• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Physical ranged jobs need to lose the ability to autoattack when not facing the boss tho. For some reason that personally offends me.

And the level 65 dungeon aiming hat has a raccoon tail. It's pretty sweet.

That sounds pretty good, we've also got the new AF hat. Good hat's are making a return.

I really don't like Bloodspiller.

With other abilities it feels clear what you are supposed to do with it and that's it's a damage increase.

With Bloodspiller I really can't tell whether I'm using it right or not. My testing showed that there's no discernible difference in damage if you use it either way but that can't be right.

Also it disrupts the mana regain flow from the Souleater combo so it feels awkward to use. Would have liked it more if it was oGCD with whatever potency nerf was needed.

iammeiam

That sounds pretty good, we've also got the new AF hat. Good hat's are making a return.

Potato picture, but:

NwtVxTL.jpg

Chalk it up to 'things I didn't realize my life was missing"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Where do they get the tails though, there's nothing on the steppes that have those kinds of tails???

Frumix

Suffering From Success
10800 enchanted moulinets in dungeons
27000 verholy
4050 dps on a 3m parse

RDM looks stro--- oh BLM is still outdoing us.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
10800 enchanted moulinets in dungeons
27000 verholy
4050 dps on a 3m parse

RDM looks stro--- oh BLM is still outdoing us.
I'm fine with that honestly our mobility is still miles ahead of what their stupid leylines TP can do.
PVP is so much fun as a black mage.

YOU GET SLEPT.

YOU GET SLEPT.

Everybody gets slept!

I'm really jelly of their Adrenaline Rush setup potential. As RDM I just have to cast and hope.

Luminaire

I'm fine with that honestly our mobility is still miles ahead of what their stupid leylines TP can do.

I'm really jelly of their Adrenaline Rush setup potential. As RDM I just have to cast and hope.

It's only lasts 3 seconds so it's hard to set up your own AR combo, but it's helpful for a melee to get one off. I use it mostly to help people escape or gently lay them on the tracks for the giant train that's barreling their way.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So is all the Lv. 64 gear just recolors/reskins of the Aery gear (and dyeable now)?

Because that's fine, I love the Aery gear, just seems a bit strange.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Just beat the first optional dungeon. After turning in the quest, there's a line of dialogue that was left in Japanese. I found a few bug reports for it, but haven't found any translation. Any ideas?

r5Oh2xG.jpg

Alo0oy

Banned
Why is the FFXIV app on the PS4 so fucking fragile? I'm re-downloading 22Gigs for the third time in 5 days, any slight irregular occurrence causes it to freak out and request to re-download the app. I turned off the PS4 while the app was running, which apparently makes it want to re-download everything all over again? Previously my old PS4 overheated, and the app made me re-download everything.

almost 70 Gigs in 5 days, RIP datacap. The game needs a proper port instead of what appears to be PC sandbox mode.

Korezo

Subbed for 3 months and don't want to play after first day, because I don't want to grind anymore.. I really wanted to play stormblood to.. I just can't do this xp shit anymore..

Got a few hours to play tonight. Really loving this expansion so far. I enjoyed HW but so far I like this better. Tonight I spent most of my time doing the MSQ in The Ruby Sea and knocking out side quests as they popped. Started the night at the beginning island at lv 63 and ended in Tamamizu just about to hit 64.

Have only done
Sirensong Sea
once a few days ago for the story, but I loved it. I'm extremely excited to see the rest of the dungeons and the expansion areas!

duckroll

I was doing frontline for DRK 60-70 and was going to do Stormblood content for MNK 60-70. But right now doing just pvp for DRK and it killed my mood for the game.

Well I mean like.... why? If you don't find grinding fun, and you haven't done the Stormblood story, and you want to, why are you grinding through Frontlines just for levels anyway? I don't understand this!

Teiran

Just beat the first optional dungeon. After turning in the quest, there's a line of dialogue that was left in Japanese. I found a few bug reports for it, but haven't found any translation. Any ideas?

Kurenai's saying she wants to leave Sui-no-Sato.
(IIRC the following lines make it pretty clear why.)

Squishy3

I was doing frontline for DRK 60-70 and was going to do Stormblood content for MNK 60-70. But right now doing just pvp for DRK and it killed my mood for the game.
Just take Monk through the story now and level Dark after so you get the armory bonus...?

Armaros

You have instant queues as a tank, PotD, or doing Monk to 70 first to get the armory bonus...

Xux

Jeeze, can't get into a Duty for anything. You know this fuck's shitted when you can't get into Guildhest Roulette of all things.

Queue'd in at 8, 150+, then 600+ so maybe it's contagious.

ebil

For the 70 RDMs here do you think we can afford to double-weave at all? It might be my EST connection but I feel like all the animation locks preclude double-weaving, and this might be intentional due to the speed of the job.
I have no problem double-weaving my oGCDs (though I try to avoid Flèche + Contre de Sixte because they make me really close to clipping), but then again I have like 10 ping.

tmtyf

I'm liking what I've played so far. Unfortunately it hasn't been much due to 4000+ queue line but I know it'll get better soon.

Worst part is getting used to the new rotation of actions due to muscle memory.

Gattsu25

Banned
Was queuing up for floor 91-100 with a fixed party in the Palace of the Dead. Wanted to unlock floors 101-150.

We all got disconnected after accepting the duty. Hope that doesn't count as us failing that run and having to do the entire thing all over again.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaand I got disconnected from the server again after wading through the queue

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Was queuing up for floor 91-100 with a fixed party in the Palace of the Dead. Wanted to unlock floors 101-150.

We all got disconnected after accepting the duty. Hope that doesn't count as us failing that run and having to do the entire thing all over again.
As long as you have a save file without deaths for that group, I think you should be fine.

Gattsu25

Banned
As long as you have a save file without deaths for that group, I think you should be fine.

Yeah, that's the hope.

The fear is that, since we all accepted the duty and got disconnected on the loading screen, if the game counts that as a "loss" or death.

Top Bottom