• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Crosseyes

Banned
A lot of changes to problematic jobs show that SE quite literally just doesn't understand ANYTHING about how their game is played. WHAT are these MCH changes. WHAT are these scholar changes. WHAT are these dragoon changes.

Get Yoshi out of the chair.
Jeez man just quit the game already. These changes are all looking fantastic.

Tired of the negativity brewing when Stormblood overall has had huge improvements and been a great success.

Squishy3

Dragoon changes are fine I guess but I just want a change to the Eyes mechanic.

I can lose attention waiting for the swords to come down in Susano EX\ and forget to reup BOTD and bam there goes 2 eyes, now I only have 1 eye when Susano comes back out. Probably still feel bad in stuff dungeons and anything with long jumps.

studyguy

bms.gif

eVsL69A.gif

Sucks for those groups who did that I guess?
That's a big change

iammeiam

they didnt do it from the get go because back when balance was 5% aoe, it did next to nothing to increase raid dmg(not my words, the words of the ones who wanted it buffed. it was something like a 2% increase). so SE made it 10 on spread, and it became broken. im expecting the same people from back then to complain about it again.

I mean the start of Stormblood?

AST as a healer is in a completely different place from 3.0, and is less reliant on Balance for 100% of its value to the party. This is a kind of obvious move to make in the expansion, on the level of something you'd think they'd have known they wanted to do before EA. It's just odd that they made the obvious move on a month delay instead of just doing it day one, since everything that's happened since has been super predictable.

The minimal overall rDPS gain from Balance is going to be counterbalanced in some ways by the increased frequency of useful card combos (Spear joining Arrow in the "not Balance but also not completely loathsome" category), the strength of AST's kit, etc.

scy

I want to say, if it does work that way for pre-made and not just an RF requirement, that this is their idea of a logical ending point to their LB changes waaaaaaaaay back in like 3.1.

kaze343

I mean the start of Stormblood?

AST as a healer is in a completely different place from 3.0, and is less reliant on Balance for 100% of its value to the party. This is a kind of obvious move to make in the expansion, on the level of something you'd think they'd have known they wanted to do before EA. It's just odd that they made the obvious move on a month delay instead of just doing it day one, since everything that's happened since has been super predictable.

The minimal overall rDPS gain from Balance is going to be counterbalanced in some ways by the increased frequency of useful card combos (Spear joining Arrow in the "not Balance but also not completely loathsome" category), the strength of AST's kit, etc.

oh i know, balance was pretty much going to get hit. the spear change was a nice surprise tho.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Jeez man just quit the game already. These changes are all looking fantastic.

Tired of the negativity brewing when Stormblood overall has had huge improvements and been a great success.

If you think MCH heat change looks "fantastic" you don't understand the job.
SCH fixes are bandaids and do little to fix fundamental problems.

I don't know how to put it that I can both like the game and despise the ineptitude of the dev team.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
INSTANCES ARE BACK
IN ALL SB ZONES
BABY!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/23cc8fdbce0d2e8ae08fe7fd472c1ffd8acf6183

We have confirmed that certain FATEs and Elite Marks are currently causing congestion. In order to make the gameplay as smooth as possible for the players, we will be implementing tentative measures for congestion relief and load reduction.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

[Details]
We will be implementing multiple Field Instances for the following areas.

The Fringes / The Peaks / The Lochs / The Ruby Sea / Yanxia / The Azim Steppe

A Field Instance is one of many copies of an area that you can travel to when changing areas.

These instances will be distinguished with a number at the end of the area name, such as "The Fringes 1", "The Fringes 2", “The Fringes 3”, and so on. Each Field Instance will be the complete area, albeit separate copies.

■How to Choose a Field Instance
When changing areas on foot or by mount to one of the areas listed above, a window will appear that will let you select which instance you wish to travel to.

When using Teleport/Return, a Field Instance will be chosen at random. You can check which Field Instance you entered by checking your Chat Log or using the "/instance" command.

■Restrictions in Field Instances
Characters in different Field Instances of the same area will be able to send Tells to one another, but will not be able to see each other.

■Entering the Same Field Instance as a Party Unfortunately, if a party enters an area via Teleport/Return, they may not enter the same Field Instance. You will need to enter the area by foot or mount and select the same Field Instance number to ensure that you stay together.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
INSTANCES ARE BACK
IN ALL SB ZONES
BABY!

Why are they so incompetent?
When using Teleport/Return, a Field Instance will be chosen at random. You can check which Field Instance you entered by checking your Chat Log or using the "/instance" command.

■Entering the Same Field Instance as a Party Unfortunately, if a party enters an area via Teleport/Return, they may not enter the same Field Instance. You will need to enter the area by foot or mount and select the same Field Instance number to ensure that you stay together.
They could've at least changed this shit.

studyguy

We will be implementing multiple Field Instances for the following areas.

The Fringes / The Peaks / The Lochs / The Ruby Sea / Yanxia / The Azim Steppe

A Field Instance is one of many copies of an area that you can travel to when changing areas.

Hunts are gonna be a pain in the ass now.
More hunts but finding them is gonna blow

remz

If I want to play Tank dark knight is still the worst ye? I'm working through the vanilla content because I wanted to be a DRK because cool greatswords but if they suck maybe I'll just stay as PLD :(

iammeiam

The MCH changes are pretty solid for the casual tier, at least. The loss of Cooldowns is going to be a thing people will math out and frown at , and Overheat not getting put back at 20 is kind of crap, but the Stabilizer change is at least a step towards less punishing. It's literally the best I was hoping for at this point--4.2 will probably bring the FotM overbuff again, and it's possible the post-50 feel will be weird with the reduced heat build, and I don't think we needed the nerf to heat gain over 50 once they made the Barrel Stabilizer change, but it's a hell of a lot better than just what they'd told us in advance.

The job identity is on some level perma-fucked this expansion since everything they used to have the advantage at was moved cross-role to give Bard access, but with my lowered expectations I'll take it.

oh i know, balance was pretty much going to get hit. the spear change was a nice surprise tho.

Right, but that doesn't explain why it's happening in 4.05. It was the big, obvious, expected thing; should have just been there from 4.0.

Stuart444

x.x /sigh

Wish they would have changed this so you always end up in the same instance as your party members (unless the instance is full at least) ;-;

Paprikka

The only time I can play this game is between 10 pm and 1 am, Pacific time. I've been subscribed for less than a month. This is the second time I've logged in and been informed that I cannot play at all.

This is very frustrating. Is it normally this frequent or is it just because of Stormblood?

It's mostly because of Stormblood, they've staggered the release of some of the end game activities to give people time to level and gear up and each takes some downtime to patch in.

Though it's pretty unlucky too your free time lines up almost exactly with the downtime, servers went down at 10.

Stuart444

If I want to play Tank dark knight is still the worst ye? I'm working through the vanilla content because I wanted to be a DRK because cool greatswords but if they suck maybe I'll just stay as PLD :(

They are fine, I find DRK quite fun.

Regardless, play what you enjoy. All jobs are viable for all content in the game. If you want to be a DRK, be a DRK. (and again, they are fun imo. - Level 63 just now but I'm enjoying it)

Bebpo

Banned
Why are they adding instances back for EVERYTHING IN SB? Wasn't the only problem The Lochs because dumb Ixion?

Dark Knight doesn't seem like many changes. Still last place tank?

New treasure map dungeon is cool. Still never had the chance to go to Aquapolis.

i320 requirement for V3/V4 is a bit rough. I sure hope Creation tomestones give i320 gear in that case.

Edzi

Huzzah for WAR changes!

Did they do anything to RDM and SAM?

Also, how's the healer situation looking like? I'm not sure I understand the impact to the WHM and SCH changes.

kaze343

The MCH changes are pretty solid for the casual tier, at least. The loss of Cooldowns is going to be a thing people will math out and frown at , and Overheat not getting put back at 20 is kind of crap, but the Stabilizer change is at least a step towards less punishing. It's literally the best I was hoping for at this point--4.2 will probably bring the FotM overbuff again, and it's possible the post-50 feel will be weird with the reduced heat build, and I don't think we needed the nerf to heat gain over 50 once they made the Barrel Stabilizer change, but it's a hell of a lot better than just what they'd told us in advance.

The job identity is on some level perma-fucked this expansion since everything they used to have the advantage at was moved cross-role to give Bard access, but with my lowered expectations I'll take it.

Right, but that doesn't explain why it's happening in 4.05. It was the big, obvious, expected thing; should have just been there from 4.0.
they were still riding the "wait and see" train.

the nerf to heat gain I wanna say is because they know people were trying to not overheat. seems stupid with the stabilizer change, but its expected that not everything is going to make sense when dealing with SE

Item Box

x.x /sigh

Wish they would have changed this so you always end up in the same instance as your party members (unless the instance is full at least) ;-;
Im okay with this

If they did that, instances would fill up faster than they already do

i320 requirement for V3/V4 is a bit rough. I sure hope Creation tomestones give i320 gear in that case.
It's probably 330 considering current omega gear is 320

remz

They are fine, I find DRK quite fun.

Regardless, play what you enjoy. All jobs are viable for all content in the game. If you want to be a DRK, be a DRK. (and again, they are fun imo. - Level 63 just now but I'm enjoying it)

If they're fun, that's all that matters to me tbh so this a huge relief. I've been messing around with RDM too which has been fun also! but more fun that playing DPS is not having 30 min plus dungeon queues!

Stuart444

Im okay with this

If they did that, instances would fill up faster than they already do

Yeah well it sucks for people that play with their friends/partners/etc. (aka not people who just join a pf group so they can teleport into the correct instance)

Many times, I've had to go out and into an area just to meet up with someone, even when instance 1 had 3 people, 2 had 4 people and 3 had 1 person, it still separates us. You should at the very least be able select someone in your party member and choose a sub command that says "join same instance" or something similar to the way Guild Wars 2 does it.

That way people who are genuinely playing together for non hunt/fate stuff don't get punished.

If they're fun, that's all that matters to me tbh so this a huge relief. I've been messing around with RDM too which has been fun also! but more fun that playing DPS is not having 30 min plus dungeon queues!

Yeah they are fun, Some people miss not having to manage mp as much anymore (since they changed Darkside to not constantly drain mp now) but overall it's fun to play imo.

RDM is hella fun too. Switched from DRG main to RDM main <3

Not sure how I feel about only really getting a 20 potency boost on one combo, but it's nearly the same as Pallys 30 potency loss on Holy Spirit. I don't know. Still planning on playing DRK but it'll be disappointing if they're really the worst of the three.

new tome gear will be 320, maybe upgradable to 325~330 at some point with some annoying to collect item

320? Don't agree. It would be redundant on release

It would be inline with the way they've done things so far, and tome gear is mainly to keep players who don't have the time/inclination to raid relatively geared up

scy

Did you guys forget how Normal - Tome - Savage gear works or something.

Edit: To be less snark, X - X+10 - X+20; tome gear with a +10 ilvl upgrade via the raid and eventually in the 24-man raid. 24-man raid drops equivalent to base tome gear. Crafted should be the same as Normal, assuming we have a crafted set for the entry tier anyway. This puts it at 320 - 330 - 340, with the O4S weapons being 345.

new tome gear will be 320, maybe upgradable to 325~330 at some point with some annoying to collect item

It would be inline with the way they've done things so far, and tome gear is mainly to keep players who don't have the time/inclination to raid relatively geared up

Tome Gear is going to be i330, with Savage gear being i340 and upgraded Tome Gear being i340 with items you can get from either Savage or from weekly clears of the 4.1 Raid. Tome Gear is never the same ilevel as normal.

iammeiam

320 would be wildly inconsistent with every single tier of gearing since we've had normal raids.

Normal/Crafted 320, Tome 330, Upgraded Tome 340/Savage 340. Anything else is a massive departure from how tome gear has worked forever. It has to upgrade to parity with Savage, or they destroy the entire gear catchup cycle.

Did you guys forget how Normal - Tome - Savage gear works or something.

Saving up tomestones for three weeks to buy a weapon of equal iLevel to Susano would be a special kind of soul-crushing, at least.

Squishy3

Capped tome gear has been 10 ilvls above normal raids since HW started. Eso was 200, upgradeable to 210, etc. as it continued through the patches. Makes no sense for weekly capped tomestone gear to be the same ilvl as normal Omega.

Omni

I don't think Tome gear in 3.x was the same ilevel as the normal raid gear. Probably remembering incorrectly?

I'm betting savage will be i340. Tome 330.

kaze343

320? Don't agree. It would be redundant on release

looking at the old gear, signs point to 330, with it being going to 340 on upgrade. this is on the idea that they are still going to follow the normal raid being 20 ilvls below savage.

Edit- you said it before my post

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Ahhhhh dammit the Balance nerf finally hit me.

320 would be wildly inconsistent with every single tier of gearing since we've had normal raids.

Normal/Crafted 320, Tome 330, Upgraded Tome 340/Savage 340. Anything else is a massive departure from how tome gear has worked forever. It has to upgrade to parity with Savage, or they destroy the entire gear catchup cycle.

Saving up tomestones for three weeks to buy a weapon of equal iLevel to Susano would be a special kind of soul-crushing, at least.

Yeah, you guys are right. It's been so long I honestly didn't remember but the Susano comparison makes it obvious.

I have every non-healer Susano weapon now -_-

Top Bottom