90k and I cant even get to the queue, it just says "can't retrieve character due to server congestion". Oh well, I was about to wrap it up for the night anyway...

Guild wars as in GW2 or GW1? 2 didn't have healers or tanks as far as I remember, I think they added some elite spec that had better healing but nothing too special.

In terms of what's harder, tank is easier imo. There's only a handful of fights where the tank actually has to play right, a lot of the time it's grab the mob, turn it around, press your buttons and wait 5-10mins for it to die. Have to keep cooldowns for tank busters every now and then but in general it's just a lot easier cause there's not nearly as mechanics to do as tank. Obviously there's room for improvement and stuff but it's fairly straightforward.

Healing is imo harder because you have to both do mechanics and stay focused on health bars to keep everyone alive, but not too focused if you don't want to die to random aoes and what not.

They definitely will level a lot faster due to faster queues for all the dungeons and trials you have to do along the way. Although I guess if you're in a good FC you can grab a tank and a healer to help run through stuff unsynced or whatever and should be able to smash every fight fairly easily like this too.

It's just if you join a dungeon and people decide to abandon because whatever reasons, having 2-10mins queues is a lot better than having 30-40mins queues. But if you want to play a DPS class you can, it's not THAT bad with friends/FC as I said.

1st guild wars, wasn't a fan of the second one since they got rid of the trinity aspect.

Guess I will roll tank, thanks for the response

Luminaire

1st guild wars, wasn't a fan of the second one since they got rid of the trinity aspect.

Guess I will roll tank, thanks for the response

The lack of trinity is why I quit GW2. I loved elementalist. I hated everyone being a tank/healer/dps and being terrible at all of the roles.

Hope you like FFXIV! Take it slow, at your own pace. No rush to get to Stormblood as it'll be relevant for the next two years with new patches and content rolling out every 3-4 months.

Top Bottom