• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Foxxsoxx

Wait, are the servers in turmoil?

You'd think the worst would be over. There's no way there are that many people that didn't pre-order... Right?

AwShucks

Apparently I underestimated the number of people that would be playing this that wouldn't be playing during early login. I had short queues and one server disconnect the last four days. I can't even get in game tonight.

Squishy3

Don't have NIN at 70 but them, and SAM, are basically the kings of melee DPS right now.

I can say that there is no greater joy than watching a giant frog appear constantly.
Dragoon's new rotation is really good too, the only weird part is having to target someone for the Dragon Sight buff, so it's annoying to weave it between a GCD.

Haven't hit 70 yet but I get the theory behind the Life of the Dragon activation and Nastrond usage, though. It's actually less complicated to do than might seem because of the way Mirage Dive actually works. The only part that matters is using the jumps as they come off cooldown, while Mirage Dive has no cooldown, and you can save it for when you hit your next max BOTD timer (this is the real reason why Dive Ready lasts 15 seconds) and also save it for if your Mirage Dives and Geirskogul timers are out of whack.

Stormblood Dragoon is really good and I think I like the new opener way better. Mirage Dive's animation is also really good.

_woLf

Wait, are the servers in turmoil?

You'd think the worst would be over. There's no way there are that many people that didn't pre-order... Right?

It's not just people who didn't preorder. I actually imagine there's a pretty decent amount of people getting into the game for the first time right now via the complete edition.

And it doesn't help that they just turned on another welcome back campaign. :/

Kusagari

Apparently I underestimated the number of people that would be playing this that wouldn't be playing during early login. I had short queues and one server disconnect the last four days. I can't even get in game tonight.

Yeah, I never had a queue of more than 100 on Hyperion during early access. Tonight, it was more than 2,000 and the second I got through it would just instantly DC.

AwShucks

Yeah, I never had a queue of more than 100 on Hyperion during early access. Tonight, it was more than 2,000 and the second I got through it would just instantly DC.

It was that and DC before getting through the queue as well. Going to try in an hour and hope to get at least a bit before the maintenance starts.

dramatis

I mean:

does Drama know about this

she is going /no the hell out of all of you
I knew after the fact, though during the walk I made the walk train jump off a cliff rather than go the long way, and someone actually died from the jump.

Pretty sure we're not bad boys

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The exact moment people started DCing in my trial roulette. The explosion seems appropriate.
ffxiv_06202017_233658s5s8l.jpg

Somehow it went on down to 5% after this as one of the healers survived and started ressing. 90k hit us all then.

Gold_Loot

It's "launch day," but there's no reason for traffic to be significantly higher today than yesterday. Most people who were interested in SB pre-ordered, and other people could still have been logged in playing non-SB content before today.
Gotta factor in it's also reset day. Tuesday's are usually busier no matter the content.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is anyone doing the ARR/HW hunt bills? I wonder if they're worth the time.

The first level 60 RDM job quest was a bit frustrating.
Arya stop standing in the fucking AOEs omg why.

Really loving the class, though. How have people found xp to be? I'm considering switching from RDM to my AST for side questing, if that won't hurt my RDM xp too much.

Hm wasn't the noclip documentary supposed to pop up before launch?

I thought so, but isn't yet.

The first level 60 RDM job quest was a bit frustrating.
Arya stop standing in the fucking AOEs omg why.

Really loving the class, though. How have people found xp to be? I'm considering switching from RDM to my AST for side questing, if that won't hurt my RDM xp too much.

I thought so, but isn't yet.

he talked about it in their latest Q&A. There were some last minute adjustments that needed to be made to the translation of things for accuracy reasons, but SE has (understandably) been busy running around putting out fires w/ the early access/launch issues. They're expecting to release the first part on Friday of this week.

Don't have NIN at 70 but them, and SAM, are basically the kings of melee DPS right now.

I can say that there is no greater joy than watching a giant frog appear constantly.

That's good to know if I ever decide to actually get NIN to 70. Shadow Fang comboing off of Gust Slash feels weird though.

I want to level something but that's actually not going to happen for a while I think. A bit pooped on leveling right now. Just going to get the last dungeon then relax.

aceface

Anyone know where to get a poncho?
Saw someone with one so I checked the board an it only had 1 super expensive one.

You get the mats to make it from Aquaoplis (treasure hunt dungeon). They are rare and behind layers of rng. Once you get the materials from there you can craft it.

Omnicent

12 hours of susano ex and my soul is broken, battered, and bruised. Not one clear as people always die to seasplitter + parting clouds.
annndd boom. Guess ill wrap it up while I digest things to be better at clouds

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
It's "launch day," but there's no reason for traffic to be significantly higher today than yesterday. Most people who were interested in SB pre-ordered, and other people could still have been logged in playing non-SB content before today.

I think it may be fair to assume a lot of people didn't take part in Early access.

Will say this, even with all the errors, i flew over Pipin and Rauban and there weren't crowds. Least it seems the playerbase has been diluted over various zones.

Yanxia and Stepps were kind of full today, probably the wave from the Early access launch, but Ruby Sea really seemed to work well at spreading people apart given it's size. Makes me wonder if the problems with EA would have been lessened had there been dungeons and such before Ruby Sea and not solo instances. In the end, yeah SE deserves a lot of flack for not having servers to handle the load, but the decision to put two instanced fights right at the start was a very poor choice.

Doombear

Anyone happen to know what Aether Currents I might have missed in Azim Steppe? I just finished Mettle (3rd Dungeon) and I see people flying there that are level 66 as well. No more currents detected. No "blue +" quest markers anywhere in the zone. Am I just shy of hitting it in MSQ?

Not that it matters, just 90k'd and now unable to get back in at all. Even to queue.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Wut. Maintenance just started an hour early or something? I was at the end of the final quest in the Ruby Sea too. Was gonna log out after that. Way to blue ball me.

2002 for me and my friends. I just wanted to at least fucking finish this roulette, but it's apparently not gonna happen.

Fucking unreal how broken this shit is right now.

Top Bottom