• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Ebris

So, are queues that don't move a known issue? I've been waiting 30 minutes on Balmung @ 3300 and it hasn't budged once.

Edit: Spoke too soon, it went down to 3204 now.

Ozigizo

I just got 90k'd out of my ward and was met with a 4000 queue that isn't moving at all. I don't think I'll get to play tonight.

DC9xMujXYAE26kb.png

DC9KkPpWsAEYHuK.png

Don't you wish you had a Lalafell like me?

Apoptomon

Got as far as unlocking the Lvl 67 dungeon so far in MSQ, looking forward to trying it out. The 65 one was quite different - I had no idea what was going on when the party just said"it's dance time", lol.

Since I've been gone from the game, did they change anything with locking onto enemies? I use my L3 to lock on like always but for some reason it doesn't take unless I'm absolutely do nothing. I don't remember it being like that.

Is that this issue?
UI Lead Hiroshi Minagawa over on the OF said:
Greetings, everyone. User Interface Lead Minagawa here.

The reason why Target Lock isn't working while the cross hotbar is active is because we assigned a new control feature called "Duty Action" to the L3/R3 button.

We apologize for taking time to update you on this.

This is working as intended and not a bug. However, since it was a change made to the feature, it was something that should have been announced in the Patch Notes but was missed. When we were creating the patch notes, we were addressing an issue with the Duty Action with the L3/R3 button, which caused it to not make it into the notes.

Would it be possible to make it so you can still lock on a target while the cross hotbar is active?

We're currently looking into this with the programmers, but we're having trouble getting the new control and old control working at the same time. We're looking to see if it's possible to revert the controls to the older method when the Duty Action is not available. However, since we have various control options available on the hotbar the system is pretty complex, therefore it is difficult to add a process which checks for this condition. For this reason, we're sorry but won't be able to fix this issue quickly.

We continue to work with our teams to look into other methods, such as making it so that the Duty Action can be registered onto the hotbar and add an option to revert back to the previous L3/R3 behavior to resolve this issue.

duckroll

So Iet's see. I'm towards the tail end of the exp bar for lvl66 now, should be hitting lvl67 the next time I play. I'm still on lvl65 quests in the Azim Steppe. I do Frontlines once a day at least, along with all the allowances for Vanu Vanu and Vath Beast Tribe quests. If the queue isn't awful I do the daily Trial roulette too. If I continue to do the MSQ and all the blue+ SQs, when will I hit the next level blocked MSQ?

So Iet's see. I'm towards the tail end of the exp bar for lvl66 now, should be hitting lvl67 the next time I play. I'm still on lvl65 quests in the Azim Steppe. I do Frontlines once a day at least, along with all the allowances for Vanu Vanu and Vath Beast Tribe quests. If the queue isn't awful I do the daily Trial roulette too. If I continue to do the MSQ and all the blue+ SQs, when will I hit the next level blocked MSQ?

You can probably stop doing sidequests other than flight ones and have enough MSQs left to hit 70(with like some roulettes/frontlines here and there), assuming rested xp. Maybe even without not sure, but you do get quite a lot of xp from the MSQ stuff and the dungeons on the way.

On my monk, I was doing most of my roulettes on my AST, did beast tribes and hunter bills on my AST also, didn't do any sidequests other than the first few ones because of Raubahn block the first few days, did a few frontlines here and there and I only got level blocked for the MSQ at 69(I just ran the 69 dungeon a 2nd time and did some of the hunts that day on my monk to hit 70). Granted full rested the entire time(I actually am still rested with my AST at 68, still haven't touched a sidequest).

Jeels

Finally made it to the first Stormblood primal. It's beautiful and easy to traverse underwater but I can't wait to get out of the Ruby Sea.

Gaius, Louisoix, Bahamut, Rowena.

In both increasing and decreasing order of likelihood.

I think the first one you listed is more likely.
It would have to be someone that we know of already in order for it to be shocking. Also the Emperor seemed to be offended at who was behind the mask which means it would have to be someone that he knows.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The 68/69 area is hell so maybe it's better to play it safe and enjoy Azim Steppe while you're in the ideal range for it.

Wow so that last Trial - Extreme version of that is gonna be rough I think

It's the best fight in the game.

Only FF7 fanboys think Heavensward's final is -- Although it was great, this was much better. Stormblood if full of those frantic fights, and that's what makes it good.

Though that might just be because Samurai itself is frantic, so keeping up with AOE stuff just makes it feel even better!

Anyone looking for an opener for Samurai can have mine. I'm willing to bet it's very close to openers from the mathemagicians;

Kasha Combo -> Hagakure -> Gekko Combo -> Hissatsu: Kaiten -> Higanbana -> Meikyo Shisui -> Yukikaze -> Gekko -> Kasha -> Midare Setsugekka -> Hissatsu Guren -> Kasha Combo -> Hakaze -> Shinten -> Jinpu -> Gekko -> Hakaze -> Yukikaze -> Kaiten -> Setsugekka

Use Shinten at absolute latest 45 kenki, Seigan whenever you can proc it, except when Guren is up or Kaiten needs to be used, those take priority.

It's fun.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Got as far as unlocking the Lvl 67 dungeon so far in MSQ, looking forward to trying it out. The 65 one was quite different - I had no idea what was going on when the party just said"it's dance time", lol.

Is that this issue?

Thanks so much for finding this! It's still a big problem for me. I know it couldn't have been like this while doing Coil.

iammeiam

Anyone have any theorycrafting google docs for ast floating around, or know what's the best materia to meld for ast right now? I'm 310 ilvl with empty slots atm.

I haven't seen anything, so I'm just slapping PIE everywhere and crit anywhere I can't put Piety.Aside from maybe the weapon and accessories, none of the stuff we can get right now will make it into raid anyway, and it makes it easier to heal through people that can't jump rope. At some point somebody will work out spell speed value; I assume det is still trash.

duckroll

I like how Minagawa is still answering questions on the Japanese forums as a UI lead, when he is officially the Art Director now. Did YoshiP ever talk about the credit changes or any reshuffle within the dev team? I wonder if the responsibilities have changed at all.

Luminaire

I haven't seen anything, so I'm just slapping PIE everywhere and crit anywhere I can't put Piety.Aside from maybe the weapon and accessories, none of the stuff we can get right now will make it into raid anyway, and it makes it easier to heal through people that can't jump rope. At some point somebody will work out spell speed value; I assume det is still trash.

I wonder if they upped spell speed like they did for det. Would come in handy for bigger regens.

Kotaku interview. Some interesting info here.

On FFXV crossover

Yoship said:
Plans for these are moving forward. The Final Fantasy XV team has settled down on their end. We feel that it's going to be rather hefty in volume in terms of this crossover. Once we are able to get some visual references, some graphics available, and when we decide on timing, we'll make sure to make an official announcement.

Get ready for Noctis/Ignis/Prompto/Gladiolus hair and weapons/outfits.

All the weapon types are available so the cosplay should be good.

Noctis - Paladin/Samurai?

Ignis - Ninja

Prompto - Machinist

Gladiolus - Dark Knight

AwShucks

First dungeon was outrageously easy, at least in dusk vigil it was just about possible to wipe on the bosses..

The tank in my party didn't like one of the bosses. Said it was hard to tell what he was doing. I actually enjoyed the three bosses a lot. One of my favorite dungeons now.

duckroll

I hope the FFXIV collab event with FFXV is as good as the Terra Battle collab event. Judging from Mistwalker's interpretation of FFXV, the important things to capture were:

- Bros fighting together
- Bros gathering ingredients
- Bros cooking at a campfire with said ingredients
- Bros taking wefies together.

Gojeran

Can you really buy item level 260 gear with poetics once you hit level 60? Seems crazy to me. If so much do they cost in general? I'm a new (sorts returning player) just hit level 55 on WAR and still in ARR. can't even unlock my lv 52/54 job quests yet. Got most of the item 130 gear with poetics but I think I read somewhere you can get 260 at 60.

duckroll

Oh yeah, I capped out Poetics last night. At 2000 now, so every Beast Tribe Quest I continue to turn in is throwing 15 away. What should I buy with them?

iammeiam

Can you really buy item level 260 gear with poetics once you hit level 60? Seems crazy to me. If so much do they cost in general? I'm a new (sorts returning player) just hit level 55 on WAR and still in ARR. can't even unlock my lv 52/54 job quests yet. Got most of the item 130 gear with poetics but I think I read somewhere you can get 260 at 60.

Yes; they eliminated lore from the game and just made Poetics the purchase for everything. You get the 260 stuff at the Heavensward endgame town; you can buy the 260 gear, the upgrade items to make it 270, and everything you need for the 260 weapon with poetics. It's kind of convenient.

erawsd

Yeah, costs arent bad. Accessories are 180, weapons add up to 500, the rest are 200-400.

Top Bottom