• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Redx508

325388073942777858.png

RIP

Gattsu25

Banned
Was queuing up for floor 91-100 with a fixed party in the Palace of the Dead. Wanted to unlock floors 101-150.

We all got disconnected after accepting the duty. Hope that doesn't count as us failing that run and having to do the entire thing all over again.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaand I got disconnected from the server again after wading through the queue

Yeah, that's the hope.

The fear is that, since we all accepted the duty and got disconnected on the loading screen, if the game counts that as a "loss" or death.

Update to the above. It's all good. It doesn't count as a loss/death and we were able to get to floors 101+ (currently on floor 111)

auAca4E.png

The lack of trinity is why I quit GW2. I loved elementalist. I hated everyone being a tank/healer/dps and being terrible at all of the roles.

Hope you like FFXIV! Take it slow, at your own pace. No rush to get to Stormblood as it'll be relevant for the next two years with new patches and content rolling out every 3-4 months.

whats the best way to buy all the expansions and stuff? I'm assuming there has to be a discount to buy all 3 or something

Berordn

whats the best way to buy all the expansions and stuff? I'm assuming there has to be a discount to buy all 3 or something

Stormblood now includes Heavensward. ARR supersedes 1.0 as well.

The complete collection at 60 gets you everything, ARR is 20 and Stormblood is 40.

Amirnol

Getting dc'd in a dungeon and then logging back on only to find yourself in a 800 player queue is a bit ridiculous. Considering there are other people waiting for me, it should really put dc'd players who are in a duty at the front of the logging in queue, do we all agree on this?

Voror

Do the changes to gameplay only show up if you have Stormblood or is it retroactively applied?

Been thinking about jumping back in after falling off a couple years age, though I know I have a long way to go (I was at Hakke Manor last I think). Not sure how hard it might be to get through those areas of course depending on the amount of players available.

Luminaire

A Realm Reborn (FFXIV 2.0) is usually pretty cheap. Sometimes $10 or so. That'll be the base game. Stormblood comes with Heavensward rolled in, I think that's $40? The sub is like $12, but it's even cheaper if you just do the basic subscription which limits you to 8 chars I think.

Worst part of the expansion release for me is how many people don't have a clue how to play the game...The amount of wiping that I've had in PotD recently is outrageous.Between a lack of understanding on combos/rotations and the disregard for traps, it's just obnoxious. Had a Machinist who did nothing but the main AoE attack the whole set of floors yesterday and had a dragoon who only used the first dragoon attack the whole time...

Getting dc'd in a dungeon and then logging back on only to find yourself in a 800 player queue is a bit ridiculous. Considering there are other people waiting for me, it should really put dc'd players who are in a duty at the front of the logging in queue, do we all agree on this?

People have complained about this since ARR launch. I think it's safe to say that this will never happen.

kromeo

We agreed on that back when the game launched, SE obviously felt otherwise

Bowlie

Banned
I'm stuck in a solo duty for 10 minutes, the NPCs and the enemies are frozen, and I can't quit, but I can't progress also.

I am timeless.

iammeiam

A decent chunk of that queue are also people who got dc'd since it's happening to pretty much everyone right now. Very few worlds are 'full' as in 'we can't have more people on concurrently than are already there.' As of a couple of days ago, the list in NA was Balmung, Gilgamesh, and Leviathan as actually full-full.

Usually login queues are generated by people all trying to get in at once; they shoot up when the servers go to pot because 1,000 people get booted and all 1,000 try to get back on at once, so you're stuck waiting for it to process through everyone and prioritizing the people queued up due to a disconnect on most servers ahead from new logins wouldn't change up much. It's not that they can't all fit in the same room, they just have to get in line to fit through the door.

That said if you're on an actual congested world, it's a little different (and the 2.0 situation was different.)

lol i can explain this one we were having a goodbye to HW fc walk in coerthas and this A rank pops right next to us so this happen The last hunt of Heavensward

I approve of this slaughter

Aeana

This is launch day.

Compared to HW, this is pretty poor stuff. =/
It's "launch day," but there's no reason for traffic to be significantly higher today than yesterday. Most people who were interested in SB pre-ordered, and other people could still have been logged in playing non-SB content before today.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Wow, the game is crashing to desktop from DC errors now. Not even pushing me back to title screen, but closing the game itself.

Lobby error 6001. Then back to Windows. Nuts.

aceface

90k, 10 minute queue to get back in, 90k again immediately. Eh, I think I'm done for tonight. I hope whatever they are doing in tonight's maintenance fixes something.

R0ckman

Worst part of the expansion release for me is how many people don't have a clue how to play the game...The amount of wiping that I've had in PotD recently is outrageous.Between a lack of understanding on combos/rotations and the disregard for traps, it's just obnoxious. Had a Machinist who did nothing but the main AoE attack the whole set of floors yesterday and had a dragoon who only used the first dragoon attack the whole time...

Not what I wanna read right now with clogged servers.

Arkeband

Banned
Finished the first trial and second dungeon tonight, almost level 65, taking my time.

The first trial was super badass. They're really surprising me with how creative they seem to be getting in regards to these and they're always the best part of FF14.

I'm not sure where the story is going and it seems to be a little less cohesive than Heavensward. I don't know if it's how everything is so spread out or the wildly deficient voice acting from everyone except the main cast but it hasn't hooked me yet.

And I'm starting to get sick of the Stormblood theme, which they have inserted into every single song. It's a great song but there can be too much of a good thing.

lol. 1500 people in front of me in the queue. Ugh.

That's considered a good queue on Gilgamesh, usually it's 3100+.

rezn0r

I just went from the start of 3.2 to the end of 3.5pt2 between yesterday afternoon and now. I am pumped to be caught up. I'm pretty sure as far as MSQ & unlocking things goes, I just played more in 2 days than the past 2 years. Of course then I get DC'd and the queue is screwed again - passing out but back at it tomorrow to get something else besides BRD from 50 to 60 to start 4.0!

Square Enix makes it really, really, REALLY hard to like this game.

For now I'm still managing to, but uh...I hope we're gonna get some kind of sub time for compensation for all this bullshit.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Being new to Ultros, I have no clue how GAF got a reputation as an early pull FC, but overall, Ultros is totally different from Sargatanas regarding hunts.

Sargatanas was ALWAYS early pulls. You teleport the second the word gets out, and when you get there, it's probably already pulled.

Ultros, I have seen some early pulls. Lot more in recent days since seals have a more practical purpose than just avoiding paying for teleports now. And even then, things seem calm.

The complete collection at 60 gets you everything, ARR is 20 and Stormblood is 40.[/QUOTE]

A Realm Reborn (FFXIV 2.0) is usually pretty cheap. Sometimes $10 or so. That'll be the base game. Stormblood comes with Heavensward rolled in, I think that's $40? The sub is like $12, but it's even cheaper if you just do the basic subscription which limits you to 8 chars I think.

oh wow, didn't realize Storm Blood includes Heavensward.....almost bought it seperate.

Welp now I know what keys to order on amazon!

Being new to Ultros, I have no clue how GAF got a reputation as an early pull FC, but overall, Ultros is totally different from Sargatanas regarding hunts.

Sargatanas was ALWAYS early pulls. You teleport the second the word gets out, and when you get there, it's probably already pulled.

Ultros, I have seen some early pulls. Lot more in recent days since seals have a more practical purpose than just avoiding paying for teleports now. And even then, things seem calm.

This has been a thing for years. I'm not sure how gaf got the reputation, but it's mostly bullshit.

scy

Was fixing Ninja bars before I got disconnected.

Anyone who has Ninja at 70 want to say whether or not the new abilites are good?

Don't have NIN at 70 but them, and SAM, are basically the kings of melee DPS right now.

I can say that there is no greater joy than watching a giant frog appear constantly.

Top Bottom